Pages:
Author

Topic: Using Cryptocurrency for Dark Web - page 4. (Read 488 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 10
YOUC | John McAfee Supports
September 20, 2018, 09:52:23 PM
Last night, I saw a movie called Unfriended: Dark Web wherein one of the main characters stole a laptop, which he later found out that it is owned by a member of an anonymous group in a Dark Web. This member sent him bitcoins totaling to $10m to make him do terrible things, dragging his friends into this mess. This got me thinking, I know it is probably possible to use crypto for dark web, but if this is how it is going to be, don't you think that this will make bitcoins and other altcoins dangerous? Can a person really use cryptocurrency for Dark Web?

PS: I am not planning to use cryptocurrency for dark web, I am simply asking if it is indeed possible and its dangers.

Well, bitcoin is infamous because many peoples was using it in the dark web at the early year of bitcoin.
But for now, bitcoin is being used not only peoples from dark web, but in the real life too. You can see that some companies starting to accept bitcoin as payment.
Activity: 308
Merit: 102
September 20, 2018, 04:03:34 PM
As far as I know in 2012-2013, thanks to the darkweb bitcoin overcame the first mark of$250-1000. Thanks to black schemes, the price of bitcoin rose and it received publicity in the media. And then gave birth to the demand for this currency.
In today's world, darkweb only harms bitcoin. His anonymity has attracted people involved in drugs, weapons, prostitution, human trafficking, terrorists, money laundering and more. Today there is an alternative for darkweb, it is a coin Monero. It was originally created coin for these target. I hope that bitcoin will be cleared of all black crimes and soon governments will not consider this coin (money) black market propaganda.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
September 20, 2018, 03:01:02 PM
Bitcoin was a prominent currency used in an online blackmarket platform called the Silk Road which was completely shut down in 2014 after its operators were caught and was sent behind bars. Let's face it, bitcoin as a currency will be used in illegal trading and schemes no matter how much we campaign against it. It's money, and even fiat is not safe from such schemes, so does bitcoin. There are a lot of dangers residing when you use bitcoin but it's still up to the end-user whether they'll use it for such or not.
Activity: 769
Merit: 108
September 20, 2018, 03:00:25 PM
Yes you can using bitcoin in dark web, and not only bitcoin, fiat money too. So the problem is not from bitcoin, but from people. Will be wrong if he uses bitcoin for Negative things. And bitcoin will be very usefull if we use it for positive things. Ex : in my country there was an earthquake, and people in this forum make lokal thread to help it, and we pay it with bitcoin or ethereum. And that very helpful
Activity: 183
Merit: 2
September 20, 2018, 02:59:31 PM
Indeed you can use them everywhere but be careful: only those who protect yourself are the real anonymous and you can use with no fear.
Life is beautiful without Authority
Activity: 672
Merit: 526
September 20, 2018, 02:50:28 PM
People currently use dollar to do terrible things. Who's blaming the dollar for that?
This type of questioning does not make sense. But yes, Bitcoin has as a great use case its use in Dark Web as a means of payment.

This only demonstrates that it is possible to replace credit cards and cash with Bitcoin. Many here, myself included, met Bitcoin through articles telling the story of Silk Road.
Activity: 700
Merit: 100
September 20, 2018, 02:09:11 PM
> I am simply asking if it is indeed possible and its dangers.

Oh you don't know its dangers? Then I simply advice for you not to do it. That is simple if you want to lengthen your short life here on earth. Many people's lives were corrupted by this dark web. Either they are the victims of a red room and anything that you can consider dangerous there. There is a black market for anything you want to buy in there. Even you can afford to buy a 'child' that is sold there for trafficking. That is what sickening about the dark web is. The bad stories underneath it. Goodluck if you want to try diving. We've warned you enough.
Activity: 1764
Merit: 584
September 20, 2018, 02:02:13 PM
Once you go Mariana deep, there's no going back. Burn your devices, fake your death and move to a war-torn country where no one would bother looking for you.  Grin

Yes, people use cryptos for horrible things. With bitcoins though, it's possible for law enforcers to track it so it's unlikely that you'd get paid in it. If you are a casual bitcoin user, it's very unlikely you'd get dragged into something like you saw in the movie.
Activity: 196
Merit: 4
September 20, 2018, 01:41:11 PM
Bitcoin usage on the dark web was much higher 3-4 years ago but as the coin has become more mainstream it's usage on the dark web has gone down considerably.

Oh. I did not know about that. Thank you for that information. I am glad to know that dark web does not use cryptocurrency as much anymore as before because if more people are interested in using cryptocurrency, associating it with the Dark Web may drive people away from joining the crypto world.
Activity: 126
Merit: 25
September 20, 2018, 01:36:59 PM
Last night, I saw a movie called Unfriended: Dark Web wherein one of the main characters stole a laptop, which he later found out that it is owned by a member of an anonymous group in a Dark Web. This member sent him bitcoins totaling to $10m to make him do terrible things, dragging his friends into this mess. This got me thinking, I know it is probably possible to use crypto for dark web, but if this is how it is going to be, don't you think that this will make bitcoins and other altcoins dangerous? Can a person really use cryptocurrency for Dark Web?

PS: I am not planning to use cryptocurrency for dark web, I am simply asking if it is indeed possible and its dangers.

Bitcoin usage on the dark web was much higher 3-4 years ago but as the coin has become more mainstream it's usage on the dark web has gone down considerably.
Activity: 336
Merit: 55
September 20, 2018, 01:28:32 PM
The sad part is yes, cryptocurrency can always use in dark web and the payment would be anonymous right? Since it is decentralized, no one will be able to detect where that wallet was created and who is the owner of that wallet. Unfortunately, there are some bad guys who used cryptocurrency as a medium of payment for anonymous transactions.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 523
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
September 20, 2018, 01:23:39 PM
Darkweb can be the worst part and it's pulls down bitcoin one side because of its usage.

So still we need be safer in white web to access the wallet or keep the fund safer in your wallet. Mostly darkweb users looking to get the payment for scams and hacks they were doing.

Since they want to be safer without accessing their location this is the best way for them.
Activity: 196
Merit: 4
September 20, 2018, 01:12:27 PM

Pages:
Jump to: