Pages:
Author

Topic: Vanity Pool - vanity address generator pool - page 13. (Read 147183 times)

Activity: 444
Merit: 307
Well if "TioKiko" is the most profitable reward to mine for right now, it's 17.8 days at 23.5 Mkey/s for a 0.04btc reward, so that's a far cry from being profitable on electricity. If there is a way to search for more than one key at a time, I haven't figured it out, but I would love some instruction from anybody out there.

It should be done automatically by the miner.
Activity: 604
Merit: 273
Well if "TioKiko" is the most profitable reward to mine for right now, it's 17.8 days at 23.5 Mkey/s for a 0.04btc reward, so that's a far cry from being profitable on electricity. If there is a way to search for more than one key at a time, I haven't figured it out, but I would love some instruction from anybody out there.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
Right. I think it would make sense to compare it to LTC, since its the most widely mined coin with GPUs.
According to the bottom chart on http://fizzisist.com/mining-value/ , the mining ratio is 3

But according to vanitypoool.appspot.com , the mining ratio is 41.

Which is correct?

Thanks.

It probably depends how you calculate it. On Vanity Pool website it's quite optimistic, saying that if you could mine for all addresses at once using sum algorithm you would get this ratio. I don't think that's how miners do it, they generally focus on one most profitable address (or set of addresses) and mine that.

Moreover, with the ASICs entering the picture that metric is skewed again, since Bitcoin's difficulty is not representative of what a GPU miner could earn by mining alt-coins for example. I will have to update that part of the pool at some point to be more coin-independent.

At any rate, it's best to calculate this yourself, since you will know exactly how your hardware performs (on those websites that performance is guesstimated based on a few GPUs that were measured).
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
According to the bottom chart on http://fizzisist.com/mining-value/ , the mining ratio is 3

But according to vanitypoool.appspot.com , the mining ratio is 41.

Which is correct?

Thanks.
It is possible that the way the Pool calculates how profitable a work is and the way vanitygen calculates it is different.

I know that sometimes we have to look at the sum of the profitability of all work for a given public key - if one person requests a few addresses searching for them is often more profitable since you have many different solutions to go for with the same calculations.

Hi, I'm just starting out with vanity mining, seeing if it might still put this old ATI 5850 to good use. So I'm using this command to run the miner:

./oclvanityminer -D 0:1,grid=1024x1024 -u https://vanitypool.appspot.com/ -a 1mybitcoinpublickey

I with -a 1mybitcoinpublickey you should use address instead, but otherwise it appears to be correct Wink.
Hmmm. "1ZhouTong" has a lavishness at 1.5e-5 and a reward of 0.48btc. So higher lavishness and higher reward than "1TioKiko". Maybe I'm missing something...
Activity: 508
Merit: 500
Techwolf on #bitcoin and Reddit
Hi, I'm just starting out with vanity mining, seeing if it might still put this old ATI 5850 to good use. So I'm using this command to run the miner:

./oclvanityminer -D 0:1,grid=1024x1024 -u https://vanitypool.appspot.com/ -a 1mybitcoinpublickey

I see this:

Searching for pattern: "1TioKiko" Reward: 0.040000 Value: 0.000001 BTC/Gkey
    Difficulty: 51529903411245
    Total value for current work: 0.000001 BTC/Gkey
    [23.62 Mkey/s][total 10195304448][Prob 0.0%][50% in 17.5d]

I understand, it can only search for one of the rewards at a time, and it has chose to try to find the reward for the "1TioKiko" address. I see from https://vanitypool.appspot.com/availableWork that the lavishness of this reward is 3.3e-06 for a 0.04btc reward. However, I also see the reward for "1Wednesday" is 0.08 and it only has a lavishness of 4.6e-08, much lower than "1TioKiko".

So has it chosen a non-optimal reward to mine for here? Can someone offer advice on the best practise for using a mining software, currently. I still haven't figured out what I'm supposed to do with the "compressed keys" update. Piachu, can you give me some guidance here?

Higher lavishness is better, I believe. "1Wednesday" will take MUCH longer to solve than "1TioKiko", so you will get a higher reward (counting power and time cost) from the easier prefix. The exact formula for it is in the FAQ.

No clue about the compressed keys, though.

I see this:

Searching for pattern: "1TioKiko" Reward: 0.040000 Value: 0.000001 BTC/Gkey
    Difficulty: 51529903411245
    Total value for current work: 0.000001 BTC/Gkey
    [23.62 Mkey/s][total 10195304448][Prob 0.0%][50% in 17.5d]

I understand, it can only search for one of the rewards at a time, and it has chose to try to find the reward for the "1TioKiko" address. I see from https://vanitypool.appspot.com/availableWork that the lavishness of this reward is 3.3e-06 for a 0.04btc reward. However, I also see the reward for "1Wednesday" is 0.08 and it only has a lavishness of 4.6e-08, much lower than "1TioKiko".

So has it chosen a non-optimal reward to mine for here? Can someone offer advice on the best practise for using a mining software, currently. I still haven't figured out what I'm supposed to do with the "compressed keys" update. Piachu, can you give me some guidance here?

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022
Either i have been extremely lucky or this really helped a lot, i hit an 8 chars today.  Grin

Congrats! Smiley

Awesome stuff
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003
And thanks for the ticker!
Either i have been extremely lucky or this really helped a lot, i hit an 8 chars today.  Grin

Congrats! Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003
Activity: 508
Techwolf on #bitcoin and Reddit
And a new update for the Pool - we now do more detailed checks for whether a work is solvable, meaning that there shouldn't be any more unsolvable work in the Pool.

Awesome! Now I won't be bugging you about the unsolvable stuff.  Smiley
And a new update for the Pool - we now do more detailed checks for whether a work is solvable, meaning that there shouldn't be any more unsolvable work in the Pool.
This has been a long-requested feature. Vanity Pool is now supporting compressed key solutions. To check all possible solutions for your pair of keys, please visit:

http://gobittest.appspot.com/VanityAll

(be sure to use https for extra safety as needed)

We eventually will be also phasing out additive solutions from our pool for extra safety. This change will take place once new mining software is available - so please keep an eye out for future updates.

We also did some minor improvements on the payment logic to avoid some small issues we noticed on the testing environment.
Vanity Pool is currently undergoing a big update. We are moving form BitcoinQT to Blockchain.info for our wallet services to speed things up. If anyone has unpaid work that they wish to be publicly available on the Pool, please check your work URL for the newest address.

How long will the transition take?

Updating the data took about 5 minutes. After that I gave the transaction that credited the new addresses some time to confirm, but decided to make the site live for the miners before we got a full confirmation. So the website was down for about 20 minutes I think, and after that it was on but might not be able to pay out for another hour or two. As I checked nobody tried to claim a reward before we got a confirmation, so everything worked out fine.
Activity: 504
WTF???
Vanity Pool is currently undergoing a big update. We are moving form BitcoinQT to Blockchain.info for our wallet services to speed things up. If anyone has unpaid work that they wish to be publicly available on the Pool, please check your work URL for the newest address.

How long will the transition take?
Does this site work with compressed or uncompressed public keys?

For the miner it would be sufficient to use a counter as private key as the security of the resulting key has to lie entirely in the private key of the requesting party?

This site works with uncompressed keys.

Yes, the security of the key lies in the private key of the person making the request.
Pages:
Jump to: