Author

Topic: Vanitygen: Vanity bitcoin address generator/miner [v0.22] - page 127. (Read 1153383 times)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0
No, as Wolf0 pointed out, I mean a brain wallet, where the private key is sha256(passpharase). You can make them here: https://www.bitaddress.org/

Wolf0, oyage oluve podiy. Let me know when you find that on the net.

refer_2_me, I see. Well as vanitygen is generating addresses it should not be very hard to make what you
want.

However it think the easiest is if python generates the pontential passphrases, which you then run through
sha256sum and recode to bitcoin base58. sha256sum is from coreutils.

Or possibly take the address generation code from bitcoind and make it do what you want (again input
from a python passphrase generator).

Activity: 213
Merit: 100
No, as Wolf0 pointed out, I mean a brain wallet, where the private key is sha256(passpharase). You can make them here: https://www.bitaddress.org/

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
Activity: 40

So I made a brain wallet a little while ago and put some coins in it. Not many (~1-2), but given current prices, I figure it's worth it to try and get at them again. The problem is that I can't exactly remember by passphrase. It was several words with non standard capitalization and letter substitutions. I remember what the base words were, but I can't remember the substitutions. I know the bitcoin address, so my plan is to generate possible passphrases based on what I know, then generate the private keys and corresponding bitcoin address and see if it's mine.

I've written a script in python to do this, but it's slow. It takes about 0.25 seconds/hash, and it should get me what I need eventually, but I would like it to go faster. I am using the ecdsa and hashlib python libraries to generate the keys and addresses, which I believe are implemented in C.

By "brain wallet" I assume you mean you forgot your wallet password?

If so and as you know python and what word your password is made from, make a python program that
makes potential passwords and call "bitcoind walletpassphrase 1" and check return the
value(s?). When you successfully unlock your wallet, you've found it.

E. g. If you know your password was "refer" but you might have used "3" instead of "e", the program
would generate refer, r3fer, ref3r, r3f3r and try them one by one.

This is offtopic for vanitygen, so I suggest you create another thread if you need further help.
legendary
Is there a way to set gpu intensity? My computer keeps crashing with 100%
Hi,
So I made a brain wallet a little while ago and put some coins in it. Not many (~1-2), but given current prices, I figure it's worth it to try and get at them again. The problem is that I can't exactly remember by passphrase. It was several words with non standard capitalization and letter substitutions. I remember what the base words were, but I can't remember the substitutions. I know the bitcoin address, so my plan is to generate possible passphrases based on what I know, then generate the private keys and corresponding bitcoin address and see if it's mine.

I've written a script in python to do this, but it's slow. It takes about 0.25 seconds/hash, and it should get me what I need eventually, but I would like it to go faster. I am using the ecdsa and hashlib python libraries to generate the keys and addresses, which I believe are implemented in C.

I've looked at the code for vanitygen, but I don't know C that well and there aren't really any comments, so I'm not sure how everything works. Moreover, I have never done anything in OpenCl, so my excursion into that code was fruitless.

So my question is, is there a way to modify vanitygen or oclvanitygen to generate addresses based on trial passphrases, or sha256(trial passphrases)?
I've done a fair bit of googling, but I can't find anyone who has made a program for this purpose. I'm willing to spend some time learning C (and maybe some OpenCL) if necessary.

Thanks

TL;DR: I don't remember by brain wallet, and want to use vanitygen (or part of it) to recover it.

Alternatively, is it possible to use John the Ripper or similar to generate bitcoin addresses and test that way?
Hi,

I've looked at the code for vanitygen, but I don't know C that well and there aren't really any comments, so I'm not sure how everything works. Moreover, I have never done anything in OpenCl, so my excursion into that code was fruitless.

So my question is, is there a way to modify vanitygen or oclvanitygen to generate addresses based on trial passphrases, or sha256(trial passphrases)?
I've done a fair bit of googling, but I can't find anyone who has made a program for this purpose. I'm willing to spend some time learning C (and maybe some OpenCL) if necessary.

Thanks

TL;DR: I don't remember by brain wallet, and want to use vanitygen (or part of it) to recover it.
Activity: 53
Could anyone please tell me how to rectify the following error?

Code:
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Users\#\Desktop\vanitygen>oclvanityminer -u https://vanitypool.appsot.
com/ -a ##
Get work request failed: Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with given CA
certificates

C:\Users\#\Desktop\vanitygen>oclvanityminer -u https://vanitypool.appspot
.com/ -a ##
clGetPlatformIDs(0): Unknown code -1001
clGetPlatformIDs(0): Unknown code -1001
Available OpenCL platforms:
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
aka 7Strykes
Make a new thread Vanitygen Prefixes and esamples
There should be a list of the major altcoins and their corresponding prefixes in the OP.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=225680.0/

My business thread has them all. Just scroll down.
legendary
Make a new thread Vanitygen Prefixes and esamples
legendary
I think it's -k mister just found it
Lay off the weed bro ;-)
legendary
vanitygen.exe -o file.txt 1s
legendary
Prefix must be at the end :-(
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
I never got oclvanitygen to work on my GPU (only CPU which gets 750kkeys/s) so I read here that I should downgrade to AMD Catalyst 12.8.
So I did that, but still oclvanitygen does not work on my GPU:

Code:
Compiling kernel, can take minutes...LLVM ERROR: Cannot select: 0x549e808: i8 = ...

Anyone knows how to fix this?

I was getting a similar error from my 7750 when I was running it with 13.1.  It works fine with 12.10, though.  I'd give that version a shot.

Is this is a bug in OpenCL?  Has it been reported to AMD?
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
When I use vanitygen it says "error loading calc_address.cl"
Does anyone know the solution to this problem?
cd first to the directory where vanitiygen is Wink

cd? Sorry, I'm a noob...
 Sad
i guess winblows user Tongue
put calc_address.cl in the same folder as oclvanitygen.exe
Activity: 476
What do you call a fish with no eyes? A Fsh!

cd? Sorry, I'm a noob...
 Sad
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
Activity: 476
What do you call a fish with no eyes? A Fsh!
Activity: 448
Merit: 254
See:
(lightcoin) Valid addresses are in the range: LKDxGDJ-LiZZFKc7

Base58 ALPHABET = "123456789ABCDEFGHJKLMNPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijkmnopqrstuvwxyz"

Aha, you're right, thanks.  If anyone's curious, I verified these on brainwallet.org with hex strings 30000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 and 30ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff which are the lower and upper bounds of a litecoin pubkeyhash (1 network byte = 0x30, 20 bytes of hash, 4 bytes of checksum).
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Just posting this for anyone who is interested.

I get 26 Mkey/s with a GTX 680. Was quite easy to get running, only launched CMD and "oclvanitygen.exe 1Brutus".

Found my "1Brutus" address in 6min Cheesy.
Jump to: