Author

Topic: Vanitygen: Vanity bitcoin address generator/miner [v0.22] - page 131. (Read 1153383 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
I'm getting 61 keys/s, will my 7 letter prefix take long with such an amount of keys/second?

Yes, it could take years if you are only getting 61 keys per second. The average time is shown in the output.

...[Prob 0.0%][50% in 5.6y]

Ah. I guess I'll go to a paid service then =P.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
So if you wanted an oddball beginning would you convert the first number/letter to hex then it would be like

-X4a for J?

J is 43. This page explains it: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/List_of_address_prefixes
thats wrong since you have to supply it as hex value, not as dec
Activity: 672
I'm getting 61 keys/s, will my 7 letter prefix take long with such an amount of keys/second?
Activity: 742
Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3
So if you wanted an oddball beginning would you convert the first number/letter to hex then it would be like

-X4a for J?
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
>oclvanitygen ########  (8 character search)

Difficulty: 51529903411245
[22.67 Mkey/s][total 46580367360][Prob 0.1%][50% in 18.2d]                     clWaitForEv
ents(NDRange,1): CL_OUT_OF_RESOURCES
Device: GeForce GTX 570
Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation (10de)
Driver: 311.06
Profile: FULL_PROFILE
Version: OpenCL 1.1 CUDA
Max compute units: 15
Max workgroup size: 1024
Global memory: 1342177280
Max allocation: 335544320
vg_ocl_context_callback error: CL_OUT_OF_RESOURCES error executing CL_COMMAND_MAP_BUFFER o
n GeForce GTX 570 (Device 0).

clEnqueueMapBuffer(4): CL_OUT_OF_RESOURCES
ERROR: Could not map row buffer for slot 0
ERROR: allocation failure?

Runtime of ~1 hour before failure.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
I'm getting 1.10 Mkey/s on my computer, let's say I want to run this operation on an FPGA, would it be similar to a bitcoin miner?  How do I increase the Mkey/s rate on my computer?

Thanks
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Without looking at the code, because the seed is only part of the entropy?
Activity: 19
hello,

I was playing around with the vanitygen seed option from a file.

It surprises me that vanitygen gives me every time different results while having the same seed.

Can someone explain me briefly why that is?

thanks
Activity: 266
aka 7Strykes
I just tried downgrading to 12.8 but that immediately broke everything. cgminer, vanitygen both crashed immediately upon startup.
I first uninstalled my cards and deleted the driver via device manager, then used the ATI installer to clean up the rest. Then I rebooted and installed 12.8. Any ideas?

Look around on the AMD site for the AMD driver removal utility. Use that yo remove drivers completely, reboot, and reinstall drivers. The driver uninstall process doesn't work correctly. You need the removal utility.

Thanks so much jay! Works like a charm Smiley

I'm assuming you found that tool. No problem though. I always had so many issues with drivers until I found that tool. The very next install and it worked great!

I could only find the windows 7 version. I got really wrapped around the axle trying to revert to prior driver. Wish someone would update the GPU version of the Vanity utility. 

Do you know if the windows 7 works for windows 8 or if there is another version out there somewhere?

The win7 version should work for the win8 version because I don't think the file structure isnt any different. Try it and report back!
Activity: 27
I just tried downgrading to 12.8 but that immediately broke everything. cgminer, vanitygen both crashed immediately upon startup.
I first uninstalled my cards and deleted the driver via device manager, then used the ATI installer to clean up the rest. Then I rebooted and installed 12.8. Any ideas?

Look around on the AMD site for the AMD driver removal utility. Use that yo remove drivers completely, reboot, and reinstall drivers. The driver uninstall process doesn't work correctly. You need the removal utility.

I'm assuming you found that tool. No problem though. I always had so many issues with drivers until I found that tool. The very next install and it worked great!

I could only find the windows 7 version. I got really wrapped around the axle trying to revert to prior driver. Wish someone would update the GPU version of the Vanity utility. 

Do you know if the windows 7 works for windows 8 or if there is another version out there somewhere?
aka 7Strykes

Activity: 81
Merit: 10
trying this with a RaspPi, getting 11.6 k/h  Grin
Activity: 56

aka 7Strykes

legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431
why does oclvanityminer fail on windows?
Code:
C:\>oclvanityminer64.exe -u https://vanitypool.appspot.com/ -a myaddress -v
* About to connect() to vanitypool.appspot.com port 443 (#0)
*   Trying 74.125.142.141...
* connected
* Connected to vanitypool.appspot.com (74.125.142.141) port 443 (#0)
* error setting certificate verify locations:
  CAfile: cacert.pem
  CApath: none

* Closing connection #0
* Problem with the SSL CA cert (path? access rights?)
Get work request failed: Problem with the SSL CA cert (path? access rights?)

Start with a new copy of cg miner
Yes, I did that, too, but either openCL-using program immediately broke. cgminer wouldn't even let me do -n and oclvanitygen wouldn't list platforms or devices. Could it be driver crumbs left behind somewhere?
Activity: 162
Merit: 100

Start with a new copy of cg miner
Activity: 651
Merit: 501
My PGP Key: 92C7689C
I dug around in the vanitygen code a bit and got it to spit out compressed addresses without too much difficulty.  I've put my fork up here:

https://github.com/salfter/vanitygen

As an added bonus, it'll generate Litecoin vanity addresses (compressed or uncompressed)...

How do I compile that? or are there windows binaries already available?

Code:
git clone https://github.com/salfter/vanitygen
cd vanitygen
make vanitygen

This might works under Cygwin, but I've not tried it as the machines on which I run vanitygen all run Linux...you might need to pull in the PCRE and OpenSSL headers if you don't already have them.  Of course, you also need git, gcc, and make.  For git to work with HTTPS URLs, you also need the ca-certificates package (why this isn't pulled in as a dependency of git is anybody's guess.)

Attempting to build in Visual Studio is likely to be painful.

(Edited to reflect a successful build under Cygwin.)
Activity: 27
Anyone know how to fix this bug I keep getting when I try to execute oclavanitygen on my GPU (AMD Radeon HD 7700)?

Running Windows 8 quad core platform

It and vanitygen64 run great in CPU mode but I can't coax it to run on the GPU at the higher hash rates.

Updated drivers and it didn't help and I have a new PC so can't revert back to anything older.

Great utility - would like to extend the preamble length to my vanity Bitcoin address.

Code:
C:\Users\Noob\Downloads\vanitygen-0.20-win>oclvanitygen.exe -d 0 1test
Difficulty: 264104224
Compiling kernel, can take minutes...LLVM ERROR: Cannot select: 0x3f0f868: i8 =
setcc 0x3cdd648, 0x3f10060, 0x3cdd318 [ID=80]
  0x3cdd648: i32 = AMDILISD::ADD 0x3f10060, 0x3f0fd30 [ID=63]
    0x3f10060: i32,ch = CopyFromReg 0x4ea8e20, 0x3f0fec8 [ORD=179] [ID=51]
      0x3f0fec8: i32 = Register %vreg40 [ORD=179] [ID=14]
    0x3f0fd30: i32,ch = load 0x4ea8e20, 0x3f0ffd8, 0x3ce39a8nbounds ([8 x i32] addrspace(2)* @modulus, i32 0, i32 7)]> [ORD=178] [ID=55]
      0x3f0ffd8: i32 = Constant<28> [ID=39]
      0x3ce39a8: i32 = undef [ORD=150] [ID=2]
  0x3f10060: i32,ch = CopyFromReg 0x4ea8e20, 0x3f0fec8 [ORD=179] [ID=51]
    0x3f0fec8: i32 = Register %vreg40 [ORD=179] [ID=14]
Jump to: