Author

Topic: Vanitygen: Vanity bitcoin address generator/miner [v0.22] - page 151. (Read 1153383 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 101
i have an old laptop   its saying it will take 42 days to generate the address....is this normal....and will it harm my computer?
Activity: 631
Merit: 500

Oclvanityminer will search for many patterns belonging to the same public key (ie submitted by the same person). The difficulty of finding any match is what oclvanityminer is reporting, and this is lower than for finding any single, specific match alone.

thanks. didn't know oclvanityminer had that feature already (i read somewhere in this thread that it was suggested).
Activity: 759
Merit: 502
question about the [50% in XXX] number.

when I run oclvanityminer i get one number for XXX, but if I manually plug in the public key and pattern to oclvanitygen, i get a very different XXX number. the one from oclvanityminer reports in "hours" while oclvanitygen reports in "years".

i haven't read this whole thread so i might missed it somewhere, but aren't those two values supposed to be the same since we're still basically solo mining with oclvanityminer?

Oclvanityminer will search for many patterns belonging to the same public key (ie submitted by the same person). The difficulty of finding any match is what oclvanityminer is reporting, and this is lower than for finding any single, specific match alone.

First make sure GPU is used, you can see verbose output with -v
If CPU is used (much lower Key/s) use device specifier -d or -D  like -D 0:0 or -d 0

to list all patterns for a specific public key, use -f patternfile.txt
put in the file all patterns, one pattern per line

use -k to continue search after you found match

The speeds should be the same, i tried it myselves and i have the same speeds

Activity: 720
Merit: 525

when I run oclvanityminer i get one number for XXX, but if I manually plug in the public key and pattern to oclvanitygen, i get a very different XXX number. the one from oclvanityminer reports in "hours" while oclvanitygen reports in "years".

i haven't read this whole thread so i might missed it somewhere, but aren't those two values supposed to be the same since we're still basically solo mining with oclvanityminer?

Activity: 631

legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011
Reverse engineer from time to time
I've had it too. It's a driver issue. Update the drivers if you have not done so, or downgrade to an earlier version.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Just noticed a problem with the latest fizzisist fork on a 6 GPU rig (5870 and 5970).
Got this:
Code:
clEnqueueNDRange(0): CL_OUT_OF_RESOURCES
Device: Cypress
Vendor: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (1002)
Driver: CAL 1.4.1720
Profile: FULL_PROFILE
Version: OpenCL 1.2 AMD-APP (923.1)
Max compute units: 20
Max workgroup size: 256
Global memory: 536870912
Max allocation: 134217728
and oclvanityminer stopped working (no updated Key/s stats and GPU load went to 0 and temp went down)

Thanks for reporting. I still haven't had a chance to really test my latest changes out, so I suggest you stick with samr7's original for now, at least until I submit a pull request. Probably something wrong with how I put the thread to sleep...

Same problem just happened with smar7's version.
Activity: 720
Merit: 525
Just noticed a problem with the latest fizzisist fork on a 6 GPU rig (5870 and 5970).
Got this:
Code:
and oclvanityminer stopped working (no updated Key/s stats and GPU load went to 0 and temp went down)

Thanks for reporting. I still haven't had a chance to really test my latest changes out, so I suggest you stick with samr7's original for now, at least until I submit a pull request. Probably something wrong with how I put the thread to sleep...
Note : a simple restart of oclvanityminer made it mine for vanity addresses again.
Got this:
Code:
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011
Reverse engineer from time to time
Bitcoin also uses OpenSSL, and I noticed that they feed OpenSSL a seed on Windows. Is this perhaps required for Vanitygen for Windows, too(unless it already uses it)?

The OpenSSL documentation also states
OpenSSL makes sure that the PRNG state is unique for each thread. On systems that provide /dev/urandom, the randomness device is used to seed the PRNG transparently. However, on all other systems, the application is responsible for seeding the PRNG by calling RAND_add(), RAND_egd(3) or RAND_load_file(3).

Then check out this thread https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/possible-new-vulnerability-poor-entropy-in-windows-generated-keypairs-113496
Activity: 639
My HDD was crushed by a power surge, because PSU load was too high.
See my Sig.  Wink
 |
 |
 V
10x
legendary
Activity: 952
See my Sig.  Wink
 |
 |
 V
I lost my wallet dat but I still remember my bitcoin Address, can I recover it using vanity?

Not even if you had all the computing power on the planet...

How did you loose it? If you accidentally deleted or formatted it there's still a chance you can recover it.
Activity: 451
Merit: 250
I lost my wallet dat but I still remember my bitcoin Address, can I recover it using vanity?

Yes, you just need one other tool, a time machine.  You generate a very long time and use it to create the bitcoin address you remember.  It will also create the private key that goes with that address.  I forget how much time you need but it is something like all the time in the world.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Such is life in crypto paradise

Not even if you had all the computing power on the planet...

How did you loose it? If you accidentally deleted or formatted it there's still a chance you can recover it.
legendary
either its a bug in the CL from the miner or its a bug in ati drivers with specific parameters (as for you) which is more likely.
I tried an older driver from March of 2012, I'm guessing it was 12.4. I also tried uninstalling the newest OCL runtime that came with the driver, and installing SDK 2.6. No change in either case. It runs fine with the -S option, but at about 1/4 to 1/3 of the speed.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
Still not working with the newer 12.10 drivers. Is this a problem with the program? If oclvanitygen produces invalid results, i'm assuming oclvanityminer will be the same?
probably just usual ATI crap driver, hopefully it will get fixed or there will be a workaround.
But I've heard of other using 5xxx cards, and it works fine. This just seems to be an issue with the 7xxx cards. Like I said, the -S option works fine, but at 1/3 of the speed.
and thats what ive said, the OpenCL driver is broken for 7*** cards.
Why does it work for BTC, scrypt, and everything else?
either its a bug in the CL from the miner or its a bug in ati drivers with specific parameters (as for you) which is more likely.
legendary
Still not working with the newer 12.10 drivers. Is this a problem with the program? If oclvanitygen produces invalid results, i'm assuming oclvanityminer will be the same?
probably just usual ATI crap driver, hopefully it will get fixed or there will be a workaround.
But I've heard of other using 5xxx cards, and it works fine. This just seems to be an issue with the 7xxx cards. Like I said, the -S option works fine, but at 1/3 of the speed.
and thats what ive said, the OpenCL driver is broken for 7*** cards.
Why does it work for BTC, scrypt, and everything else?
Jump to: