Author

Topic: Vanitygen: Vanity bitcoin address generator/miner [v0.22] - page 153. (Read 1153383 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1036
Please help me understand this:

Just started experimenting with samr7/oclvanityminer and have dedicated a 5850 to the task. According to the calculator, I'll earn a little over .11BTC per day with this card doing normal (non-vanity) mining.

It's currently hashing around 20.20 Mkey/s and working on this problem:

"1vanity" Reward: 0.079600 Value: 0.000323 BTC/MkeyHr.

So that's 0.000323 * 20.20 * 24 = 0.1565904 BTC, right? So I should be earning more than I would if I mined straight? But then they take 20 percent out first or does that figure already have the 20 percent taken out?

It also says 50% in 8.0h, I take that to mean there's a 50 percent chance it will find the solution in 8 hours. So approximately 100% (statistically) in 16 hours. Where is my math failing?
If I flip a coin once, it has a 50% chance of landing on heads. That doesn't mean that the second flip has a 100% chance of landing on heads. 50% chance in the first eight hours and a 50% chance in the second eight hours = 75% chance in 16 hours.

You earn nothing if you don't find the person a vanity address; you earn the reward just once if you do. The value calculation is just to help you decide if it's worth trying.

Does my Mkey/s look reasonable for that card?
That is a reasonable hashrate for your card. You can increase both the GPU core overclock and GPU RAM overclock to the maximum possible to extract the highest hashrate.
Activity: 481
Merit: 500
Please help me understand this:

Just started experimenting with samr7/oclvanityminer and have dedicated a 5850 to the task. According to the calculator, I'll earn a little over .11BTC per day with this card doing normal (non-vanity) mining.

It's currently hashing around 20.20 Mkey/s and working on this problem:

"1vanity" Reward: 0.079600 Value: 0.000323 BTC/MkeyHr.

So that's 0.000323 * 20.20 * 24 = 0.1565904 BTC, right? So I should be earning more than I would if I mined straight? But then they take 20 percent out first or does that figure already have the 20 percent taken out?

It also says 50% in 8.0h, I take that to mean there's a 50 percent chance it will find the solution in 8 hours. So approximately 100% (statistically) in 16 hours, that means the reward (0.796) for 16 hours average work?  So 24/16 * 0.0796 BTC = 0.1194 BTC which is not close to 0.1565904 BTC. Where is my math failing?

Does my Mkey/s look reasonable for that card?
Activity: 120
Merit: 100
What was your URL? It should be https://vanitypool.appspot.com/

Code:
Directory of C:\Users\...\vanitygen-0.22-win

10/22/2012  09:58 PM              .
10/22/2012  09:58 PM              ..
10/22/2012  09:58 PM           214,312 cacert.pem
10/22/2012  09:58 PM            36,553 calc_addrs.cl
10/22/2012  09:58 PM         1,188,864 oclvanitygen.exe
10/22/2012  09:58 PM         1,855,488 oclvanityminer.exe
10/22/2012  09:58 PM         2,514,944 oclvanityminer64.exe
10/22/2012  09:58 PM         1,160,192 vanitygen.exe
10/22/2012  09:58 PM         1,621,504 vanitygen64.exe
               7 File(s)      8,591,857 bytes

C:\Users\...\vanitygen-0.22-win>oclvanityminer -u https://vanitypool.appspot.com/ -a 1N#########################k
Get work request failed: SSL connect error

Been trying the same thing for an hour, any other suggestions? I'd really appreciate it.
Activity: 720
Merit: 525
I get a SSL connect error after I enter the Bounty pool URL and my address.
How can I solve this?

What was your URL? It should be https://vanitypool.appspot.com/
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1086
Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer
I can generate 1Love but I can not generate 1love. I guess that "l" (small L) is forbidden character. Why?

From the source:

Code:
//
// Why base-58 instead of standard base-64 encoding?
// - Don't want 0OIl characters that look the same in some fonts and
//      could be used to create visually identical looking account numbers.
// - A string with non-alphanumeric characters is not as easily accepted as an account number.
// - E-mail usually won't line-break if there's no punctuation to break at.
// - Doubleclicking selects the whole number as one word if it's all alphanumeric.
//
Activity: 120
Merit: 100
I get a SSL connect error after I enter the Bounty pool URL and my address.
How can I solve this?
I submitted a pull request to samr7/vanitygen containing two commits for oclvanityminer. The first changes the confusing and incorrectly stated work value as BTC/MKeyHr to simply BTC/MKey. The other commit adds a statement displaying the total value for the chosen group of work (pubkeybatch) after parsing the list of work and before starting to work on it:

Code:
"\nTotal value for current work: %f BTC/Mkey\n"

This gives the user an idea how much they are currently expected to earn. Since neither vanitypool nor the oclvanityminer client show this anywhere, the user has to guess or calculate it themselves.

I also wrote some scripts to calculate this, make some graphs, and make the data available to others in an API. You can find these at http://fizzisist.com/mining-value. I hope someone finds these useful.
Activity: 742
So I haven't had oclvanityminer lock up on me again.  It's been quitting properly with ctrl+c.

I noticed that if I run 2 instances of the miner on the same card, I get a higher total mkey/s.  I tried playing around with --threads to get the same effect, but that must not be what I thought.

Right now I have 3 instances of oclvanityminer running across 5 gpus and I get ~125 mkey/s instead of ~111.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029
I can generate 1Love but I can not generate 1love. I guess that "l" (small L) is forbidden character. Why?

Addresses can't contain "O", "0", "l" and "I". I'll let you guess why.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
Thank you!

So, no 0 (zero), O (big o), I (big i), and l (small L).
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata

Check it out https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Base58Check_encoding

Edit: Slush Fastfingers beat me to it  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

Address is in Base58Check encoding, there are some chars forbidden: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Base58Check_encoding
legendary
Activity: 916
Merit: 1003

It's Base 58
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
Activity: 742
So I just started running oclvanityminer on half my cards and already got a payout!  Very cool.

One problem though, when I try to ctrl+c the program, the process goes defunct and goes to 100% CPU.  Is there a better way to quit?
If anyone is interested I have written a very short Python module wrapper for the vanitygen difficulty calculation. It creates a Python callable function by linking with the vanitygen C source.

I can put it up on my github if there is interest. It's very short but does expose the difficulty calc routine so you can call it from Python and I use it on my Python vanitycoin.com server API as part of estimating the price for vanity requests.

I would love this. Just started trying to figure out how to calculate this, but I'd rather not reinvent the wheel...
I've now created a repo on github for this. I had to rewrite some today due to a hard disk crash last week but hopefully I didn't mess it up. I think it may actually be better this time around but it hasn't been tested as much as my older version.

https://github.com/bkkcoins/vanitycalc

Yes! Thank you! I tested this out on Debian and it works like a charm.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1009
firstbits:1MinerQ
If anyone is interested I have written a very short Python module wrapper for the vanitygen difficulty calculation. It creates a Python callable function by linking with the vanitygen C source.

I can put it up on my github if there is interest. It's very short but does expose the difficulty calc routine so you can call it from Python and I use it on my Python vanitycoin.com server API as part of estimating the price for vanity requests.

I would love this. Just started trying to figure out how to calculate this, but I'd rather not reinvent the wheel...
I've now created a repo on github for this. I had to rewrite some today due to a hard disk crash last week but hopefully I didn't mess it up. I think it may actually be better this time around but it hasn't been tested as much as my older version.

https://github.com/bkkcoins/vanitycalc
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
Looks like I spoke too soon, cuz I'm actually getting this this error on my 7970, with 12.8 drivers. I tried a few different flag options, but nothing really worked.
Well I only get 9Mkey/s instead of 30, but the -S option produces valid results.
Activity: 807
This one does not work for me - window opens and closes after like 5 seconds:

Code:
oclvanityminer.exe -u https://vanitypool.appspot.com/ -a mybtcaddressgoeshere

This one works, uses both CPU cores:

Code:
vanitygen.exe something

WinXP SP3, GPU ATi 4670, SDK 2.5, OpenCL 1.1

Any clue?
Try
Code:
oclvanitygen.exe something
to see if the problem has to do with opencl.
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
I just found this, and I must say, it's awesome! Getting ~30Mkey/s on my 7970 @ 1150/1485.

on 7970:
(seems it is finding matches, but disregarding due to mismatch?
Code:
CPU hash: 6707a76e848f5e9368c2d9d9ec6d60880df44891
GPU hash: 020b0bda39a9bbb2eeddd194a8be20934835dff6
Found delta: 94027 Start delta: 1

When you get the CPU hash/GPU hash mismatch, it means the OpenCL device is producing incorrect results.  I have not had a chance to test it on an AMD 7XXX series GCN card yet, but others have reported that it works.  Try running it with -V on that card for a little while and see what you get.  Since it's producing incorrect results, the performance numbers may or may not mean anything.

Looks like I spoke too soon, cuz I'm actually getting this this error on my 7970, with 12.8 drivers. I tried a few different flag options, but nothing really worked.
Jump to: