Pages:
Author

Topic: Vanitygen: Vanity bitcoin address generator/miner [v0.22] - page 43. (Read 1153383 times)

legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
I broke it Sad
I compiled the code from Private Key Restorer. I used a different user account, so it won't interfere for sure. But before that, I did apt-get install libssl-dev.
It installed something, I didn't look at the details. Later I realized I must have had libssl-dev already, so it may have messed up some dependencies or updated something.
Now I get this:
Code:
$ ./vanitygen 1test
Difficulty: (null)
Segmentation fault
Oclvanitygen segfaults too. make clean && make doens't fix it. I know it was a really hard to get oclvanitygen to work, but vanitygen always worked out of the box.
I appreciate any suggestions where to start looking.
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 3282
is it possible to get an entire address vanity and not just first few letters ?
Possible, yes. Practical, no. Instead of fully bruteforcing a vanity address, why not bruteforce a known address with thousands or hundreds on bitcoins? Anyway, even if you had a list of 10 billion fully vanity addresses you wanted, and were fine with either one, the chance would be 10,000,000,000/2^160 to find one of them, or 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000684%. There are roughly 2^160 address available.

Someone has generated an address that is all uppercase though, if that counts.
Activity: 127
Merit: 100
🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟
is it possible to get an entire address vanity and not just first few letters ?
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1037
฿ → ∞
So you just have to find somebody who can modificate your client or the oclvanitygen... Am I right? Smiley

Just the oclvanitygen. The Go-generator is probably already 90% of what can be done with it (I guess).
"My client" is the Perl stuff that holds all this together and there are no (not yet) time critical pieces of code in there.

Very probably the hash check (hash/map/asociative array of funds) would also have to be moved in the GPU as the CPU wouldn't catch up checking the generated hash160s.

Maybe similar to brainflayer with bloom filters, and only in case of a hit, the CPU would check it. If the rate of false positives would be low enough, the CPU should have no problems catching up.

From what I read in the vanitygen/oclvanitygen docs, it seems the code is already 99% there, maybe even 99,5% as it does the checking and also does sequential PK increments for speed. I would only need a means to be able to steer the offset where these sequential PK increments start from.

Rico
legendary
฿ → ∞
I'm not a programmer, nore do I profess to understanding what modifications are being asked, so with that in mind I'm wondering:  How will this benefit us?  Will we all be able to use this modified program?

I have no plans to withhold the resulting code from the community. (Although then I'd expect the modifications to be done "cheaper".

Basically it's for the collision project and promises speedups of thoretically a factor of 100 - 150.
So everything you see done at http://lbc.cryptoguru.org:5000/stats could theoretically be done within 12 hours on the GPU in my notebook.
Right now it's the effort of 1 month from around 25 CPU cores. There was a speedup by a factor of 3 recently, but still...

Rico
legendary
Activity: 1140
Merit: 1000
The Real Jude Austin
If you help Rico666 I will pitch in also.

I'm not a programmer, nore do I profess to understanding what modifications are being asked, so with that in mind I'm wondering:  How will this benefit us?  Will we all be able to use this modified program?

If you want to search for 2.9 million addresses with balances really quickly then, yes, it may be of use to you.

But it's not really about that, it's about finding a collision in the massive key space.

legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 2219
💲🏎️💨🚓

legendary
Activity: 1140
Merit: 1000
The Real Jude Austin

legendary
฿ → ∞
I need someone who can make custom changes to vanitygen and oclvanitygen.

I would like to use them in the Collision Finders pool project instead of the address generator that is in use now (some compiled Go program).

This is still on. However, the requirement has slightly changed (and is - I believe - easier now)

Objectives:

1)

I'd need to get the output of the "gen-gocpu-xxx" executable we have now, where "gen-gocpu-linux64 X" will spill out 220 x2 hash160 values (x2, because both in uncompressed and compressed ecs form) like that:

Code:
> gen-gocpu-xxx 0

[20 bytes uncompressed for pk 1][20 bytes compressed for pk 1][20 bytes uncompressed for pk 2][20 bytes compressed for pk2]

There are no newlines etc., so you get a clean 40MiB of data blob.
Just fetch http://62.146.128.45/download/LBC-client/gen-gocpu-linux64 for comparison.
The blob of page 0 is here: http://62.146.128.45/download/LBC-client/0.btc

2)

I need to know if vanitygen is using a slower/faster SHA256 code than http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/intelligent-systems/intel-technology/sha-256-implementations-paper.html and in case it uses a slower one, integrate use of the intel-specific implementations.

Of course, I'm willing to pay for both objectives - 1) is prerequisite for 2) - with my precious Bitcoins. PM me, if you are capable of and interested in the job.

Rico
legendary
https://walletgenerator.net/ is public script on github or etc?
Read the bottom of the webpage. You will find the github link here.

Why would you ask about this here, in the vanitygen thread? Vanitygen is a completely different program with mostly different uses.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1334
just in case
https://walletgenerator.net/ is public script on github or etc?
staff
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6793
Just writing some code
Mycelium also.
Actually Mycelium does. You need to go into "Advanced" for importing in order to import a single private key.
I will try now.
I have found one interesting service walletgenerator.net
You can download it from git repository and use at your local machine.
I have try this by a few PrivKeys but unfortunately it doesn't work for addresses starting by 3:
Code:
Address: 34You7zZJaFvWqXY2Ww1wedHGMgyCtZo7F
Privkey: 5Tbx69uQKZ1mbdhudCupNchSG4smFaMpVecW1E3TfmtjrL3gg1C
And I don't understand why. Maybe the same reason why Mycelium doesn't work with it also.
Addresses that start with 3 are not "normal" addresses. These are p2sh addresses, they are based off of a script. They don't have an associated public key, they are based off of a script which is hashed and becomes the address. You can't really generate vanity p2sh addresses.
Activity: 253
Merit: 250
Mycelium also.
Actually Mycelium does. You need to go into "Advanced" for importing in order to import a single private key.
I will try now.
I have found one interesting service walletgenerator.net
You can download it from git repository and use at your local machine.
I have try this by a few PrivKeys but unfortunately it doesn't work for addresses starting by 3:
Code:
Address: 34You7zZJaFvWqXY2Ww1wedHGMgyCtZo7F
Privkey: 5Tbx69uQKZ1mbdhudCupNchSG4smFaMpVecW1E3TfmtjrL3gg1C
And I don't understand why. Maybe the same reason why Mycelium doesn't work with it also.
staff
Just writing some code
Mycelium also.
So it is enough just to create another wallet and import generated private key - isn't it ?
Yes. Electrum works fine with importing your own private keys if you decide to do it when you open the wallet.

Unfortunately Electrum Android version is not.

Mycelium also.
legendary
So it is enough just to create another wallet and import generated private key - isn't it ?
Yes. Electrum works fine with importing your own private keys if you decide to do it when you open the wallet.
.m.
Activity: 280
Merit: 260
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
No they don't. Mycelium needs masterseed. And Electrum needs walletpassphrase.
When you first start Electrum, it gives you the option: you can use either walletpassphrase or import your own private keys. Unfortunately, you can't use both.
My guess it they try to protect people against stupidity user error. This way, a user can't think the walletpassphrase is enough to backup the imported private keys.
It's also the main reason I don't use Electrum, I want a wallet that imports keys and handles new addresses by itself too.

If the wallet doesn't allow the WIF private key to be imported, no other format is going to do it.
Is the way to convert a PrivKey to the format supported by thin client Electrum or Mycelium?
It already is in the supported format. It is in WIF, which is supported by nearly every single Bitcoin wallet.
No they don't. Mycelium needs masterseed. And Electrum needs walletpassphrase.
staff
Just writing some code

Code:
oclvanitygen -D 0:2 1Boat

You should get something like this:

Code:
Difficulty: 4476342
Compiling kernel, can take minutes...done!
Pattern: 1Boat
Address: 1BoatZkAneV9PsCp6LKenR3rxQXs6mQoiy
Privkey: 5K7aGsmQvymQx12WRQhZ6VZ3EdeLgwJjGANMHmLd92yNwSnsj6F
-snip-

Is the way to convert a PrivKey to the format supported by thin client Electrum or Mycelium?
It already is in the supported format. It is in WIF, which is supported by nearly every single Bitcoin wallet.
Pages:
Jump to: