Pages:
Author

Topic: Vanitygen: Vanity bitcoin address generator/miner [v0.22] - page 45. (Read 1153383 times)

legendary
Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122
I'm looking into a new laptop and I'm wondering if anyone has some advice on GPUs. Does anyone know if a NVIDIA Tegra K1 will work on oclvanitygen? I like the idea of a chromebook bit I probably wouldn't stick with the chrome OS.
legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 1012
Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive
So my list is working now, for some reason it wasn't at first, but no matter.  Follow up question to the list...Can I specify if I want to search for case sensitive and insensitive per address?  Or is it all or nothing?
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
If you are having issues opening vanitygen, try running it from a command prompt
legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 2219
💲🏎️💨🚓
I've been trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong with my GPU... it's an AMD A6-3420M Radeon(tm) HD Graphics. When I try and do -D 0:0 and/or -D 0:1 it say 'could not open device '0:0', ignoring. It shows my GPU as '1:' so I'm assuming I need to use the command 1:1, right?

I've seen a couple of people who've had to use 1:0 2:0 3:0 to describe their graphics cards.

Your 0:0 might be your CPU, you can squeeze a few extra hashes out of it, but the system slows right down.

I didn't seem to be able to figure out how to use the GPU at all in oclvanitygen. I did -v -D 0:0 -D 0:1 1test, -v -D 0:0 -D 1:0 1test, and a few other variations but they don't work for me. I've found some guides but I really can't figure out what I'm doi wrong. Ikv used my CPU with vanitygen64 with no issues so assumed using the GPU would be basically the same!

Start simple

Code:
oclvanitygen 1Boat

You should get this: (and by this I mean something similar)

Code:
Difficulty: 4476342
Available OpenCL platforms:
0: [Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.] AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing
  0: [Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.] Tahiti
  1: [Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.] Tahiti
  2: [AuthenticAMD] AMD A4-3300 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics

Choosing just the last one I then get

Code:
oclvanitygen -D 0:2 1Boat

You should get something like this:

Code:
Compiling kernel, can take minutes...done!
Pattern: 1Boat
Address: 1BoatZkAneV9PsCp6LKenR3rxQXs6mQoiy
Privkey: 5K7aGsmQvymQx12WRQhZ6VZ3EdeLgwJjGANMHmLd92yNwSnsj6F

Try the other ones your system lists (note, I have two graphics cards, your config may / will look slightly different)

Code:
oclvanitygen -D 0:1 1Boat

Code:
oclvanitygen -D 0:0 1Boat

If you start getting

Code:
Match idx: 1
CPU hash: c4e7297e0146329aeb8995bf723373cdfbe555dd
GPU hash: 7680ace6e2d3a96d325ca56ebe2703c930424bca
Found delta: 2237430 Start delta: 1
[275.42 Kkey/s][total 8388608][Prob 84.6%][90% in 7.0s]

Then try using the "LifeBoat" variant by Og Nasty (use the search engine above)  Once you work out which cards do what, you will end up with a command like this:

Code:
oclvanitygen -f work.txt -o dump.txt -D n:n

and using a text editor such as notepad (not MS Word or Libre Open Office as they add weird stuff into their text files)

Code:
1search
1for
1aLL
1these
1words

Remembering that letters such as "i", "o" and "L" and case sensitive always.

And after all that, you can step up to oclvanitygen64.exe if your system can do so.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912
How to check for multiple patterns?
I have few patterns that I want and it will be more fast instead of generating one by one...
Thanks Smiley

With a name like forumaster, one would think you could use the search function of the forum.  Perhaps you are master of a different type of forum?

Use the -f option

-f filename

the file should contain one entry per line
you should also output the results to a file when you do this

-o filename

note that this should be a different filename the the input filename

Ahaha, it's only a nickname, in this forum I'm still a newbie and I can't merge forum and newbie for a good nickname xD
Anyway thanks, I will try this

Not exactly sure what I am doing wrong, but when using a notepad file as my list for the -f option, it only finds addresses with the first entry in the notepad file.

Well the easiest addresses will generally be found first and if you use the -i option it will continue looking for all addresses in your list.    Can you post a snippet of your list from the beginning?
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1042
I've been trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong with my GPU... it's an AMD A6-3420M Radeon(tm) HD Graphics. When I try and do -D 0:0 and/or -D 0:1 it say 'could not open device '0:0', ignoring. It shows my GPU as '1:' so I'm assuming I need to use the command 1:1, right?

I've seen a couple of people who've had to use 1:0 2:0 3:0 to describe their graphics cards.

Your 0:0 might be your CPU, you can squeeze a few extra hashes out of it, but the system slows right down.

I didn't seem to be able to figure out how to use the GPU at all in oclvanitygen. I did -v -D 0:0 -D 0:1 1test, -v -D 0:0 -D 1:0 1test, and a few other variations but they don't work for me. I've found some guides but I really can't figure out what I'm doi wrong. Ikv used my CPU with vanitygen64 with no issues so assumed using the GPU would be basically the same!
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1042
So when I find an address and it shows the public key and private key in the command prompt, is there a way I can copy and paste the two keys into a notepad file so I dont have to write each character out?

Within Vanitygen right click -> select all + Enter. Go to your document you want it in and paste it. That's how I do it! Ctrl+c won't work by the way Cheesy

legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
Not exactly sure what I am doing wrong, but when using a notepad file as my list for the -f option, it only finds addresses with the first entry in the notepad file.
It works fine for me, with each entry on a new line, with a 1 in front. Example:
Code:
1search
1for
1aLL
1these
1words
I haven't used notepad though, if this still doesn't work it can be related to line breaks. I remember these problems from years ago (and can barely imagine it's still a problem). If this is the problem, try Wordpad.
legendary
I have few patterns that I want and it will be more fast instead of generating one by one...
Thanks Smiley

With a name like forumaster, one would think you could use the search function of the forum.  Perhaps you are master of a different type of forum?

Use the -f option

-f filename

-o filename

Ahaha, it's only a nickname, in this forum I'm still a newbie and I can't merge forum and newbie for a good nickname xD

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Thanks Smiley

Use the -f option

-f filename

-o filename

legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912
Thanks Smiley

With a name like forumaster, one would think you could use the search function of the forum.  Perhaps you are master of a different type of forum?

Use the -f option

-f filename

-o filename

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Thanks Smiley
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
So when I find an address and it shows the public key and private key in the command prompt, is there a way I can copy and paste the two keys into a notepad file so I dont have to write each character out?

If you are using Windows, look here. If you are using Linux and, say, xterm as a terminal emulator, just select the text and then paste it clicking the middle button of the mouse where you need it...

As you can see, Linux beats Windows hands down even in the simplest of operations

You can also use the command

Code:
vanitygen -o dump.txt 1Boat

where the -o is the output and dump.txt (or what ever) is where the code is written to in the same directory.
legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

If you are using Windows, look here. If you are using Linux and, say, xterm as a terminal emulator, just select the text and then paste it clicking the middle button of the mouse where you need it...

As you can see, Linux beats Windows hands down even in the simplest of operations
legendary
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
I lost my wallet dat but I still remember my bitcoin Address, can I recover it using vanity?

Help please.
You can't. If that would be possible, anybody could "recover" any Bitcoin address.
You may be able to recover your wallet.dat file, depending on how you lost it and how much you're willing to try (or pay).
legendary
Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122
I have been reading bits and pieces of this thread but not all so forgive me if I ask a question asked before but.... is there a way to run oclvanitygen across multiple cards, like as an ETH miner would / old setup?

C:\>oclvanitygen.exe -D 0:0 -D 0:1 -D 0:2 -D 0:3 -D 0:4 -D 0:5 1prefix

That's for 6 cards

Much appreciated, thanking you kindly  Grin

Can GPU's only be used for the oclvanitygen?  I can't figure out how to turn my GPU's on for vanitygen64.exe?

Vanitygen64 is for CPU, oclvanitygen is for GPU (if I understand correctly  Tongue but I only have an Intel GPU which can't be used for on reason or another so I haven't personally tested it).
legendary
I have been reading bits and pieces of this thread but not all so forgive me if I ask a question asked before but.... is there a way to run oclvanitygen across multiple cards, like as an ETH miner would / old setup?

C:\>oclvanitygen.exe -D 0:0 -D 0:1 -D 0:2 -D 0:3 -D 0:4 -D 0:5 1prefix

That's for 6 cards

Much appreciated, thanking you kindly  Grin

Can GPU's only be used for the oclvanitygen?  I can't figure out how to turn my GPU's on for vanitygen64.exe?
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
I lost my wallet dat but I still remember my bitcoin Address, can I recover it using vanity?

Help please.

What was your Wallet Address?
Pages:
Jump to: