Pages:
Author

Topic: Vanitygen: Vanity bitcoin address generator/miner [v0.22] - page 51. (Read 1153383 times)

legendary
Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122
If you generate addresses for yourself you dont need to use split key vanit.

Anyway, here is the command to create 1test1 to 1test9 (cant do 10 because there is no 0 in base 58).

Yes I know I don't need to use split key, but I don't trust the system I'm on so I just generate the original addresses on an Ubuntu Live USB to be extra secure.

I actually didn't even think that I couldn't do 10... or any multiple of 10. Hmmm. I'll have to figure that out. Maybe I'll just use characters after 1-9. That way I don't have to add an extra letter to save some time anyways  Tongue

I'm going to do a little test and see how this works. BRB AFK! Lol.
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1528
No I dont escrow anymore.
I need to make a series of 5 letter vanity addresses. In order to do so I think there's a command and I do something with bracket (Yes. I definitely completely understand what I'm doing /s).

Question: Can I use the same HEX public key '04AC6402...' if I'm doing split key vanity gen to create a series of vanity addresses?

So what I mean is my public key is '04AC6402...' can I use that to create multiple addresses, all at the same time?

Yes.

1test1
1test2
1test3

Let me know if you understand what I'm asking and if it makes sense. Basically I'm trying to save some time rather than generating 100 addresses on an Ubuntu Live USB then going to Vanitygen and 1 by 1 find the part private key.

If you generate addresses for yourself you dont need to use split key vanity.

Anyway, here is the command to create 1test1 to 1test9 (cant do 10 because there is no 0 in base 58).

Code:
./vanitygen 1test1 1test2 1test3 1test4 1test5 1test6 1test7 1test8 1test9

You can also create a file with all the prefixes, e.g. "my_prefixes.txt"

Code:
./vanitygen -f my_prefixes.txt
Next match difficulty: 1702005001 (9 prefixes)

If you only want a single address from any of the possible prefixes use the -1 flag, e.g.

Code:
./vanitygen -1 -f my_prefixes.txt

Edit: I just got the part you said about brackets and I think you are refering to regular expressions. Its possible to use them (flag is -r, but they will slow you down.

Code:
$ ./vanitygen -1 -f my_prefixes.txt
[419.17 Kkey/s][total 4964864][Prob 0.3%][50% in 46.7min]
$ ./vanitygen -1 -r 1test[1-9]
[151.59 Kkey/s][total 582912]
legendary
Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122
I need to make a series of 5 letter vanity addresses. In order to do so I think there's a command and I do something with bracket (Yes. I definitely completely understand what I'm doing /s).

Question: Can I use the same HEX public key '04AC6402...' if I'm doing split key vanity gen to create a series of vanity addresses?

So what I mean is my public key is '04AC6402...' can I use that to create multiple addresses, all at the same time?

1test1
1test2
1test3

Let me know if you understand what I'm asking and if it makes sense. Basically I'm trying to save some time rather than generating 100 addresses on an Ubuntu Live USB then going to Vanitygen and 1 by 1 find the part private key.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
thanks samr7, got my 1PizzaYSVynFNubFexqwrTXvDp8NJSJiap address in few minutes! I love it! Grin Grin Grin Grin
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1528
No I dont escrow anymore.
-snip-
With the exception of brainwallets, generating a random address and checking the totalReceived or balance the odds are not favorable, at all.

So why do I do it? For fun, duh. And I am a persistent fuck, lol.

Just out of curiosity, is that still the java I hacked together for you?
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912

Vanitygen simply does a brute force on random P2PKH addresses and checks them for your desired prefix.  An implementation that brute forces random multisig P2SH addresses could accomplish the same task but it would be considerably slower.  I think you could still use 2 of 3 (or any number really).  Anybody want to take this on? Wink

It would be possible, but you would end up having to brute force 3 keys instead of 1, which multiplies the possible search space by 6. Since it would also be a script, the script could also just have a nonce, and then you could also keep incrementing the nonce until the address is something you like.

I like your idea for the nonce.  That would speed up the process rather than having to create new addresses each time.
I'm pretty rusty with my programming skills but I'm going to have a look at vanitygen and see how difficult this would be.

staff
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6793
Just writing some code

Vanitygen simply does a brute force on random P2PKH addresses and checks them for your desired prefix.  An implementation that brute forces random multisig P2SH addresses could accomplish the same task but it would be considerably slower.  I think you could still use 2 of 3 (or any number really).  Anybody want to take this on? Wink

It would be possible, but you would end up having to brute force 3 keys instead of 1, which multiplies the possible search space by 6. Since it would also be a script, the script could also just have a nonce, and then you could also keep incrementing the nonce until the address is something you like.
legendary
Does it mean that vanitygen can generate addresses starting with 3, i.e. multisig addresses (which would seemingly break the concept of such an address)? If it can't, there is only one way that it can have anything to do with such addresses...

That it just has nothing to do with them

You can generate a Wallet Address starting (seemingly) with any letter of the Alphabet or Numeral.

http://cryptolife.net/upwg/

ONLY "1's" and "3's" can be used with BitCoin Wallets (glossing over the test mode version of BitCoin for the moment).

I've just rolled a Wallet Address 3fredGdggEbacP41PRkniuBwYV2DqSUkCv which has the right looking private key, so I might try installing it a little later on - If anyone wants to try sending it some dust, I won't object Wink

Code:
oclvanitygen64 -X 6 -D 0:0 -D 0:1 -o dump.txt 3fred
Difficulty: 4553521
Pattern: 3fred
Address: 3fredGdggEbacP41PRkniuBwYV2DqSUkCv
The only way that you should be able to generate a vanity p2sh address would be to make 1 of 1 multsig addresses. T

legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
Well...

Code:
3fredGdggEbacP41PRkniuBwYV2DqSUkCv
3Sisterv9DEgk7NZg33SzUjj6KWYJoQbiN
3XXXX4KvvJRH4wpwBDgbnvUcqRLg9yGxVQ
31KmSdZ9KNs3gc3abjUw8GxJEyfTMi5zts
3EEEKFoB93MJzYbqgt6bUz6khneWbA1HWE
3xxxxmDK8228yqdTCZsAKP3bupPyxneNkY

All Vanity generated, all have private keys, couldn't import any of them...

What does that mean? That the addresses (private keys) are not valid?

They're not valid bitcoin addresses because they were generated as Pay-to-Pub-Key-Hash addresses with a 3 prefix rather than a 1

So what's the conclusion? Vanitygen can't be used to generate multisig addresses, right? Then how are these addresses generated? I mean, before all, how the concept of multisig private keys is honored during key generation?

Or someone should necessarily hold all the keys to such an address initially (say, an exchange owner)?
staff
Just writing some code
Does it mean that vanitygen can generate addresses starting with 3, i.e. multisig addresses (which would seemingly break the concept of such an address)? If it can't, there is only one way that it can have anything to do with such addresses...

You can generate a Wallet Address starting (seemingly) with any letter of the Alphabet or Numeral.

ONLY "1's" and "3's" can be used with BitCoin Wallets (glossing over the test mode version of BitCoin for the moment).

I've just rolled a Wallet Address 3fredGdggEbacP41PRkniuBwYV2DqSUkCv which has the right looking private key, so I might try installing it a little later on - If anyone wants to try sending it some dust, I won't object Wink

Code:
The only way that you should be able to generate a vanity p2sh address would be to make 1 of 1 multsig addresses. T
legendary
Well...

Code:

They're not valid bitcoin addresses because they were generated as Pay-to-Pub-Key-Hash addresses with a 3 prefix rather than a 1
legendary
Well...

Code:

legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 2219
💲🏎️💨🚓
Well...

Code:

legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 2219
💲🏎️💨🚓

Code:
legendary
Yeah... in general, most of the 3's are from web wallets, where you don't own the private keys... places like Xapo, Coinbase etc...  and the 1's are your typical one private key per address type wallets from your desktop/mobile/brain/paper wallets etc...

Having said that, some web wallets (like old blockchain.info) where you had the private keys were 1's... and some of the nonweb wallets that support multisig will generate 3's... so you can't really say 100% what sort of wallet generated any particular address...

The 1 and 3 certainly has nothing to do with vanity or not.

HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4318
Yeah... in general, most of the 3's are from web wallets, where you don't own the private keys... places like Xapo, Coinbase etc...  and the 1's are your typical one private key per address type wallets from your desktop/mobile/brain/paper wallets etc...

Having said that, some web wallets (like old blockchain.info) where you had the private keys were 1's... and some of the nonweb wallets that support multisig will generate 3's... so you can't really say 100% what sort of wallet generated any particular address...

The 1 and 3 certainly has nothing to do with vanity or not.
staff
Just writing some code
LOL you know its funny, I've looked at so many BTC addresses before,
and I don't think I ever realized they all started with "1"!

Not all of them start with 1. For example, CoinsBank Bitcoin addresses start with 3. As I got it, only addies generated with vanitygen start with 1
Bitcoin addresses either start with 1 or 3, doesn't matter who generates them. The addresses that start with 3 are p2sh addresses (aka multisig addresses). The addresses that start with 1 are normal one key addresses. There are produced by all wallets.
legendary

Not all of them start with 1. For example, CoinsBank Bitcoin addresses start with 3. As I got it, only addies generated with vanitygen start with 1

Not only vanity addresses. The most common Bitcoin address is the P2PKH (Pay-to-Pub-Key-Hash) begins with 1.
The addresses beginning with 3 are a special multi-signature format created from 3 or more private keys called P2SH (Pay-to-Script-Hash)
Conceivably, one could create multi-sig vanity addresses but I don't know of any available software.
legendary

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

I appreciate the link about the leading symbols.
It makes sense to have a character that designates they type of info we are looking at now that I think about it.
Pages:
Jump to: