Pages:
Author

Topic: Vanitygen: Vanity bitcoin address generator/miner [v0.22] - page 54. (Read 1153383 times)

legendary
Activity: 1140
Merit: 1000
The Real Jude Austin
Yeah, I've been searching for a collision for like 3 years now, not a single one.

legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
I want to run vanitygen and if address balance is not zero vanity tell me what may i do ?

Not that you will ever have the opportunity but in the extremely unlikely case that this happens, only your conscience can tell you what to do.
It's much more likely to just guess Bill Gates' creditcard number, that's only 16 digits, and only numbers. Strangely nobody worries about that, but when it comes to bitcoin, all of a sudden guessing 70 characters seems like a possibility.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912
I want to run vanitygen and if address balance is not zero vanity tell me what may i do ?

Not that you will ever have the opportunity but in the extremely unlikely case that this happens, only your conscience can tell you what to do.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002
when you run vanitygen it will create a new pair of keys ... so this kind of  problem should'nt never happend  Cool
Activity: 338
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014
So is there any way to do this work without having a graphic card??
Well maybe there is, but it would be so slow that its not worth it. Currently there are many cheap graphic cards that could do the job for you.
If you will not "mine vanity addresses", you could switch later to mining with graphic card some alt coins. So depends on you how you want aproach it.
legendary
Just have a question. I don't have any graphic card installed and i want to do mining work on bounty pool but it gives me error OpenCl.dll missing which I guess is because I don't have any graphic card. So is there any way to do this work without having a graphic card??
You must have an onboard graphics card, right? My laptop has an onboard GeForce, so it can even be quite acceptable for vanity searching.
It's too slow though to be profitable for the mining pool, and if you're running CPU only, I doubt it will be worth your time and electricity.
legendary
Activity: 3094
Merit: 1469
Just have a question. I don't have any graphic card installed and i want to do mining work on bounty pool but it gives me error OpenCl.dll missing which I guess is because I don't have any graphic card. So is there any way to do this work without having a graphic card??
legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 2219
💲🏎️💨🚓
Came across this in my wanderings earlier today:

compiling vanitygen https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/compiling-vanitygen-1487382
legendary
A chance to find something simply isn't lineair, as it will never reach 100% chance.
Agree, i love vanity addresses so i studied on my own a lot. Because of that, i know you can restart your generation process how many times u want, and still have same chance to find address.
WARNING! DO NOT use the site advertised by the Red Trust user above!
Too bad red trust doesn't show up on this topic, so scammers can happily advertise their scam in this topic.

bitcoin stolen from the address generated by bitcionvanitygen.com
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014
A chance to find something simply isn't lineair, as it will never reach 100% chance.
Agree, i love vanity addresses so i studied on my own a lot. Because of that, i know you can restart your generation process how many times u want, and still have same chance to find address.
legendary
I suppose there's no point asking why it doesn't just make it a little more linear instead of exponential?
The chance always stays the same: if it's 500 hours for 50% chance, it's exactly the same chance after you've run it after a week. That's why you can just as well restart the the search at any moment.
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
Exactly. The "percentage left" is cut in half every x minutes, where x is the time it shows you for 50% when you start it.

This isn't making sence.

Are you saying IF a job were to take Five hundred hours to reach 50% it would take a further

• Five Hundred hours to reach 75%
  • Two Hundred and Fifty hours to reach 75%
  • D - Three Apples

If the answer is a further Five Hundred hours to reach 75%, (and half of 25 = 12.5% therefore 75% + 12.5% = 87.5%), would it be about (I said about people) a further two hundred hours to reach the next bench mark 80%? (not withstanding the 87.5% half of half of half of 100%)?
500 hours for 50% chance
500 more hours for 75% chance (1000 hours total)
500 more hours for 87.5% chance (1500 hours total)
etc.

As Missy says to me all the time...

Bonkers!

I suppose there's no point asking why it doesn't just make it a little more linear instead of exponential?
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
I have been quite lucky, I found x8 that I searched for did take like 3 days to get them all but persistence pay's off!
legendary
Exactly. The "percentage left" is cut in half every x minutes, where x is the time it shows you for 50% when you start it.

This isn't making sence.

Are you saying IF a job were to take Five hundred hours to reach 50% it would take a further

• D - Three Apples

If the answer is a further Five Hundred hours to reach 75%, (and half of 25 = 12.5% therefore 75% + 12.5% = 87.5%), would it be about (I said about people) a further two hundred hours to reach the next bench mark 80%? (not withstanding the 87.5% half of half of half of 100%)?
500 hours for 50% chance
500 more hours for 75% chance (1000 hours total)
500 more hours for 87.5% chance (1500 hours total)
etc.
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
I've spent the last three hours being badgered by somebody because KeyBase.Io won't read my message to them... (not to mention the previous 24 hours) ... and it's nearly midnight...

This isn't making sence.

• D - Three Apples

legendary
It is Smiley But the other way around: 100-50=50%, and that takes half the time of 100-25-75%.

= zero!

Archived for future reference http://archive.is/MXUon
Lol, why would you archive my typo? I fixed it now, I just hit the wrong button.

A few (!) pages back I mentioned the discrepancies with the time estimation for 50% 75% etc

This is from my system right now:

Searching for pattern: "1EXAmoney" Reward: 0.008000 Value: 0.000001 BTC/MkeyHr
Difficulty: 50656515217834
[38.97 Mkey/s][total 33002830692352][Prob 47.9%][50% in 15.0h]

using OclVanityMiner64.exe - to my way of thinking, half of 50 should be 25...

Similarly, this is where I'm at now...

[42.58 Mkey/s][total 40233450078208][Prob 54.8%][75% in 8.2d]

(again, I would have imagined at 40/50 I'd be 80% done - No?)

The percentage is not based on a linear algorithm.

The key's that you are processing are generated based on randomness.
So the progress indicator is following some statistical algorithms that involve normal distribution, 'bell-curves', probability etc.

In short; this indicator shows the chance that you would have found a hit by now.
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓

So the progress indicator is following some statistical algorithms that involve normal distribution, 'bell-curves', probability etc.

In short; this indicator shows the chance that you would have found a hit by now.

Is the Difficulty: 50656515217834 a ball park figure?

I've had instances in the past where my searches (for my own Private Keys) have gone beyond 100% which I mentioned here and got tut-tutted that it wouldn't happen...

I also rarely find anything until I'm in the 90% to 100% bracket which is most irritating...

...and no, when I say for my own private keys, I'm not talking about putting a part public key of my own in and searching based on that...
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912
So if I got this right:
If person A wants me to search for a vanity address for him, but I would also like to search for vanity addresses for n other people simultaneously, the result that I find, with which person A can generate his desired vanity address, is only usable to person A if he has a certain piece of information from all these n other people?

I don't think you have it right.  Where did you read this?
Activity: 89
Merit: 11
A few (!) pages back I mentioned the discrepancies with the time estimation for 50% 75% etc

This is from my system right now:

[38.97 Mkey/s][total 33002830692352][Prob 47.9%][50% in 15.0h]

using OclVanityMiner64.exe - to my way of thinking, half of 50 should be 25...

Similarly, this is where I'm at now...

[42.58 Mkey/s][total 40233450078208][Prob 54.8%][75% in 8.2d]

(again, I would have imagined at 40/50 I'd be 80% done - No?)

Pages:
Jump to: