Pages:
Author

Topic: Vanitygen: Vanity bitcoin address generator/miner [v0.22] - page 52. (Read 1153383 times)

legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912
Maybe this has been answered before, but do all the vanity addresses start with "1"?
(All the examples I've seen posted start this way, and I'm wondering if there is a reason for this.)

Yes they all start with one.  Read this as it's too dicfficult to paste a table.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Maybe this has been answered before, but do all the vanity addresses start with "1"?
(All the examples I've seen posted start this way, and I'm wondering if there is a reason for this.)
legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
Is it possible to run vanitygen across a few boxes (in a "cluster mode") to speed up address generation?
It's a lot like mining: if you double your processing power, you'll find twice as many blocks/addresses.
Vanitygen searches at random, so if you were to start it on 10 different computers, they all search different addresses.
You can look at it as trying to roll a 6 on a dice. If you throw 2 dice at once, chances you hit it go up! If you throw 20 dice, it becomes very likely to hit it very fast.

I got your point, though I didn't mean that. It seems valid but I'm still not sure if simply running many instances of vanitygen in search of a random address is not worse (time wise) than running only one instance in search of just one address with a given prefix (in both cases) using that much processing power. Indeed, the program itself may be built in such a way that it won't make any difference, but can it still be made different if programmed specifically for massively-parallel execution?

I'm not very versed in Bitcoin technology internals, so I pretty much don't know and don't claim anything (just in case)
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
BlockChainBroker - The Real Estate Exchange
maybe i will try this. what is the minimum gpu requirements to use this application.?
i want to find my own prefix for my vanity address.. is it too much power consumption?
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
Is it possible to run vanitygen across a few boxes (in a "cluster mode") to speed up address generation?
It's a lot like mining: if you double your processing power, you'll find twice as many blocks/addresses.
Vanitygen searches at random, so if you were to start it on 10 different computers, they all search different addresses.
You can look at it as trying to roll a 6 on a dice. If you throw 2 dice at once, chances you hit it go up! If you throw 20 dice, it becomes very likely to hit it very fast.
legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
Is it possible to run vanitygen across a few boxes (in a "cluster mode") to speed up address generation? I remember there were projects (patches to Linux kernel) aiming at building a cluster from a bunch of regular PCs (e.g. MOSIX and OpenMOSIX)...

Could they help make vanitygen run faster?
Activity: 994
Merit: 500
I have 20 HD5850-HD7950, how can I merge in the pool, quickly find a beautiful bitcoin address

I would run my .bat with something along the lines of

Code:
oclvanityminer.exe -u https://vanitypool.appspot.com/ -a yourBitcoinAddressForPaymentGoesHere
pause

*put in your information of course or else you get an error

This should get you a list of you devices.

Then you need to determine what devices you would like to use and set up your .bat

Code:
oclvanityminer.exe -u https://vanitypool.appspot.com/ -a yourBitcoinAddressForPaymentGoesHere -D 1:0 -D 2:0 -D 3:0
pause

*your device string may be different, but you should see what im talking about.
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4318
I have 20 HD5850-HD7950, how can I merge in the pool, quickly find a beautiful bitcoin address
By reading the instructions for oclvanityminer in the OP of this thread and at the vanitypool website FAQ... It is pretty straightforward. oclvanityminer is just a commandline app, and has options that allow you to run multiple threads across multiple devices etc... The most basic being:

Code:
oclvanityminer -u https://vanitypool.appspot.com/ -a yourBitcoinAddressForPaymentGoesHere

It will connect to vanitypool, select the "best" bounty from those available and start working on it. AFAIK, you cannot select a specific task to work on from the pool.

Whether it is currently worth it is a different question. The bounties currently on offer are fairly low for the amount of work required. Most of them are 8+ char patterns with ridiculous difficulty with estimated times measured in years... although, with 20 GPUs at your disposal, you might do better Wink
legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 2219
💲🏎️💨🚓

It will take 3.1 years to reach 50% of the required work.

However, if you are lucky, it can take a shorter time, if you are unlucky, it can take 6.2 years.

There are discussions within this thread about the "luck" factor.  Feel free to ask questions.
Isn't the required work not linear? I remember reading that if it take 3.1 years to reach 50%, it would take an extra 3.1 years to reach 75%.

Which is why I did *not* say that maximum length of time would be ... years.

I'd like to think if you got to 75% after 6.2 years you were a tad on the unlucky side.
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 3282
Does anyone know if the vanity pool website is still operational and paying for solving various work? Is it legit? i thought i read a thread a while back that it was stealing private keys or something? Or was this a different website?
The pool is not stealing anything, it uses split keys.
The one that's stealing addresses is also advertising it big in his signature on bitcointalk. He mainly posts in threads that don't show his -8 Red Trust, so he is probably still making new victims up to now. (I think it would be good if bitcointalk shows Trust-ratings in all topics).

if you are unlucky, it can take 6.2 years.
If you're unlucky, you may never find it!

I think it would probably be in the interest of the community if you just called him out.  If he s scamming then it's best everyone knows.  Im not too sure who it is unless i Stumble across a thread with him in it.
Be Aware - The site linked right under this is a SCAM! Do NOT use.
This is the scam website: bitcoinvanitygen (dot) com They keep your private keys and will steal your funds after reaching a certain amount, I believe. A bunch of people have been scammed, but I'm not sure which user it is. I guess LoyceV was afraid someone who is new would fall for it, if the link was posted here.

However, if you are lucky, it can take a shorter time, if you are unlucky, it can take 6.2 years.

There are discussions within this thread about the "luck" factor.  Feel free to ask questions.
Isn't the required work not linear? I remember reading that if it take 3.1 years to reach 50%, it would take an extra 3.1 years to reach 75%.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
Does anyone know if the vanity pool website is still operational and paying for solving various work? Is it legit? i thought i read a thread a while back that it was stealing private keys or something? Or was this a different website?
The one that's stealing addresses is also advertising it big in his signature on bitcointalk. He mainly posts in threads that don't show his -8 Red Trust, so he is probably still making new victims up to now. (I think it would be good if bitcointalk shows Trust-ratings in all topics).

I think it would probably be in the interest of the community if you just called him out.  If he s scamming then it's best everyone knows.  Im not too sure who it is unless i Stumble across a thread with him in it.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

how to run two cards in one terminal
legendary
Activity: 1140
The Real Jude Austin
Does anyone know if the vanity pool website is still operational and paying for solving various work? Is it legit? i thought i read a thread a while back that it was stealing private keys or something? Or was this a different website? i dont want to spend weeks crunching a vanity address only to not get paid for it.

The owner of the vanity pool is on this forum, shoot him a message.

legendary
Does anyone know if the vanity pool website is still operational and paying for solving various work? Is it legit? i thought i read a thread a while back that it was stealing private keys or something? Or was this a different website? i dont want to spend weeks crunching a vanity address only to not get paid for it.
legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 2219
💲🏎️💨🚓
I pick up this job 2xHD5850 how long it will take?

I pick up this job 2xHD5850 how long it will take?

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Personal Text Space Not For Sale
is there any ways to get it for cloud wallet like bitgo or blockchain?  Grin

I use my vanity address on Mycelium - an Android application. With just a scan on the QR code, you will be able to import your vanity address' private key. One thing that Mycelium lack is only browser based wallet but it is an extremely good mobile & cloud based wallet - if I'm not wrong.
legendary
is there any ways to get it for cloud wallet like bitgo or blockchain?  Grin

I don't know about bitgo but blockchain allows you to import your own private key fairly easy so you could generate a vanity on your pc and then import it into their no problem.
Pages:
Jump to: