Pages:
Author

Topic: Vanitygen: Vanity bitcoin address generator/miner [v0.22] - page 76. (Read 1153383 times)

legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 2219
💲🏎️💨🚓
...blah

I don't understand your explanations very well .... my question is what are the command lines for finding privkey for a complete address ?

I have a quantum computer that capable of looking through 1000 billion keys per micro second. i want to attack this address 1Cii2e2wGejfrRHRCbaYTzmyPLpJwGvsgD what are the Instructions at vanitygen ?

You know there's no BTC in this wallet https://blockchain.info/address/1Cii2e2wGejfrRHRCbaYTzmyPLpJwGvsgD (and it only every had about $50 at most ever?)

With a Quantum Computer, you'd be better off mining BitCoin blocks.  1,000 Billion is a Trillion BTW, thought you'd like to know that and a micro second... Well.... that's just silly....
Activity: 131
Merit: 101
tspacepilot it seems this is exactly what I was looking for. Could you tell me where to add the piece you posted?

Thanks!
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
FUN > ROI
I have a quantum computer that capable of looking through 1000 billion keys per micro second. i want to attack this address 1Cii2e2wGejfrRHRCbaYTzmyPLpJwGvsgD what are the Instructions at vanitygen ?

Closest you'll get with unmodified builds is:
Code:
vanitygen.exe -k -o output.txt 1Cii2e2wGejfrRHRCbaYTzmyPLp
Technically that's missing the last 3 characters 'JwG' (the other 4 are the checksum), but one out of every 200,000 addresses or so in the resulting output.txt file should be correct.  Have fun with your quantum computer.  You should have gone with more ridiculous numbers, though.. it would still take 3.3E24 years on average.
Activity: 546
How find a privkey for a complete address ?
i use
Code:
"path\to\vanitygen.exe" bitcoinaddress 
but see error the address is too long .
See how the bit you quoted says 'unhappy'?  That's a bit of an understatement.. see: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Vanitygen#Use_of_vanitygen_to_try_to_attack_addresses

That said - yes, there's a limit on the length as the vanity cannot include the error correction portion of the address, so you'd have to feed it the address minus the error correction portion.
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Technical_background_of_version_1_Bitcoin_addresses

But again, see the aforementioned.

I don't understand your explanations very well .... my question is what are the command lines for finding privkey for a complete address ?

Activity: 336
Merit: 251

Is there anybody working on a multi-signature version of VanityGen?
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
Hi there,

I saw on the opening page

try "vanitygen -r [Ww]iLL"

(no need to use [Ii] and/or [Ll] because l (small L) and I are not in base58, I think.

EDIT: found one in seconds: 1NZED7AR8hbwiLLkTWwXgZvM89FZqFiXnj

Would that mean I can't put

Code:
vanitygen -f work.txt -o dump.txt

( work.txt ) Timelord

into a search only TimeLord ?

And also, If I'm looking for Timelord2067 I'd actually have to put TimeLord2o67 (small "oh' Oscar after the "2")

Thanks for looking.

Indeed, you read it correctly, there's no lower case "l" in bitcoin addresses nor zeros nor upper case O.  See here for more background on it: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Base58Check_encoding

Hey thanks for that - much appreciated.

Will try TimeLord first then TimeLord2o67 later (I've got all the time in the world Wink )
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1081
I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.
Hi there,

(no need to use [Ii] and/or [Ll] because l (small L) and I are not in base58, I think.

Code:

( work.txt ) Timelord

And also, If I'm looking for Timelord2067 I'd actually have to put TimeLord2o67 (small "oh' Oscar after the "2")

Thanks for looking.

Indeed, you read it correctly, there's no lower case "l" in bitcoin addresses nor zeros nor upper case O.  See here for more background on it: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Base58Check_encoding
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
Hi there,

Code:

( work.txt ) Timelord

Thanks for looking.
Activity: 686
FUN > ROI
i use
Code:
See how the bit you quoted says 'unhappy'?  That's a bit of an understatement.. see: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Vanitygen#Use_of_vanitygen_to_try_to_attack_addresses

That said - yes, there's a limit on the length as the vanity cannot include the error correction portion of the address, so you'd have to feed it the address minus the error correction portion.
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Technical_background_of_version_1_Bitcoin_addresses

But again, see the aforementioned.
Can I use vanitygen to find someone else's private key from their bitcoin address?

Yes.  Vanitygen is a cryptographic brute-forcing application, and can be used to search for a complete address.  However, you will be unhappy with the amount of time required for it to find a match.

i use
Code:
I have 5 prefix letters , what is the command line for find at least a BTC address for it ?

Case-sensitive prefix search:
Code:
"path\to\vanitygen.exe" 1Prefix

Case-insensitive prefix search (faster):
Code:
"path\to\vanitygen.exe" -i 1Prefix

Case-sensitive prefix search but not limited to 1 match:
Code:
"path\to\vanitygen.exe" -k 1Prefix

Case-sensitive prefix search but not limited to 1 match and saves all matches to a file:
Code:
"path\to\vanitygen.exe" -k -o anything 1Prefix

Note: If you want to save all matches to a file in the same folder Vanitygen is, specify the path to directory. Eg:- "path\to\vanitygen.exe" -k -o "path\to\anything" 1za

Edit: Searching for compressed key is faster than uncompressed key. Download Lifeboat's vanitygen. See https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/create-vanity-bitcoin-addresses-four-times-as-fast-301068. Also, see https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10590011.

Case-sensitive prefix search but not limited to 1 match and saves all matches to a file (compressed):
Code:
"path\to\vanitygen.exe" -k -F compressed -o anything 1Prefix

What are command lines for oclvanitygen ? does oclvanitygen use graphic card for computing ? and this is faster than vanitygen ?
legendary
Could anybody post the necessary code changes to allow oclvanitygen to generate compressed and uncompressed keys simultaneously? I suspect the speed increase must be substantial

Thanks!
Your "suspicion" is misplaced. The only calculation in common that would be saved is the calculation of the x coordinate of the public key, which is just a few multiplications. Everything else, from creating the compressed public key parity, creating an address from a compressed public key and checking for the vanity match would be a completely different process.

Given that there are two bitcoin addresses per private key, that if you are iterating through private keys pseudo-randomly (i assume this is what vanitygen does, at the end of the day), it does seem that you may as well look at both the addresses each time you calculate a point on the curve for a given private key.  I recently implemented this using some code from ken sherrif's bitcoins-the-hard-way blog along with some library routines from ecdsa module in python and I could basically as step one create a seed; step 2, get a point on the curve; and from there the process forks and you'd have two methods of generating a pubkey (one with and one without the y part).  Anyway, it seems to me like there could be some value in looking at both addresses once you have a point on the curve.

Code:
def pubKeyToAddr(s):
  ripemd160 = hashlib.new('ripemd160')
  ripemd160.update(hashlib.sha256(s.decode('hex')).digest())
  return base58CheckEncode(0, ripemd160.digest())

def privateKeyToPublicKey(s, compressed=False):
  sk = ecdsa.SigningKey.from_string(s.decode('hex'), curve=ecdsa.SECP256k1)
  vk = sk.verifying_key

if compressed:
    from ecdsa.util import number_to_string
    order = vk.pubkey.order
    x_str = number_to_string(vk.pubkey.point.x(), order).encode('hex')
    sign = '02' if vk.pubkey.point.y() % 2 == 0 else '03'
    return (sign+x_str)
  else:
    return ('\04' + vk.to_string()).encode('hex')

private_key = ''.join(['%x' % random.randrange(16) for x in range(0,64)])
print "A private key: ", private_key
public_key = privateKeyToPublicKey(private_key)
cpublic_key = privateKeyToPublicKey(private_key,compressed=True)
print "The uncompressed bitcoin address: ", pubKeyToAddr(public_key)
print "The bitcoin address: ", pubKeyToAddr(cpublic_key)
Activity: 560
Merit: 509
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
I have 5 prefix letters , what is the command line for find at least a BTC address for it ?

Case-sensitive prefix search:
Code:
"path\to\vanitygen.exe" 1Prefix

Case-insensitive prefix search (faster):
Code:
"path\to\vanitygen.exe" -i 1Prefix

Case-sensitive prefix search but not limited to 1 match:
Code:
"path\to\vanitygen.exe" -k 1Prefix

Case-sensitive prefix search but not limited to 1 match and saves all matches to a file:
Code:
"path\to\vanitygen.exe" -k -o anything 1Prefix

Note: If you want to save all matches to a file in the same folder Vanitygen is, specify the path to directory. Eg:- "path\to\vanitygen.exe" -k -o "path\to\anything" 1za

Edit: Searching for compressed key is faster than uncompressed key. Download Lifeboat's vanitygen. See https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/create-vanity-bitcoin-addresses-four-times-as-fast-301068. Also, see https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10590011.

Case-sensitive prefix search but not limited to 1 match and saves all matches to a file (compressed):
Code:
"path\to\vanitygen.exe" -k -F compressed -o anything 1Prefix

Um, just vanitygen 1Prefix or oclvanitygen 1Prefix?

vanitygen 1Prefix
Activity: 392
Merit: 268
Tips welcomed: 1CF4GhXX1RhCaGzWztgE1YZZUcSpoqTbsJ

Um, just vanitygen 1Prefix or oclvanitygen 1Prefix?
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1036
Could anybody post the necessary code changes to allow oclvanitygen to generate compressed and uncompressed keys simultaneously? I suspect the speed increase must be substantial

Thanks!
Your "suspicion" is misplaced. The only calculation in common that would be saved is the calculation of the x coordinate of the public key, which is just a few multiplications. Everything else, from creating the compressed public key parity, creating an address from a compressed public key and checking for the vanity match would be a completely different process.
Activity: 131
Merit: 101

Thanks!
Activity: 392
Merit: 268
Tips welcomed: 1CF4GhXX1RhCaGzWztgE1YZZUcSpoqTbsJ

I might be completely wrong here, but isn't the -O3 just going to build the program in parallel?  I guess I thought the wiki wasn't referring to optimizing the build process itself, but to optimizing the built binary for working on some harware or another.  Please correct me if I'm wrong!

No, that's -j2 (or some other number) passed to make. -O3 means optimization level 3 (highest performance). When you add it to CFLAGS or CXXFLAGS and then run ./configure, the makefile will contain -O3 for all compiler steps. Thus the compiler will be called with -O3 and thus every compilation unit/source file will be compiled with maximum optimizations.

Thanks, I'll look at the Makefile that I downloaded from github and see what's going on in there with respect to CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS.

EDIT:

This is the top of the default Makefile, looks like I'm okay if that's the only optimizations they're referring to in the wiki:

Code:
LIBS=-lpcre -lcrypto -lm -lpthread
CFLAGS=-ggdb -O3 -Wall

Yep, it looks like it's being fully optimized. I'm not sure why -ggdb is included; debug builds usually have poorer performance. -ggdb should be removed and the final executable tested.

Thanks for the tip, I'll remove the debugger flag and rebuild.  Cheers!

EDIT: that actually does appear to have made a small difference, but to be honest I think it's in the margin of error (10Kkeys/s or so) since I'm doing other things on this computer at the same time.

No problem, I'll do some testing myself. I don't have working OpenCL drivers so I'm forced to go CPU, so I'm always on the lookout for compile-time optimizations beyond the defaults for some CPU-intensive executables I use.
legendary

I might be completely wrong here, but isn't the -O3 just going to build the program in parallel?  I guess I thought the wiki wasn't referring to optimizing the build process itself, but to optimizing the built binary for working on some harware or another.  Please correct me if I'm wrong!

No, that's -j2 (or some other number) passed to make. -O3 means optimization level 3 (highest performance). When you add it to CFLAGS or CXXFLAGS and then run ./configure, the makefile will contain -O3 for all compiler steps. Thus the compiler will be called with -O3 and thus every compilation unit/source file will be compiled with maximum optimizations.

Thanks, I'll look at the Makefile that I downloaded from github and see what's going on in there with respect to CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS.

EDIT:

This is the top of the default Makefile, looks like I'm okay if that's the only optimizations they're referring to in the wiki:

Code:
LIBS=-lpcre -lcrypto -lm -lpthread
CFLAGS=-ggdb -O3 -Wall

Yep, it looks like it's being fully optimized. I'm not sure why -ggdb is included; debug builds usually have poorer performance. -ggdb should be removed and the final executable tested.

Thanks for the tip, I'll remove the debugger flag and rebuild.  Cheers!

EDIT: that actually does appear to have made a small difference, but to be honest I think it's in the margin of error (10Kkeys/s or so) since I'm doing other things on this computer at the same time.
Pages:
Jump to: