Pages:
Author

Topic: Vanitygen: Vanity bitcoin address generator/miner [v0.22] - page 80. (Read 1153383 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 268
Tips welcomed: 1CF4GhXX1RhCaGzWztgE1YZZUcSpoqTbsJ
It should get written away to the same folder as the vanitygen executable.

If vanitygen.exe is on your path and your current directory isn't the dir where vanitygen.exe is located, then the file will be saved to the current directory instead.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
FUN > ROI
It should get written away to the same folder as the vanitygen executable.
Activity: 54
Merit: 4
Hi,
How can i "loop" the generator so he can create more and more addresses for me when he finished the first one? instead of checking the machine each hour/day to see if its over and then press "enter" again..

Tnx!

Use -k and you always use -o to save the addresses and private keys generated to that file.

Eg:- vanitygen.exe -k 1MZakir -o asd.txt

great,tnx
where the txt is saved?
Activity: 560
Merit: 509
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
Hi,
How can i "loop" the generator so he can create more and more addresses for me when he finished the first one? instead of checking the machine each hour/day to see if its over and then press "enter" again..

Tnx!

Use -k and you always use -o to save the addresses and private keys generated to that file.

Eg:- vanitygen.exe -k 1MZakir -o asd.txt
Activity: 54
Merit: 4
Hi,

Tnx!
Activity: 129
Merit: 11
You have to make sure that oclvanitygen is being run with its folder as the 'working directory'.  It's best to open a command line window (cmd), make sure you're in the vanitygen folder ('cd' on over if needed), and then run it / any prepared batch file you made.
If you're using a desktop shortcut, right-click it, choose properties, and make sure that the "Start in" field has the vanitygen folder.

If you need further assistance on this, detail exactly how and what you run so we can give a more targeted approach Smiley
Cd worked thank you!
FUN > ROI
You have to make sure that oclvanitygen is being run with its folder as the 'working directory'.  It's best to open a command line window (cmd), make sure you're in the vanitygen folder ('cd' on over if needed), and then run it / any prepared batch file you made.
If you're using a desktop shortcut, right-click it, choose properties, and make sure that the "Start in" field has the vanitygen folder.

If you need further assistance on this, detail exactly how and what you run so we can give a more targeted approach Smiley
Activity: 129
Guys i have this error when i run oclvanitygen64.exe -v -i -D 0:0 1myaddress
Code:
Error loading kernel file 'calc_addrs.cl': No such file or directory
Could not open device '0:0', ignoring

But they are in the same folder!
How can i fix?
Win 8.1
dnp
Activity: 401
Merit: 110
It's usually in there assigned to PUBKEY_ADDRESS in one way or another.

thanks!
FUN > ROI
for an arbitrary altcoin, how do i determine the -X value (address family, eg: dogecoin is value 30)
to use in vanitygen ?
is there a standard place in the coin's source code?

Note that if you need to find the parameter for "-X", you can also check the coin's source.  It's usually in there assigned to PUBKEY_ADDRESS in one way or another.

E.g. for DogeCoin (30):
https://github.com/dogecoin/dogecoin/blob/master/src/chainparams.cpp#L132
Code:
       std::vector pka = list_of(30);
        base58Prefixes[PUBKEY_ADDRESS] = pka;

For LiteCoin (48):
https://github.com/litecoin-project/litecoin/blob/master-0.8/src/base58.h#L275
Code:
       PUBKEY_ADDRESS = 48, // Litecoin addresses start with L

Keep in mind that each coin will have its own quirks in terms of disallowed characters (at certain locations), etc.

Edit: Dogecoin's had some changes - updated link to new correct line number.
dnp
Activity: 401
Merit: 110
for an arbitrary altcoin, how do i determine the -X value (address family, eg: dogecoin is value 30)
to use in vanitygen ?
is there a standard place in the coin's source code?
Activity: 89
Helou,

Could someone give some coding support for vanitygen (oclvanitygen)?
I'm using oclvanitygen (GPU) with Linux and I could compile a new version from source code.

So I need some advices for my "problem".
When oclvanitygen found ex "1GeGeA" pattern with -k option (Keep pattern and continue search after finding a match), now it's generate a new random seed and start again from different point.
I need to modify the source code that way, when it found a pattern, it does not generate a random seed value, only increase X value amount to "secret exponent value". So the starting point is quite near the previous one (diff X).

---snip ----

Could someone please give piece of code for me? I'm quite noob to code.
I have look the source code, but it's quite difficult to understand.

Thank you very much!

I Guess what you are looking for kind of kills the purpose of the ECDSA algorithm.
The algorithms to find ECSDA points for addition and multiplications are not so straightforward to find points that are 'close'.
The result is also hashed with SHA256, creating a big change in the result for each minor change.
All the code you need for your problem is available, its called vanitygen, unfortunately >99% of the solutions/time is waisted.......

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Helou,

Could someone give some coding support for vanitygen (oclvanitygen)?
I'm using oclvanitygen (GPU) with Linux and I could compile a new version from source code.

So I need some advices for my "problem".
When oclvanitygen found ex "1GeGeA" pattern with -k option (Keep pattern and continue search after finding a match), now it's generate a new random seed and start again from different point.
I need to modify the source code that way, when it found a pattern, it does not generate a random seed value, only increase X value amount to "secret exponent value". So the starting point is quite near the previous one (diff X).

example:
Difficulty: 259627881
Pattern: 1GeGeA                                                               
Address: 1GeGeAAzBwzcPpCiMdGSURUBxLdSW3PFV3
Privkey: 5JpiwYTQZmKCtfumGP1wsZuZdfEvEBqSiEojSHh6QUPdM1a1pgV

This Privkey is hex and dec (=secret exponent):
84b05b4fff33236fe6f1e8d886d94fd8f4498d71ea0420d1902c90d9bf246bd5

If X value is 12345678, next starting point is:
Address: 1FwwNCewMPk8RsnzA528QSse3NjXuV6745
Privkey: 5JpiwYTQZmKCtfumGP1wsZuZdfEvEBqSiEojSHh6QbXg96Bfepr

Could someone please give piece of code for me? I'm quite noob to code.
I have look the source code, but it's quite difficult to understand.

Thank you very much!
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
remove return vp;
and replace it with ptrp = &itemp->ai_left;

And it doesn't even matter if I replace it with ptrp = &itemp->ai_right;

It works either way.

Thanks again.
FUN > ROI
Try with -r command. It is working for me.
[...]
it is better than nothing. Smiley

I disagree.

-r (1a|1ab|1abc)1a 1ab 1abc1aocl -rocl 1a 1ab 1abc
complains about overlapnoyesnon/ayes
finds 1ayesyesyesn/ayes
finds 1abyesyesyesn/ayes
finds 1abcyesyesyesn/ayes
finds 1axyesyesyesn/ayes
Kkeys/s (example)~150~220~220n/a~2800

So at the benefit of it not complaining about overlap, you lose a lot of performance compared to just the CPU version alone - never mind compared against the OpenCL version (which doesn't support regex).  And that would be the only benefit, as functionally it's still the exact same.  The only time there's a functional difference is if the prefixes are provided in reduced specificity order, e.g. '1abc 1ab 1a' - which is something a preparser could easily deal with before sending them to vanitygen.
legendary
spreadcoin.info
 Grin

It works if I do this:

Code:
static vg_prefix_t *vg_prefix_avl_insert(avl_root_t *rootp, vg_prefix_t *vpnew)
{
    vg_prefix_t *vp;
    avl_item_t *itemp = NULL;
    avl_item_t **ptrp = &rootp->ar_root;
    while (*ptrp) {

itemp = *ptrp;
        vp = avl_item_entry(itemp, vg_prefix_t, vp_item);
        if (BN_cmp(vp->vp_low, vpnew->vp_high) > 0) {
            ptrp = &itemp->ai_left;
        } else {
            if (BN_cmp(vp->vp_high, vpnew->vp_low) < 0) {
                ptrp = &itemp->ai_right;
            } else
                 ptrp = &itemp->ai_left;
                //return vp;
        }

}
    vpnew->vp_item.ai_up = itemp;
    itemp = &vpnew->vp_item;
    *ptrp = itemp;
    avl_insert_fix(rootp, itemp);
    return NULL;
}

remove return vp;
and replace it with ptrp = &itemp->ai_left;

Thanks again for the hint, TheRealSteve! You really are The Real Steve!  Grin
legendary
spreadcoin.info
There's an edge condition where the two are considered equal, the 'else [...] return vp;' part.  You want to eliminate that.  Should be as simple as changing one of the comparisons from '>' or '<' to '>=' or '<=' respectively.
Not sure if that breaks anything, but give it a shot.

Thanks, I tried that, removing the part and changing either to >= or <=, but it doesn't work.

It looks like the program isn't even starting the search cycle anymore.
FUN > ROI
Can someone who understands the code give me a hint what functions I need to disable/adjust so that overlapping patterns don't get removed/ignored?
I don't think this is the way to go about it - preparsing the user's list, feeding it into vanitygen, filtering afterward being more appropriate - but alright.
In pattern.c, look for vg_prefix_avl_insert.  There's a comparison function in there that compares prefixes and inserts them in appropriate spots.  There's an edge condition where the two are considered equal, the 'else [...] return vp;' part.  You want to eliminate that.  Should be as simple as changing one of the comparisons from '>' or '<' to '>=' or '<=' respectively.
Not sure if that breaks anything, but give it a shot.

what if I want to feed those patterns into vanitygen:
1super
1superd
1superdu
1superdup
1superdupe
1superduper

and I want it to print out the privkey/pubkey pair whenever one of those matches is found.
It already will.  See earlier example where feeding it '1a 1ab' has it drop '1ab' from the prefixes list, but will still happily return '1ab*' results (along with '1aa*', '1ac*', '1ad*', etc.) because it still matches '1a'.
legendary
spreadcoin.info

Another example:

1super
1superd
1superdu
1superdup
1superdupe
1superduper

and I want it to print out the privkey/pubkey pair whenever one of those matches is found.

What method can I use to achieve that and REALLY have vanitygen print out all intermediate key pairs,
without ignoring my wishes.  Grin

PS: I know that I can achieve that by starting 6 different vanitygen processes.
But I do require that this happens withing one vanitygen process.

I tried with these but I vanitygen is only finding for 5 keywords not 6 but it is better than nothing. Smiley

Thanks, so it requires regex.

What if I don't want to use regex, but rather adjust vanitygen so that it doesn't ignore overlaps?
Activity: 560
Merit: 509
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

Another example:

1super
1superd
1superdu
1superdup
1superdupe
1superduper

What method can I use to achieve that and REALLY have vanitygen print out all intermediate key pairs,
without ignoring my wishes.  Grin

PS: I know that I can achieve that by starting 6 different vanitygen processes.
But I do require that this happens withing one vanitygen process.

I tried with these but vanitygen is only finding for 5 keywords not 6 but it is better than nothing. Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: