Pages:
Author

Topic: Vericoin VRC ICO three days away!! - page 3. (Read 2112 times)

Activity: 236
Merit: 100
July 17, 2016, 05:04:36 PM
they also invented the ETH rollback / hardfork ... what is VRM?

They invented the roll back?? You mean Bitcoin never rolled back?  Also VRC rolled back due to a theft not due to poor code that was exploited.  But all that matters is market cap not facts.

Rolling back due to theft is not a good enough reason to destroy the social contract. It sets a precedent for future thefts.

Having a block chain where you have "do-overs" is no better than using the current federal reserve funny munny system.

Yeah Smoothie I think your missing the point here, the rollback was to support its community and investors and supporting your so called social contract. The hack was the fault of a poorly run exchange and no fault of the code/coin or developers.

I totally support the return of funds do to theft, this whole notion of crypto being a this holy thing that can never be touched is bull. The crypto evangelists need to take a real look at the real world and realize that this is an unattainable notion that crypto/blockchain can never be touched or altered is unachievable.

Just think in the real world, your telling someone to invest in crypto and you tell them "Oh yeah and if some steals your money your screwed, we can could do something but we can't because it goes against the blockchain bible!"

In my opinion the power of crypto/blockchain is the ledger, the indestructible history of transactions, the consensus of the users....but thats just my opinion .

+1
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
July 17, 2016, 04:59:12 PM

They invented the roll back?? You mean Bitcoin never rolled back?  Also VRC rolled back due to a theft not due to poor code that was exploited.  But all that matters is market cap not facts.

Rolling back due to theft is not a good enough reason to destroy the social contract. It sets a precedent for future thefts.

Having a block chain where you have "do-overs" is no better than using the current federal reserve funny munny system.

Yeah Smoothie I think your missing the point here, the rollback was to support its community and investors and supporting your so called social contract. The hack was the fault of a poorly run exchange and no fault of the code/coin or developers.

I totally support the return of funds do to theft, this whole notion of crypto being a this holy thing that can never be touched is bull. The crypto evangelists need to take a real look at the real world and realize that this is an unattainable notion that crypto/blockchain can never be touched or altered is unachievable.

Just think in the real world, your telling someone to invest in crypto and you tell them "Oh yeah and if some steals your money your screwed, we can could do something but we can't because it goes against the blockchain bible!"

In my opinion the power of crypto/blockchain is the ledger, the indestructible history of transactions, the consensus of the users....but thats just my opinion .
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
July 17, 2016, 02:32:03 PM

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
July 17, 2016, 02:30:35 PM

Yeah not sure what there is to be excited about. Vericoin was the first to rollback a hack.
Activity: 564
July 17, 2016, 02:29:26 PM

Activity: 236
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
July 17, 2016, 11:06:21 AM
Activity: 564
July 17, 2016, 09:58:37 AM
Can't wait so ready to trade SOME VRC for VRM!!  I know most here are into pump and dumps and catching any wave you can.  But a coin 2 years old with developers that have constantly improved the protocol and actually umm care its exciting times coming up!! So if you haven't heard of Vericoin check it out!! Join the fun!!
Pages:
Jump to: