Author

Topic: VERITASEUM DISCUSSION THREAD - page 139. (Read 251011 times)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
June 27, 2017, 11:14:31 AM
>>That's pure speculation and overhyping it IMO.
I like him and his enthousiasm though.

Bix is probably basing this idea on Clif High's Web-Bot report regarding Veritaseum. I personally don't understand why high traffic would cause problems for an exchange, because, aren't they designed to handle huge volumes and traffic?... But I am expecting the price to rise a lot. I didn't know much about Veri during the ICO, but the more I learn, the happier I am owning some. I even bought more at EtherDelta for more than I originally paid during the ICO because I'm confident this is something to hang onto. And to think, I started out suspecting Reggie of being a scammer, but I have a lot of respect for him now and am glad to be a part of Veritaseum.
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
June 27, 2017, 07:37:29 AM
Bix says something interesting about VERI around 11:50 mark in this video

https://youtu.be/8Df99uoo-1s

He says major exchanges are a bit scared of listing VERI (in a good way) as the demand surge will be overwhelming and they may not cope well with the inevitable price/demand explosion.

It has to happen, though... and soon.

That's pure speculation and overhyping it IMO.
I like him and his enthousiasm though.
Activity: 492
Merit: 251
June 27, 2017, 06:05:22 AM

He says major exchanges are a bit scared of listing VERI (in a good way) as the demand surge will be overwhelming and they may not cope well with the inevitable price/demand explosion.

why would they not cope with that? if there not enough coins the price will rise.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain
June 27, 2017, 03:38:31 AM

Price rise imminent.

Also, if you haven't yet done so - Request that VERI be added to bittrex

https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=114093958872

In addition, if Reggie or someone close to him could provide an EVA account for Bittrex

Please provide an Enhanced Verified Account of team member on Bittrex. This team member must be either a core developer or a major shareholder (10% or more) of a company that backs the development of the coin. That member will need to submit identifying documents to get their account enhanced verified.

It's amazing how things turn around so fast. They are probably anticipating good news from the Jamaican stock exchange meeting/workshop.
Activity: 112
June 27, 2017, 03:03:16 AM
Reggie - how did it go/is it going with the pan-Caribbean project so far? Hoping the trip was fruitful.
legendary
Activity: 1146
Merit: 1000
June 27, 2017, 02:29:38 AM

Price rise imminent.

Also, if you haven't yet done so - Request that VERI be added to bittrex

https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=114093958872

In addition, if Reggie or someone close to him could provide an EVA account for Bittrex

Please provide an Enhanced Verified Account of team member on Bittrex. This team member must be either a core developer or a major shareholder (10% or more) of a company that backs the development of the coin. That member will need to submit identifying documents to get their account enhanced verified.

Activity: 4
June 27, 2017, 01:51:36 AM
however we really need a reliable exchange for veri.

i sent email to poloniex.

i invite all of you in the thread to do the same, because not only for the price increase, but also for easy to use, etherdelta is horrible. people can have fear to send here tokens.

Has HitBTC been approached to offer VERI ?
Activity: 28
June 26, 2017, 10:57:38 PM
Volatility in Crypto-land. Nothing new for those watching this space. I agree that Etherdelta will be seen as cheap in the future. Somthing else that came to me recently was that the reserve tokens will be offered to high net worth purchasers. The corollary is that for small quantities, it doesn't make sense for Veritaseum to release new tokens; too much work to justify it.

A company or bank that isn't ready to purchase 10,000 - 100,000 tokens will have to buy on the market. A few companies soaking up the existing market offering will quickly swing the price higher. Weak hands will shake out, those convinced to hold will ask a higher premium. Wash and repeat.

The float is our friend.

https://target.scene7.com/is/image/Target/18838369?wid=360&hei=360&qlt=80&fmt=pjpeg

Nobody said it was easy. Being a successful entrepreneur takes patience,perseverance, knowledge, understanding and BIG BALLS!!!
Activity: 606
Merit: 500
June 26, 2017, 10:12:02 PM
however we really need a reliable exchange for veri.

i sent email to poloniex.

i invite all of you in the thread to do the same, because not only for the price increase, but also for easy to use, etherdelta is horrible. people can have fear to send here tokens.
Activity: 107
June 26, 2017, 07:18:26 PM

I find his comment on the off chain trades to be fascinating. Obviously the exchange is taking a fee for all transactions, for these to occur off chain means their overhead is lower. Reading between the lines, it seems there is some incentives ala allocated shares that the exchanges usually operate off of. Either that or they participate in ICOs. Because Veritaseum was practically under the radar it must have caught the big boys off guard. Another reason why fundamentals triumph over flashiness.

I believe bix's estimate of price action is valid. Another reason for the main exchanges to sit it out is there may be some wild price action when its' first listed and they don't want to answer questions about volatility.  I'm actually surprised that Coinbase reverted those ether trades from last week during the flash crash. This is unfortunately a sad precedent for ethereum, including the original DAO. If a blockchain is not immutable, and market trades are not set in stone it removes a lot of trust in a platform.

Price wise we're still near a 10x multiple from the Crowdsale in ether. I believe bringing this to major exchange could bring that to 50x ( 1.5 ). Further price action depends on products and services being rolled out from Veritaseum.
June 26, 2017, 07:02:44 PM

Activity: 672
Merit: 274
June 26, 2017, 04:33:23 PM
yes ico is done and believe bounties have been paid. the coin is still selling for very cheap on etherdelta but shudnt for long.
Very cheap? You got 30 VERI for 1 ETH at ICO, now, only two weeks later you get less than 4 VERI for 1 ETH.
There is a total supply of 100,000,000 VERI, this would mean a market cap of $8,000,000,000 with current prices. Are you kidden me?

Don't think he's kidden you.  You are aware that it only trades on one "experimental" exchange that is widely viewed as difficult to use and is boycotted for that.  Only 1.9M tokens were purchased out of 100M, the other large share blocks are reserved for banks and sovereigns.  Very small float.  You may want to research a little to understand the opportunity.  Many feel here the way things are structured, that the price will rise significantly once VERI makes it's way to a large exchange.  

The opportunity to profit exists right now before it gets listed for trade in a major venue.  

Absolutely. Without a doubt.
I think Veritas will go down with all the other cryptos. Buy these tokens cheap.

It is going down with the rest, but how low it will go is probably anyone's guess. Personally I deem VERI tokens to be super cheap at current price levels.
Activity: 492
Merit: 251
June 26, 2017, 04:14:14 PM
yes ico is done and believe bounties have been paid. the coin is still selling for very cheap on etherdelta but shudnt for long.
Very cheap? You got 30 VERI for 1 ETH at ICO, now, only two weeks later you get less than 4 VERI for 1 ETH.
There is a total supply of 100,000,000 VERI, this would mean a market cap of $8,000,000,000 with current prices. Are you kidden me?

Don't think he's kidden you.  You are aware that it only trades on one "experimental" exchange that is widely viewed as difficult to use and is boycotted for that.  Only 1.9M tokens were purchased out of 100M, the other large share blocks are reserved for banks and sovereigns.  Very small float.  You may want to research a little to understand the opportunity.  Many feel here the way things are structured, that the price will rise significantly once VERI makes it's way to a large exchange.  

The opportunity to profit exists right now before it gets listed for trade in a major venue.  

I think Veritas will go down with all the other cryptos. Buy these tokens cheap.
June 26, 2017, 03:50:22 PM
Volatility in Crypto-land. Nothing new for those watching this space. I agree that Etherdelta will be seen as cheap in the future. Somthing else that came to me recently was that the reserve tokens will be offered to high net worth purchasers. The corollary is that for small quantities, it doesn't make sense for Veritaseum to release new tokens; too much work to justify it.

A company or bank that isn't ready to purchase 10,000 - 100,000 tokens will have to buy on the market. A few companies soaking up the existing market offering will quickly swing the price higher. Weak hands will shake out, those convinced to hold will ask a higher premium. Wash and repeat.

The float is our friend.

Absolutely! I see VERI's price is falling on the back of extremely low volume. It is only the weakest of hands that are getting out now.  Cool
Activity: 107
June 26, 2017, 03:23:32 PM

The float is our friend.

June 26, 2017, 09:08:23 AM
Believer (metal cover by Leo Moracchioli): https://youtu.be/pLFR7dLtdY8  Grin
June 26, 2017, 08:54:17 AM

Activity: 82
June 26, 2017, 08:45:16 AM

June 26, 2017, 08:39:14 AM

The circulating supply is 1,967,276. The rest will be sold to large firms and other corporate entities that will mostly buy to use it.

P.S. Given the bigger picture, $8,000,000,000 is small change.  Cool
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1401
Disobey.
June 26, 2017, 08:12:03 AM
Jump to: