Author

Topic: VERITASEUM DISCUSSION THREAD - page 135. (Read 251011 times)

Activity: 92
Merit: 10
June 29, 2017, 02:59:14 PM
Does it usually take this long for a new coin/token to get listed on a major exchange? I'm not trying to be negative, just asking a question.

It seems the exchanges are kind of ignoring VERI..
Activity: 476
Merit: 251
June 29, 2017, 02:57:40 PM
Does it usually take this long for a new coin/token to get listed on a major exchange? I'm not trying to be negative, just asking a question.
Activity: 92
June 29, 2017, 02:17:42 PM
Why is there only 2M in circulation? Where is the other 98M?

This has been explained at length multiple times in the thread.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
June 29, 2017, 12:39:04 PM
Why is there only 2M in circulation? Where is the other 98M?
Activity: 107
June 29, 2017, 12:29:11 PM
If you guys can convince Reggie to give VERI holders the opportunity to earn from the fees charged to users in using Veritaseum's services, then the price of VERI may adjust upward by at least 5 times, never mind where VERI is listed.
A percentage of VERI tokens sent to a time-locked contract would accomplish the same effect as well (thus the tokens taken off the market would be similar to a long duration instrument). Requiring interaction with existing token holders is not necessary. This of course is speculation.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain
June 29, 2017, 12:00:52 PM
If you guys can convince Reggie to give VERI holders the opportunity to earn from the fees charged to users in using Veritaseum's services, then the price of VERI may adjust upward by at least 5 times, never mind where VERI is listed.
June 29, 2017, 11:27:51 AM
poor Mehmet Ozturk@mto_46_twitter that he is f***** dumb.
Agreed.
He put in a sell order for VERI expecting 1/1 for ether and the market didn't take it. I see no evidence he was ripped off. Just ignorant in my opinion.
We can cure ignorance. Dumb not so much.
Activity: 56
June 29, 2017, 11:23:43 AM
You can't ban a decentralized exchange from listing a decentralized asset.
As I wouldn't know this ...

Etherdelta is a useful platform
It is not useful unless you want to buy some cheap VERI. It is actually harmful.

I predict when we reach 1/1 parity with ether that will be when exchanges become interested in VERI.

Perhaps. But I doubt. We will see.
June 29, 2017, 11:18:22 AM
It would be much better if delta would be banned from selling VERI. It is just damaging us holders and potential buyers.
You can't ban a decentralized exchange from listing a decentralized asset. VERI are software tokens, for purchasing services from Veritaseum.
Now would be a great time for those who don't appreciate this to cash out. At this time, Etherdelta is a useful platform and when and which exchanges will list this in the future will be dependent on the services that Veritaseum offers; that will drive demand. I predict when we reach 1/1 parity with ether that will be when exchanges become interested in VERI.

June 29, 2017, 11:10:58 AM
Perhaps would be the best to simply ask coinmarket and other sites where VERI is listed to remove token from their lists until it hits any major exchange. 
June 29, 2017, 10:51:41 AM
EtherDelta is DECENTRALISED!! Hence whatever people want to do with orders or whatever mistakes they make, sticks.

Funny how people want to ban exchanges like EtherDelta in the world of crypto which was originally all about the decentralisation of things... LOL.

How about we just let EtherDelta be the marketplace it is that people can freely use and if they want to make silly orders then fine, let them make silly orders.

If you cannot figure EtherDelta out, how the heck can you figure out a whitepaper or what a potential ICO is all about?Huh?? It's not rocket science.

Tell this to poor Mehmet Ozturk@mto_46_twitter that he is f***** dumb. It seems that you have misread what was posted. So please do go back and read it again. You know how price is displayed on coinmarket cap and similar sites. I know as well. But many poor sods just see the price listed on coin market cap and see 300% rise in price. So once again. Delta is actually harmful to our token because the prices that are displayed on coinmarket cap and similar sites are very misleading. It would be much better if delta would be banned from selling VERI. It is just damaging us holders and potential buyers.
June 29, 2017, 10:45:25 AM

I post the median price in my sig every day. Unless you know what you're doing you shouldn't be buying or selling outside of this band. (today 0.2916 0.3077 0.3333) Since Etherdelta is a distributed exchange, and takers can take any order, it is going to have these regressions.

VERI is a complicated piece of software. It is not an investment. Those who wish to accumulate can still use Etherdelta; the reward down the road will be apparent when the services are rolled out from Veritaseum. Speculators or people looking for a get rich token should steer clear. VERI is software to buy services. This is how they are accounted for.

As I stated before. I have no intent to sell VERI until hits at least 1000 USD. And for sure not major part of my tokens. This does not mean that I do not wish that real market would dictate normal price without non stop price flipflopping. Nor that I don't want to earn some profit to invest in other ICOs. But listing VERI on fake exchange will not allow me/us to do anything with VERI. Call me speculator if you want but what I want is to earn some money and invest it in other projects. So I am asking once again anyone here: How much do we need to pay any major exchange to actually list VERI? Because numerous emails, tweets, videos, blogs and reaching out to at least 6 exchanges hasn't changed a thing.
Activity: 112
June 29, 2017, 10:40:51 AM
EtherDelta is DECENTRALISED!! Hence whatever people want to do with orders or whatever mistakes they make, sticks.

Funny how people want to ban exchanges like EtherDelta in the world of crypto which was originally all about the decentralisation of things... LOL.

How about we just let EtherDelta be the marketplace it is that people can freely use and if they want to make silly orders then fine, let them make silly orders.

If you cannot figure EtherDelta out, how the heck can you figure out a whitepaper or what a potential ICO is all about?Huh?? It's not rocket science.

June 29, 2017, 09:51:54 AM
Banning EtherDelta for VERI is an overreaction.  Educating yourself on the proper operation of EtherDelta is the proper reaction.  Use it wisely to accumulate cheap shares now.

Perhaps but price flip-flopping like a yoyo is ridiculous and harmful to us holders (and buyers as well). As our emails/tweets ... were ignored I have a simple question: How much do we need to pay to be included on real exchange?
I post the median price in my sig every day. Unless you know what you're doing you shouldn't be buying or selling outside of this band. (today 0.2916 0.3077 0.3333) Since Etherdelta is a distributed exchange, and takers can take any order, it is going to have these regressions.

VERI is a complicated piece of software. It is not an investment. Those who wish to accumulate can still use Etherdelta; the reward down the road will be apparent when the services are rolled out from Veritaseum. Speculators or people looking for a get rich token should steer clear. VERI is software to buy services. This is how they are accounted for.
June 29, 2017, 08:50:16 AM
Banning EtherDelta for VERI is an overreaction.  Educating yourself on the proper operation of EtherDelta is the proper reaction.  Use it wisely to accumulate cheap shares now.

Perhaps but price flip-flopping like a yoyo is ridiculous and harmful to us holders (and buyers as well). As our emails/tweets ... were ignored I have a simple question: How much do we need to pay to be included on real exchange?
Activity: 3
June 29, 2017, 08:45:04 AM
Banning EtherDelta for VERI is an overreaction.  Educating yourself on the proper operation of EtherDelta is the proper reaction.  Use it wisely to accumulate cheap shares now.
June 29, 2017, 08:28:28 AM
Etherdelta is a joke. Just look at the order book right now. There are orders for 0.00500 VERI/ETH! And looking at expiry date gives you 1e+29 blocks. Yes that is 100000000000000000000000000000 blocks or approx 100 billion x 4756468797.56 years. What a joke. I believe that trading on delta is harmful to the whole VERI ecosystem. And then someone intentionally (or accidentally) clicks on orders like 0.00511 ratio and the price of VERI just plunges. The same applies for the other extreme when someone is buying 10 : 1 ratio (10 ETH to 1 VERI). Coinmarket cap periodically checks for the price and because shitty etherdelta does not provide normalised VERI price returns such as outrageous flip flops. This reflects bad on VERI itself. Can we block/prohibit trading on Etherdelta somehow? It is a joke and harmful to us and potential buyers which produces such episodes as this one:

Mehmet Ozturk@mto_46_twitter 11:37
Veritaseum was yesterday at 528 dollar. Two days ago I gave a order at 1.0 VER/ETH. But its not sell ?, Can anyone help me.
Alexandre Takacs @alexandretakacs_twitter 11:56
@mto_46_twitter how did you comme up with that valuation ?
Mehmet Ozturk @mto_46_twitter 11:57
@alexandretakacs_twitter https://coinmarketcap.com/assets/veritaseum/
Alexandre Takacs @alexandretakacs_twitter 11:57
at the moment VER/ETH is about 0.3 (ie you buy 1 VERI for about 0.3 ETH)
well your link gives me $91.84 at the moment (which is about what I mentioned)
Mehmet Ozturk @mto_46_twitter 11:58
I mean yesterday it was 528 dollar 22:14

So this poor sod was ripped off because of this fake exchange. And I am pretty sure that is not by far the only one
June 29, 2017, 04:16:27 AM
Does anyone know the ICO specific data for this coin? I want to buy some. Is it worth having?

Between 25th of April and 26th of May 2017. Is it worth having? Yes. But what you need to know is that you are not buying a currency but tokens to use software services. You will be able to rent tokens to others as well. For more info check brief explanation from https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.19821779 to get general idea.
Activity: 112
June 29, 2017, 04:14:14 AM
Does anyone know the ICO specific data for this coin? I want to buy some. Is it worth having?

Sorry not sure what you mean...? The ICO is over now but you can pick them up safely on EtherDelta after you watch a video on how to use the exchange. But sorry I don't know what you mean by "ICO specific data"...?
Activity: 289
Merit: 100
June 29, 2017, 03:54:43 AM
Jump to: