Author

Topic: VERITASEUM DISCUSSION THREAD - page 169. (Read 251011 times)

Activity: 107
Merit: 10
June 06, 2017, 07:15:26 PM
Does anyone have a need to extract their bitcoin private key from a mobile wallet? Asking for a friend. PM me if you have this need and which mobile wallet you are using.
Activity: 112
June 06, 2017, 11:05:42 AM
I have to admit, I took a punt on Veri (like many others probably did) looking for a quick pop in price in the near future. But having learned so much more about it I'm changing my thinking here. I think this is a token to enjoy the value of longer term as I think this will explode over time but not because of foolish speculation but rather because it is such a great concept.

It may be the next ETH when ETH was under $10... or even under $5. This thing will take time but acceptance from the right institutions could open unbelievably big doors for Veritaseum.
Activity: 344
Merit: 250
June 06, 2017, 09:59:10 AM
A new video:

Reggie Middleton Explains How Veritaseum Binds With the Forces of Change

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLwTpMF5VxM

Veritaseum has a great new office in Times Square in Manhattan.
Activity: 112
June 06, 2017, 05:01:36 AM
Thanks for the link , it looks like veri has x10 already? When is it likely to hit any major exchanges ?

It's not x10, it's been fluctuating between x3 and x2... it has also gone back to x1 and even into a loss for a bit, but again like everyone is saying, this means nothing. This volume means nothing and so it's probably not worth tracking. Wait until the big exchanges start including it and wait further for the project gain sponsorship ... that's where you should see the value appear IMO. Not that I know anything LOL  Grin
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
June 05, 2017, 08:25:54 PM
They can simply buy it from us (or from you). Think of other successful software vendors. Microsoft has most of its software concentrated at its firm, but has a vested interest in spreading it as far and as wide as possible. We're no different.

Sorry for the one question at a time thing. It is just this is quite a cool concept and I have to play around with it in my head a bit. Another question...

You'll have bots which automate the trade process, which is very cool. However, I guess not all bots are equal. In terms of their equality, I would assume the quality of their automation/trades has to do with their programming. Is this assumption correct?

Would it be safe to assume that a bot that performs better than the average, would have a high gas value for processing it?
How would one determine if one bot is better than the other? Trial and error?

Thanks in advance Reggie!

Our VeAdIR does not do much trading. What it does is more fundamental and strategic analysis to determine what tokens/software are undervalued or overvalued and take advantage of the discrepancy of the current price and the VeADIR's determined value.
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
June 05, 2017, 04:04:18 PM
That depends how you count original price. What's hard taking into account initial bonuses and substantial ETH price fluctuations.
In terms of ETH it's for the base more like x3. But as said above it's premature to consider it a real market valuation.

Still it's great that possibility to buy VERITAS is still in place. Let's keep up with the project's promotion.
I actually don't care about short term value. Our participation is what is building strong foundation for future Veritaseum success.
I strongly believe we are participationg in creation of a new free financial system and it would be selfish to keep it only for ourselfs.

Bitcoin was a beginning and now we are moving to the next phase, early adoption by banks, governments and in financial systems.
Good to keep few strong cards in this game.    

@whoareyou4 good question
Activity: 42
June 05, 2017, 03:53:46 PM
They can simply buy it from us (or from you). Think of other successful software vendors. Microsoft has most of its software concentrated at its firm, but has a vested interest in spreading it as far and as wide as possible. We're no different.

Sorry for the one question at a time thing. It is just this is quite a cool concept and I have to play around with it in my head a bit. Another question...

You'll have bots which automate the trade process, which is very cool. However, I guess not all bots are equal. In terms of their equality, I would assume the quality of their automation/trades has to do with their programming. Is this assumption correct?

Would it be safe to assume that a bot that performs better than the average, would have a high gas value for processing it?
How would one determine if one bot is better than the other? Trial and error?

Thanks in advance Reggie!
Activity: 17
June 05, 2017, 02:46:25 PM
Thanks for the link , it looks like veri has x10 already? When is it likely to hit any major exchanges ?
June 05, 2017, 02:39:52 PM
Post #407, Reggie says this was setup as an experiment.

I believe that etherdelta allows any arbitrary market to be established if it is an ERC20 token. Since it is not part of the drop down menu selection only followers of this thread know that this market exists. It is also possible to trade on etherdelta ANY ERC20 token for another. Fancy swapping some GNO for VERI? It's possible: https://etherdelta.github.io/#0x8f3470a7388c05ee4e7af3d01d8c722b0ff52374-GNO the market has no bids or offers but this illustrates that it is possible.

I believe that the volume is too low to have real price discovery at this point. Being listed on the main interface and on several of the larger exchanges will do a much better job of establishing the market for this token.

Activity: 52
June 05, 2017, 02:17:07 PM
so? It is the only market where you can trade VERI for now and looking at the orders many people did quite a good profit on VERI so far.
Activity: 476
Merit: 251
June 05, 2017, 01:35:16 PM
Wow great concept what's the potential price in the short term if all reggie says goes to plan, I need to get some i missed the boat on the ico

trade ETH for VERI now?  May be possible:

https://etherdelta.github.io/#ETH-0x8f3470a7388c05ee4e7af3d01d8c722b0ff52374
Post #407, Reggie says this was setup as an experiment.
June 05, 2017, 12:50:47 PM
I think using the other side of the order book makes more sense:
https://etherdelta.github.io/#0x8f3470a7388c05ee4e7af3d01d8c722b0ff52374-ETH

Since the initial crowdsale was in ether to veri. 1/30 = 0.033.... looking at the market in Ether makes sense.
Activity: 82
June 05, 2017, 12:28:41 PM
Wow great concept what's the potential price in the short term if all reggie says goes to plan, I need to get some i missed the boat on the ico

trade ETH for VERI now?  May be possible:

https://etherdelta.github.io/#ETH-0x8f3470a7388c05ee4e7af3d01d8c722b0ff52374
Activity: 17
June 05, 2017, 12:08:22 PM
Activity: 344
Merit: 250
June 05, 2017, 11:31:14 AM
Looking forward to the day when I can put my VERI token and some ETH into Skynet and have the robots do the trading for me.
Activity: 82
June 05, 2017, 11:16:00 AM
"people don't know what they have with these Veritaseum coins"

Clif's no dummy that's for sure.  Really appreciated how he broke down the token "rental" idea.   Perpetual harvesting at redemption windows. How altcoins with practical use will be the ones that have staying power.

The segment confirmed the three aspects (research reports, bot to bot trading and smart contracts) of Veritaseum as visualized.  Really good explanation of things.
Activity: 15
June 05, 2017, 10:10:11 AM
Hi everyone,

in this video at minute 8:00, Clif High gives a great explanation and the vast potential of Veritaseum, and he seems quite excited about it:
https://youtu.be/R8snogdLWSI?t=481
Activity: 22
June 04, 2017, 03:44:54 PM
I'm ALIVE!!! Excuse my infant technical brain as it adjusts to this new forum. Glad to have Veritaseum and looking forward to learning more on the potential future uses for this token/coin/smart contract/platform/tech-deity...

I know these forums are permeated by very left brain techie people, strange emotio-poetic excuberant rantings with no specified end goal in sight can be seen as simple trolling and bad behaviour. Let me assure you right now, that is not at all my intent. I will attempt to reconfigure my normal neuro-reactive tendencies to better fit into the neuro-format of this most esteemed forum of supremely logical people exploring the outer recesses of the unexplored Cryptoverse!!!

Processing...

might take a few minutes...

Ok, that should do it Smiley

Hi, just thought I'd introduce my self  Grin I'm an entrepreneur, currently working on a robot thing at Imperial and I'm very interested in Vertaseum and what it might be able to do for the future of IoT, if anyone has some specific insight let me know. Otherwise I will do my own due dilligence and research through all the Veritaseum info (Which I've only skimmed so far, but enough to invest heavily, relatively speaking).
Activity: 42
June 04, 2017, 02:07:20 PM

Makes sense. Thanks!
Activity: 136
Merit: 100
UltraCoin "Smart" Derivatives: The Future of Money
June 04, 2017, 10:35:57 AM
Jump to: