Author

Topic: VERITASEUM DISCUSSION THREAD - page 171. (Read 251011 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain
June 03, 2017, 06:10:39 AM
I couldn't agree more. In addition, some even use the interview Tone Vays had with Reggie (https://youtu.be/GfiTk8Z1Pa0) as proof that Veritaseum is a scam. It is laughable to say the least. I suspect someone out there is being paid a lot of money to misdirect potential participants, not only when it comes to Veritaseum, but crypto tokens in general. They normally lie and claim some form of authority.... "I am a software engineer," "I have been an investor in cryptos since the beginning, but this smells like a scam to me" and more. Press them a bit and it quickly becomes clear that they don't know what they are talking about.

In short: They are either bought and paid for or the dumbest trolls around!

I just took the time and trouble to watch the video to completion and these are what I can say:

1. The video itself does not indicate the Veritaseum project is a scam BUT the interviewer's concerns and confusions are certainly perfectly valid.
2. Reggie described the project as if it is a non-standardized service platform, which if that's the case then I believe the usage would be extremely limited. The main reason why the futures market is way more popularly participated (and most likely much bigger) than the forward market is probably because the futures market trades standardized contracts (never mind the 3rd-party involved which Veritaseum seeks to get rid of).
3. Reggie shifted his project from Bitcoin blockchain to Ethereum blockchain because of regulatory concerns. What regulatory concerns would impair the Veritaseum project and why is that so? Basically I don't believe anything will be allowed to continue persisting for long without regulatory oversight sooner or later, so if regulation is finally in place on both Bitcoin and Ethereum's blockchains, does that mean Veritaseum's project will be as good as gone?
4. I am still unclear of Reggie's regular customer base because this is very important to gauge the existing value of the Veritas tokens. If Reggie's customer base before Veritas existed was tiny, then it's very likely the ready market of potential customers to actually buy Veritas for Reggie's researches would be very very small too, thus limiting the price appreciation and adoption of Veritas tokens.
5. Has Reggie answered the interviewer's unanswered questions in the 2nd half of the video, or are they remain unanswered?
6. Ultracoin historical price chart is basically a failure and most likely no longer recoverable. What will Reggie do to stop the same pricing destiny from happening to Veritas?

Note: I am neither bought and paid for nor the dumbest troll. I am intelligent enough to pursue the CFA program thru self-study (passed Level 2 exam but dropped out because I can't find relevant job with it) with zero background and pursued computer programming (thru self-study as well) to develop my own proprietary trading algorithm program (on my own one-man show), so I believe I am both financially and technically competent to question, to say the least.

Beside that, I strongly believe Reggie needs to polish up his way of explaining things to make it more understandable to those who are not financially-inclined. Even I have a hard time trying to fit all the jigsaw pieces together without the need to ask for more questions. And finally, I strongly believe Veritas needs a good logo for it to catch potential stakeholders' attention.
Activity: 153
Merit: 100
June 03, 2017, 05:25:40 AM
You might have to re-add the VERI custom token.

That worked
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1010
Professional Native Greek Translator (2000+ done)
June 03, 2017, 05:17:03 AM

what are the contract details we need to add to MEW for VERI to show up?
Activity: 344
June 03, 2017, 05:07:56 AM
June 03, 2017, 04:55:16 AM
So all of a sudden my VERI tokens are not showing up in myetherwallet.com is it just me?

nevermind they show up if I click on "Tokens (Ethplorer.io)" . Before now they were just always displayed at the left. Oh well
June 03, 2017, 04:52:48 AM
So all of a sudden my VERI tokens are not showing up in myetherwallet.com is it just me?
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
June 02, 2017, 08:00:01 PM
The more I read & learn about Veritaseum, the more I think it is a brilliant concept. If some big players in the markets get on board this could be huge.
Activity: 97
June 02, 2017, 07:42:31 PM
I saw this video but assumed that it was old without looking at the date because it said UltraCoin. Do you know when that client was taken down and how long it was available for download before they took it down?

I cant seem to figure out where the VER will come into the picture beside to purchase his reports on coin?

All your questions are answered in this this thread, the presentation below, and Reggie Middleton's You Tube channel

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1FMyNvogofqojqG6nkIjgvvjAnsWs1qOtKUFExvtp_m0/pub?start=false&loop=false&delayms=3000&slide=id.p

Cheesy

Unless, of course, your questions are rhetorical ...
Activity: 166
June 02, 2017, 06:59:53 PM
I saw this video but assumed that it was old without looking at the date because it said UltraCoin. Do you know when that client was taken down and how long it was available for download before they took it down?

I cant seem to figure out where the VER will come into the picture beside to purchase his reports on coin?
Activity: 107
June 02, 2017, 05:52:28 PM
Is there anyway we can see a previous beta version. Links to people using the beta when it was out. Also when was the beta for the bitcoin platform released and how soon after its release was it taken down? I dont see how they kept working on it and not have anything to show for it a couple years later.

This is a video of Reggie presenting the platform. The peer to peer exchange was functional, and the most remarkable feature was being able to arbitrarily make long and short trades vs other assets as opposed to short the equity vs the US dollar. So for instance you could enter a trade to go Long GOOG and short MSFT. You staked your margin for the trade and then depending on which way the market went, it would swing your way or another. The trades were time limited so if you picked to assets with low volatility the trade might close with no to minimal loss for instance. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qEXsyC41Dw

The feature that was provided by veritaseum was the Oracle that allowed the trades to complete based on closing prices. Since it was a beta, the trades were made without requiring the Ultracoin's for each trade.

My understanding is that they are reworking this around Ethereum smart contracts which requires more work, although this should bring a degree of autonomy to the platform. Including a fee structure on the trades is needed to support ongoing development and demonstrate the need for the tokens, albeit even a small fee would increase demand and consumption of the tokens.

Activity: 166
June 02, 2017, 05:30:00 PM
Is there anyway we can see a previous beta version. Links to people using the beta when it was out. Also when was the beta for the bitcoin platform released and how soon after its release was it taken down? I dont see how they kept working on it and not have anything to show for it a couple years later.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
June 02, 2017, 01:15:58 PM
I think they're talking about the old UltraCoins.  The previous iteration of Veritaseum built on top of bitcoin used UltraCoins.

The previous version of the platform was a peer to peer asset trading platform based on bitcoin with a feature of no counterparty risk. It was incredibly smooth in operation and quite advanced. This was released, and at the same time consulting and services were purchasable with the first coins.

Shortly after the beta was released for trading, due to regulatory greyness, the trading platform was pulled from public download. Reggie and team continued to work on the big vision, and provided consulting services for those tokens. (in my estimate) The early token purchasers provided funds for growing this business to where we are now.

I knew they had a version in development before I just didn't know how far they got with it.  I guess that should put some of the doubters to rest. They already had/have a working BTC platform thats being ported over to Ethereum.  
Activity: 107
June 02, 2017, 11:38:50 AM
I think they're talking about the old UltraCoins.  The previous iteration of Veritaseum built on top of bitcoin used UltraCoins.

The previous version of the platform was a peer to peer asset trading platform based on bitcoin with a feature of no counterparty risk. It was incredibly smooth in operation and quite advanced. This was released, and at the same time consulting and services were purchasable with the first coins.

Shortly after the beta was released for trading, due to regulatory greyness, the trading platform was pulled from public download. Reggie and team continued to work on the big vision, and provided consulting services for those tokens. (in my estimate) The early token purchasers provided funds for growing this business to where we are now.
Activity: 344
June 02, 2017, 08:45:44 AM
What's old Veritas and new Veritas?

Were the Veritas tokens sold last month during the 1-month ICO period old or new?

If you've got some of those (from before the ICO) you should be able to exchange them for the new VERI tokens.
Activity: 392
Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain
June 02, 2017, 04:26:16 AM
What's old Veritas and new Veritas?

Were the Veritas tokens sold last month during the 1-month ICO period old or new?
Activity: 112
June 02, 2017, 04:05:58 AM
Thanks all!

Been looking at that EtherDelta exchange price for VERI/ETH... going the wrong way at the moment but time will tell! It's so illiquid at the moment anyway that the price on there is probably not reality. I think when big exchanges take this on we will see much more favourable prices and probably medium-to-long term growth with the usual shocks.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
June 01, 2017, 10:32:08 PM
How can the old veritas be exchanged for the new ones?

I would like to know also.

If you have old Veritas tokens please email me at [email protected]. We will have to set up a trade for you.
Activity: 119
Merit: 11
June 01, 2017, 09:21:44 PM
How can the old veritas be exchanged for the new ones?

I would like to know also.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
June 01, 2017, 09:06:49 PM
Hi all

Thanks for any and all replies to my questions.

I guess the next thing to ask then is: in myetherwallet, I can send ETH very easily as it's pretty obvious how to use that feature. But where it shows the VERI coins under "Tokens", how do I "select" (for want of a better word) these to send to an address please, rather than the main ETH balance?

Presumably I can send VERI to any regular ETH address just the same as sending ETH without any hiccups and they will see the VERI under "Tokens" in their wallet?

Thanks a million all!

To send VERI you first have to add the custom token to your wallet, you then should see a dropdown list when sending ETH. On this list will be VERI. Select VERI and send the amount you wish to send. When sensing VERI make sure that ghe wallet you are sending them to supports ERC20 tokens or else you will lose your tokens. So to answer your second question no you can not send VERI to any regular address, but many wallets do support ERC20 tokens.
Activity: 82
June 01, 2017, 06:27:40 PM
The website looks kind of old (2010), scammy. But I like the idea

Does this look like a scam? ... "I'm personally putting together Veritaseum's new office space in the heart of Time Square. Other surrounding offices believe me to be the handyman, apparently not familiar with my proclivity to get me hands dirty... Physically, intellectually, and in business!

https://www.facebook.com/reggie.middleton1

Wink

EDIT FOR BETTER LINK

Anything under construction is never pretty
Jump to: