Author

Topic: VERITASEUM DISCUSSION THREAD - page 173. (Read 251011 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
June 01, 2017, 01:36:03 AM
Activity: 588
Merit: 252
June 01, 2017, 01:09:33 AM
I want to ask when the bounty spreadsheet in going to be made public, I think it is better for the participants to know where we stand current, since the start of the campaign I don't think the team have mentioned making this public just to prevent all those claims that come during the distribution. I will also like to ask when the signature campaign is going to be over.

I think for fairness shake the bounty spreadsheet need to be made public no matter when the tokens will be distributed.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
June 01, 2017, 12:03:45 AM
The website looks kind of old (2010), scammy. But I like the idea
Activity: 37
May 31, 2017, 11:57:12 PM
Reggie, I see that Vinny Lingham is offering his Civic (CVC) tokens initially via ERC20 Ethereum tokens but will switch to Rootstock/Bitcoin at a later date. Rootstock because they believe bitcoin is the safer option.

Is this your plan also or are you fully committed to Ethereum?

We are still waiting to see how Rootstock develops.
Activity: 37
May 31, 2017, 11:26:44 PM
Reggie,

Do you have an estimate of when VERI will be available on exchanges?

Thanks

The tokens are expected to be on exchanges within 4 weeks.
Activity: 247
Merit: 250
May 31, 2017, 09:30:31 PM
Reggie, I see that Vinny Lingham is offering his Civic (CVC) tokens initially via ERC20 Ethereum tokens but will switch to Rootstock/Bitcoin at a later date. Rootstock because they believe bitcoin is the safer option.

Is this your plan also or are you fully committed to Ethereum?
Activity: 97
Activity: 112
May 31, 2017, 07:00:56 PM
Ok I'm gonna have to take some time to digest all that!! Thanks for the reply!
Activity: 129
Merit: 100
May 31, 2017, 06:58:44 PM
Any clues on when we see exchange listings? BAT did their ICO and listed in the same day on Liqui.io as did many other ETH ICOs the past few weeks.
Activity: 107
May 31, 2017, 06:56:33 PM
How do you swap VERI back to ETH via myetherwallet (or any other ether wallet out there) once these token start trading, please? (Instead of using an exchange, I'm presuming you can do a straight swap within the wallet as VERI are ERC20 compatible.... but I'm horribly new to this so may be totally wrong. Please help!)

Has anybody got a basic step-by-step instruction or link on how to do this?

I'm guessing the procedure is similar to how you had to purchase them during the ICO?
You use swap, and intend that there will be an exchange of VERI for ETH. Without use of a distributed exchange like etherdelta or 0x there is no enforcement that both parties exchange funds.

You would have to use a contract to make the trade you imply. Simply agreeing to exchange VERI tokens or ether would have no obligation.

I suppose you could use an m-of-n multi-signature address to hold both. This certainly makes it a lot more complicated than you probably want.

The original transaction for VERI purchase was mediated by the ERC20 token contract that was written to manage the offering of the VERI tokens. I am sure that when these are trading in volume we will exceed the original price. I would hold if you can.
Activity: 476
Merit: 251
May 31, 2017, 06:40:41 PM
I will pay you ETH for your VERI at the ICO ratio of 30:1.
Activity: 112
May 31, 2017, 06:22:26 PM
How do you swap VERI back to ETH via myetherwallet (or any other ether wallet out there) once these token start trading, please? (Instead of using an exchange, I'm presuming you can do a straight swap within the wallet as VERI are ERC20 compatible.... but I'm horribly new to this so may be totally wrong. Please help!)

Has anybody got a basic step-by-step instruction or link on how to do this?

I'm guessing the procedure is similar to how you had to purchase them during the ICO?

Many thanks!
May 31, 2017, 03:47:48 PM
I didn't mean to imply any sort of impropriety regarding the supply of tokens.  I'm just trying to understand what the ecosystem and liquidity environment will look like for the individual early adopter, who likely won't actually be using the tokens in the same way as institutions.

The tokens are a software object, exchangeable for services. Reggie and team have already released an eye opening valuation of the GNOSIS token. If you read that you should be able to make a decision on whether you wish to be long or short that token. This type of analysis is valuable and readily will give the purchaser a market edge.

The GNOSIS report was free. Future analysis will be exchanged for VERI tokens. I believe Augur (REP) is up next.

The institutions will come in to play in the future because their clients will want access to Reggie's expertise on Blockchain and Crypto products. These type of players will want large blocks of VERI to distribute to clients, or use themselves. Suppose a major bank wanted to offer this type of research to their clients? They would not be able to buy ONE report and distribute it because of copyright issues. They could offer token's to their clients and they would be able to purchase the reports they were interested in ala-cart.

Or maybe they would purchase an unlimited bundle, the going rate so far appears to be approximately $1,000 for a report, distributing this to 1,000 clients would take 130,763.775 VERI ($1,418,344.54 @ todays rate.)

A large institution would probably negotiate that down, say 75,000 VERI for unlimited reissues. This information is actionable, and is time sensitive.,So getting this in front of as many of your paying clients as possible is the best way to demonstrate value.
Activity: 10
May 31, 2017, 03:23:45 PM
My question is - will the floating supply of VERI tokens only ever be about 1 million or about 1% of total supply?

This is about the amount that was issued in the ICO to my knowledge - about 35K ether at 30-1 out of 100 million supply.

My understanding is that the rest of the supply will be sold to institutions directly.  Those tokens will then be used by said institutions to purchase research or run smart contracts and not released onto exchanges.

The reason an institution may use an exchange would be to either
1) Sell some tokens because they no longer find them to be useful (bad sign)
2) Buy tokens if they are trading below price of buying directly (which would take additional supply off the market)

Is this logic correct?  Any thoughts?

We sold many more than you quoted, closer to 60k eth or more. We need a large supply of tokens. Remember, they are appcoins and utility software, and a dearth of token supply would lead to an inoperable machine. We have been talking to chains of medical practices, caribbean governments, private equity and hedge funds in a move to get them to trade value via Veritas. Each institution that adopts Veritas raises the value of the ecosystem X times, thereby injecting value into each Veritas. We will not attempt to artificially limit the supply to give an appearance of increased demand. That's scammy. Much more money is to be made by actually increasing value through demand sourced from true problem being solved

Until liquidity improves, most institutions would rather source large blocks OTC  than go through an exchange.

I didn't mean to imply any sort of impropriety regarding the supply of tokens.  I'm just trying to understand what the ecosystem and liquidity environment will look like for the individual early adopter, who likely won't actually be using the tokens in the same way as institutions.
Activity: 97
May 31, 2017, 02:56:52 PM
Looked at the EtherDelta website.  My thoughts:
Didn't see a bid/ask or any offered price for VERI on EtherDelta even though the VERI ticker did appear for me using the coordinates we used for ICO transactions.
Cheers!

VERI has not been added to the list of swappable tokens for etherdelta. You may wish to contact the admin to let him know you are interested in this Token. I see that BAT has been added just recently so he is updating the list frequently.

Using this link you can see VERI. You have to enter the public address for it and all that but it comes up and viola...somehow 10:1 with ETH Smiley
https://etherdelta.github.io/#ETH-0x8f3470a7388c05ee4e7af3d01d8c722b0ff52374

Already 1/10th ETH!!! That's $22 per Veritas ... BEFORE even being listed on an exchange!! ... I'm rich biyatch!!!

Cheesy
May 31, 2017, 02:49:25 PM
Using this link you can see VERI. You have to enter the public address for it and all that but it comes up and viola...somehow 10:1 with ETH Smiley

Oh ok, I somehow missed that etherdelta allowed arbitrary ERC20 tokens. Yes this should function, though since it isn't easily accessible in the UI, so it may take awhile to get some volume.

Also we only have one side of the order book with no takers...
Activity: 2128
Merit: 530
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
May 31, 2017, 02:21:28 PM
I think the best exchanges to list VERI to get the most price appreciation are the ones in China.

I don't think the project gain much traction in Asia but it will be good to have Asia presence not even of China alone, Japan and Korea are both big player in the space currently
Activity: 42
May 31, 2017, 02:14:39 PM
Didn't see a bid/ask or any offered price for VERI on EtherDelta even though the VERI ticker did appear for me using the coordinates we used for ICO transactions.
Cheers!

VERI has not been added to the list of swappable tokens for etherdelta. You may wish to contact the admin to let him know you are interested in this Token. I see that BAT has been added just recently so he is updating the list frequently.

May 31, 2017, 02:05:27 PM
Cheers!

Activity: 82
May 31, 2017, 01:36:41 PM

Folks will/might need the public address to purchase?  The ICO public address link, is now inactive.  

Didn't see a bid/ask or any offered price for VERI on EtherDelta even though the VERI ticker did appear for me using the coordinates we used for myetherwallet.com ICO transactions.

Opening a wallet was really easy on EtherDelta but couldn't notice or prompt any GUI one normally sees on an exchange for sending or receiving crypto.  Could be I'm just blind.

Cheers!
Jump to: