Pages:
Author

Topic: VERITASEUM DISCUSSION THREAD - page 96. (Read 251011 times)

Activity: 53
Merit: 0
July 24, 2017, 01:04:30 PM
the tokens are literally wortheless

We knew that already. Thanks for the confirmation.
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
July 24, 2017, 12:56:50 PM
What a professional well run operation Reggie Middleton heads.  The issue is being dealt with, what happened could have happened/does happen to everyone.

Veritaseum continues to head northward, with good reason.  Cheers!
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
July 24, 2017, 12:44:14 PM
I would like to make it known that we had the option to fork VERI, but chose not to. At the end of the day, the amount stolen was miniscule (less than 00.07%) although the dollar amount was quite material.

How did you came up with this math magic, 00.07% of all VERI? $8,400,000.00 is a LOT and represents, 1.82% out of the $460M MC on July 23 or 2.24% out of the $375 MM on the time of writing. (July 24th, 12:05 PM EST)

Now, you can see how inconsequential the mere hack of a few million dollars

You're like Dimitry Karamazov, "yes, I drunk up half of your money but I am not a thief. For if I were a thief I would've drunk up 100%". Than again, after drinking up another half of what has remained...

Do not fucking downplay the seriousness of the heist. Or a "mere" $84M could be next in line.

Damn.

Cut the man some slack. He is in damage control mode. He's doing his best to ensure the price of VERI stays high enough for next inconsequential "hack".
Activity: 476
Merit: 251
July 24, 2017, 12:13:40 PM
LOL, People actually take the predictions seriously? I know Clif's been fairly accurate lately on some things, but anyone who puts their full faith and trust into predictions - no matter the methodology or who they come from - deserve to be disappointed.

Laugh all you want, but I have to give clif high credit for providing leads that have netted me more cryptocurrency balances than I could have imagined without his work.  It has nothing to do with full faith and trust.   It has to do with understanding what edge predictive linguistics affords.  As for me, and I know many others, it is working.
I'm not laughing. All I'm saying is that no one should be surprised or shocked when he gets one wrong, which does and will happen from time to time.

Lavalampoon claims to have put "a lot into VERI" on the basis of Clif's prediction as if it is a "sure thing." I hope it works out, but don't come crying to us if/when it doesn't.
Activity: 1568
Merit: 283
July 24, 2017, 12:07:08 PM
I would like to make it known that we had the option to fork VERI, but chose not to. At the end of the day, the amount stolen was miniscule (less than 00.07%) although the dollar amount was quite material.

How did you came up with this math magic, 00.07% of all VERI? $8,400,000.00 is a LOT and represents, 1.82% out of the $460M MC on July 23 or 2.24% out of the $375 MM on the time of writing. (July 24th, 12:05 PM EST)

You're like Dimitry Karamazov, "yes, I drunk up half of your money but I am not a thief. For if I were a thief I would've drunk up 100%". Than again, after drinking up another half of what has remained...

Do not fucking downplay the seriousness of the heist. Or a "mere" $84M could be next in line.

Damn.
Activity: 308
July 24, 2017, 10:19:03 AM
We were hacked, possibly by a group. The hack seemed to be very sophisticated, but there is at least one corporate partner that may have dropped the ball and be liable. We'll let the lawyers sort that out, if it goes that far.

Although I hate to see assets stolen, and I hate theives, the incident proved both the resilient demand for our tokens and the utility of the decentralized exchange EtherDelta.

The hacker(s) made away with $8.4M worth of tokens, and dumped all of them within a few hours into a heavy cacophony of demand. This is without the public knowing anything about our last traction.

Another point that I would like to make clear is that Veritaseum tokens are software that represent our knowledge, advisory and consulting skills, products and capabilities. Without the Veritaseum team, the tokens are literally wortheless! If someone were to someone confiscate 100% of the available tokens, all we need to do is refuse to stand behind them and recreate the token under a new contract. Again, we aren't selling currencies, we aren't selling securities. We are selling capabilities, and ability for those capabiliteis to connect parties P2P for the autonomous transfer of value. You can get away with a large securiteis heist, or a large currency heist. The Veritaseum team is what powers the value behind the Veritas token. A large theft of those tokens after a fork is as valuable as stealing 90M empty plastic cups.

The "marketcap" as the media likes to refer to, may seem high to those who don't understand how we employ platform economics, but those who understand should see that number as drastically undervalued. We have a roadshow for the NYC & Conneticut hedge funds next week. The Sr. partner of distressed credit of one of the world's largest funds specifically took the meeting after hearing about what we are doing. "This is big, very big" (that is an exact quote from the person who arranged the meeitng, who is a 40 yr veteran of Wall Streat, a literal brand name know by nearly every experienced professional - someone who had aggressively jumped on board team Veritaseum to assist in business development), for we are simultamesouly lining up private and sovereign credits to Veritize. This is in addition to what may be our final meeting with one of the world's top ten securities exchanges to use our product. That is in addtion to our Veritizing a medical practice as a showcase for doctors and healthcare biz pros around the world to emulate (using Veritas, of course). Think of us just capturing 50 basis points of all of the medical practices and related healthcare businesses in the world https://www2.deloitte.com/content/dam/Deloitte/global/Documents/Life-Sciences-Health-Care/gx-lshc-2017-health-care-outlook-infographic.pdf
Which will actually scale exponentially with out financial industry dealings (assuming we can capture .02% of that http://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/030515/what-percentage-global-economy-comprised-financial-services-sector.asp
We have already landed the Jamaican Stock Exchange as VERI client just 30 days after the initial token offering. Actually, quite amazing...

Cool story bro! We believe you. When is the next "hack" coming?
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
July 24, 2017, 10:03:50 AM
We were hacked, possibly by a group. The hack seemed to be very sophisticated, but there is at least one corporate partner that may have dropped the ball and be liable. We'll let the lawyers sort that out, if it goes that far.
Hacker's gonna hack. They stole VERI because it was valuable. This on top of the Parity Multisig wallet debacle is troubling. Even with the patched wallet I'm not sure Parity can be trusted. The solidity language has ease of use and some crazy default assumptions that make security gotchas like the Parity wallet snafu a constant fact of life.

I'm hoping you can move this along and provide the stakeholders assurance that the remaining tokens are in an off-line wallet, secure and ready for sale to the large institutions and funds that need them for business!
Activity: 606
Merit: 500
July 24, 2017, 09:12:17 AM

Although I hate to see assets stolen, and I hate theives, the incident proved both the resilient demand for our tokens and the utility of the decentralized exchange EtherDelta.

The hacker(s) made away with $8.4M worth of tokens, and dumped all of them within a few hours into a heavy cacophony of demand. This is without the public knowing anything about our last traction.

Another point that I would like to make clear is that Veritaseum tokens are software that represent our knowledge, advisory and consulting skills, products and capabilities. Without the Veritaseum team, the tokens are literally wortheless! If someone were to someone confiscate 100% of the available tokens, all we need to do is refuse to stand behind them and recreate the token under a new contract. Again, we aren't selling currencies, we aren't selling securities. We are selling capabilities, and ability for those capabiliteis to connect parties P2P for the autonomous transfer of value. You can get away with a large securiteis heist, or a large currency heist. The Veritaseum team is what powers the value behind the Veritas token. A large theft of those tokens after a fork is as valuable as stealing 90M empty plastic cups.

The "marketcap" as the media likes to refer to, may seem high to those who don't understand how we employ platform economics, but those who understand should see that number as drastically overvalued. We have a roadshow for the NYC & Conneticut hedge funds next week. The Sr. partner of distressed credit of one of the world's largest funds specifically took the meeting after hearing about what we are doing. "This is big, very big" (that is an exact quote from the person who arranged the meeitng, who is a 40 yr veteran of Wall Streat, a literal brand name know by nearly every experienced professional - someone who had aggressively jumped on board team Veritaseum to assist in business development), for we are simultamesouly lining up private and sovereign credits to Veritize. This is in addition to what may be our final meeting with one of the world's top ten securities exchanges to use our product. That is in addtion to our Veritizing a medical practice as a showcase for doctors and healthcare biz pros around the world to emulate (using Veritas, of course). Think of us just capturing 50 basis points of all of the medical practices and related healthcare businesses in the world https://www2.deloitte.com/content/dam/Deloitte/global/Documents/Life-Sciences-Health-Care/gx-lshc-2017-health-care-outlook-infographic.pdf
Which will actually scale exponentially with out financial industry dealings (assuming we can capture .02% of that http://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/030515/what-percentage-global-economy-comprised-financial-services-sector.asp
We have already landed the Jamaican Stock Exchange as VERI client just 30 days after the initial token offering. Actually, quite amazing...

great reggie! is a pleasure to read you to explain against all the trolls on the web!
Activity: 136
UltraCoin "Smart" Derivatives: The Future of Money
July 24, 2017, 09:05:34 AM

The "marketcap" as the media likes to refer to, may seem high to those who don't understand how we employ platform economics, but those who understand should see that number as drastically undervalued. We have a roadshow for the NYC & Conneticut hedge funds next week. The Sr. partner of distressed credit of one of the world's largest funds specifically took the meeting after hearing about what we are doing. "This is big, very big" (that is an exact quote from the person who arranged the meeitng, who is a 40 yr veteran of Wall Streat, a literal brand name know by nearly every experienced professional - someone who had aggressively jumped on board team Veritaseum to assist in business development), for we are simultamesouly lining up private and sovereign credits to Veritize. This is in addition to what may be our final meeting with one of the world's top ten securities exchanges to use our product. That is in addtion to our Veritizing a medical practice as a showcase for doctors and healthcare biz pros around the world to emulate (using Veritas, of course). Think of us just capturing 50 basis points of all of the medical practices and related healthcare businesses in the world https://www2.deloitte.com/content/dam/Deloitte/global/Documents/Life-Sciences-Health-Care/gx-lshc-2017-health-care-outlook-infographic.pdf

Activity: 935
Merit: 1001
I don't always drink...
July 24, 2017, 09:01:32 AM
I see some "filthy rich" holders with 1 address heavily loaded with various erc20 tokens worth some $ millions.
This is a potential danger because if this account gets hacked, ALL the tokens will be lost.
By right, the holder should generate multiple offline addresses and transfer a portion of each token to each of the addresses for cold storage.
So in case of mistake, the holder only lose a small portion, instead of everything.

I suppose the hack was due to phishing sites like myetherwaillet, myetherwalliet, etc.

I suspect it's a bit more complex than that.   Grin
Activity: 402
Merit: 45
July 24, 2017, 08:59:52 AM
I see some "filthy rich" holders with 1 address heavily loaded with various erc20 tokens worth some $ millions.
This is a potential danger because if this account gets hacked, ALL the tokens will be lost.
By right, the holder should generate multiple offline addresses and transfer a portion of each token to each of the addresses for cold storage.
So in case of mistake, the holder only lose a small portion, instead of everything.

I suppose the hack was due to phishing sites like myetherwaillet, myetherwalliet, etc.
Activity: 46
July 24, 2017, 08:03:12 AM
LOL, People actually take the predictions seriously? I know Clif's been fairly accurate lately on some things, but anyone who puts their full faith and trust into predictions - no matter the methodology or who they come from - deserve to be disappointed.

Laugh all you want, but I have to give clif high credit for providing leads that have netted me more cryptocurrency balances than I could have imagined without his work.  It has nothing to do with full faith and trust.   It has to do with understanding what edge predictive linguistics affords.  As for me, and I know many others, it is working.

A smooth 3000% call till now on Veritaseum... shame on you Clif  Wink
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188
July 24, 2017, 07:30:29 AM

It has to do with understanding what edge predictive linguistics affords.  As for me, and I know many others, it is working.

I think it has more to do with people buying whatever Clif High says they should buy than any "edge predictive linguistics".

Self fulfilling prophecies Wink
Activity: 58
July 24, 2017, 07:20:35 AM

Dammit!

Ethereum ICO Veritaseum Suffers $4.5 Million Hack
http://www.altcointoday.com/ethereum-ico-veritaseum-suffers-4-5-million-hack/

Today is the Clif's 24th, maybe the good news will be: "Veritaseum hackers caught, money returned to its rightful owners!" One can only hope.
Activity: 58
July 24, 2017, 07:08:54 AM

Someone stole ~$32M (~153k ether) from three multisig wallets.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/6oat8e/someone_stole_32m_153k_ether_from_three_multisig/

https://twitter.com/myetherwallet

MyEtherWallet.com‏ @myetherwallet 1h1 hour ago

1 Do not panic. Panic makes things worse
2 If you use MyEtherWallet, you ARE NOT AT RISK
3 Carefully move your funds to a new account ASAP

Can someone contact Veritaseum people and inform them about this hack. Is VERI ICO wallet safe?

Dammit!

Ethereum ICO Veritaseum Suffers $4.5 Million Hack
http://www.altcointoday.com/ethereum-ico-veritaseum-suffers-4-5-million-hack/

Activity: 935
Merit: 1001
I don't always drink...
July 24, 2017, 06:46:40 AM

Activity: 12
July 24, 2017, 06:30:01 AM
A few quick points;

1. A 1.5% increase in the circulating supply is NOTHING.

2. Reggie lost only a tiny fraction of the coins he controls (~0.05% of his wallet)

3. Clif High's data is very accurate, and he said that there would be some news related to Veritaseum around the 24th/25th. Don't forget about Jamaica.

4. Who cares about short term downside, were in this for the long haul, just buy more!
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
July 24, 2017, 04:36:45 AM
1. It's not a "coin". It's a token - huge difference.

2. It "would" be great if its success was based on quantifiable fundamentals as opposed to Clif High's fanbase buying it and Gliss complying with under-reporting the marketcap by a factor of 50
Activity: 53
July 24, 2017, 04:28:47 AM
Clif High's prediction for a high VERI price on July 24th isn't looking so good, perhaps the web bot data actually suggested a strong drop. Sucks for me, I put a lot into VERI this past week.

People who have been buying the VERI tokens that a "hacker" sold on EtherDelta should consider that Reggie may have just lost his financial incentive to continue the project. Then again, what else would Reggie actually do after investing so much into this? We'll soon see the core of his passions by whether he endures.

Hmm, what kind of organization would have the ability to hack 2FA twice? Who would have the incentive to slam VERI just a day before high price expectations set by Clif? It seems an individual hacker would have waited a day in case of higher prices (assuming that he/she follows Clif High). It seems a corporate or government agency would have the most incentive to slam VERI a day before high expectations. I do not presume that any government actually works for our interests, neither collective nor individual. May this be designed as yet another excuse for our masters to crack the whip for more regulation of our affairs "for our own good"?

Another possibility should also be considered. Do we know if Reggie actually had more than hopes and dreams to sell us? We might not know because only people that signed an NDA were allowed to know the details. A scenario that investigators must consider is that Reggie invented a hacker story for a token liquidation, tax write off, and reasonable excuse to exit the project. Which erc20 wallets use 2FA? Why wasn't Reggie using a hardware wallet for amounts so great? Hopefully Reggie didn't pull a Danny Brewster (NEOBEE) on us as he joins his relatives in Jamaica with couple million worth of crypto. Such concerns come from painful experience.

Andreas Antonopoulos is one of a couple advocates of NEOBEE that lost some credibility when Danny Brewster had lied and disappeared. I wonder if Clif High, Bix Weir, and Joe (jsnip4) will likewise lose followers from this. The Populous token already lost a lot of value along with VERI. The elevated prices of many markets could be affected by this theft. Confidence has been shaken.

I suppose one positive is that more VERI would actually circulate if the project endures.

All an orchestrated scam. So obvious. That's why major exchanges stay well clear of veritaseum.
Activity: 46
July 24, 2017, 04:12:26 AM
Reggie himself never said there will be an announcment for 24th. But you can invest short-term, sell out an buy a car or whatever and drive to work with it or you trust in Reggie and team and look forward to buying your dream house and spend all summer long next to the pool.
Invest = risk, never forget that. But never found a lower risk than Veritaseum headed by Reggie+team
Pages:
Jump to: