Pages:
Author

Topic: Vertcoin - 1 | ASIC - 0 | Lyra2RE | Decentralised | GPU Mineable | Open Source - page 25. (Read 415428 times)

Activity: 241
Merit: 100
many miners go to zcash, from the standpoint of mining vrt looks good, but price ... and a view of the future looks badly oh badly  Roll Eyes
Zcash does look interesting. I'm waiting for it to settle before I do anything with it. The price started around 1.5 btc and now it's around .2 btc . The creator of vertcoin made that .

zcash goes to the correct supply only, so the price quickly drops. Miners went where the money. Vertcoin any added value for 2 years, a year and will be typing to delist poloniex
You think vertcoin is going to delisted from polo ?
many miners go to zcash, from the standpoint of mining vrt looks good, but price ... and a view of the future looks badly oh badly  Roll Eyes
Zcash does look interesting. I'm waiting for it to settle before I do anything with it. The price started around 1.5 btc and now it's around .2 btc . The creator of vertcoin made that .

Poramin didn't make Zcash (or Zcoin). His former professor at Johns Hopkins, Matthew Green, is an author on both of the papers describing these protocols ( http://zerocoin.org/media/pdf/ZerocoinOakland.pdf and http://zerocash-project.org/media/pdf/zerocash-extended-20140518.pdf ), Poramin Insom is not. The creator of vertcoin (Poramin) implemented zerocoin, first in a closed source scam called Zerovert, and now later in a hugely instamined coin called Zcoin. He is unaffiliated with Zcash (which is also scammy) afaik.

Ah, I was getting zcoin and zcash mixed up . I stand corrected
wgd
legendary
Activity: 1815
Merit: 1005

zcash goes to the correct supply only, so the price quickly drops. Miners went where the money. Vertcoin any added value for 2 years, a year and will be typing to delist poloniex
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116

Poramin didn't make Zcash (or Zcoin). His former professor at Johns Hopkins, Matthew Green, is an author on both of the papers describing these protocols ( http://zerocoin.org/media/pdf/ZerocoinOakland.pdf and http://zerocash-project.org/media/pdf/zerocash-extended-20140518.pdf ), Poramin Insom is not. The creator of vertcoin (Poramin) implemented zerocoin, first in a closed source scam called Zerovert, and now later in a hugely instamined coin called Zcoin. He is unaffiliated with Zcash (which is also scammy) afaik.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
Nobody has a crystal ball, so you never know.
Some homeless guy can be richer than you are the next week.
We just have to wait it out. Yes i know it has taken ages already, lost my mind quite a few times already but well i just can't do anything about it but wait.

The price will go up, even if no development comes. But how much time we need to wait for that... that is something we don't know!
Activity: 161
Nobody has a crystal ball, so you never know.
Some homeless guy can be richer than you are the next week.
We just have to wait it out. Yes i know it has taken ages already, lost my mind quite a few times already but well i just can't do anything about it but wait.
wgd
legendary
Activity: 161
so meaning this coin will die soon?
So you're saying it's still alive?
Lol as long as people are still mining Vert it will stay alive ofcourse.
And the hashrate was increasing slowly few weeks ago, but has dropped a bit but still decent.
I say we do something else if EVM has too many cons, we don't want any problems with the chain or whatever.
Hope more people respond so it seems more serious, we don't take this too seriously imo
Activity: 896
Merit: 553
so meaning this coin will die soon?
Are the devs active in this forum?

Sometimes

is there a development in progress? any roadmap i can take a look at?

I just want to know where the project is standing at currently?

There is supposed to be an official announcement regarding EVM implementation with Vert which the time table is "soon", but that word has a certain connotation in crypto.

It's being discussed. There seems to more cons though . It anyone is a developer that wants to jump on the team, then things would go faster

I can't help, so I caint complain!
I will donate when I see something happening, something concrete.
In the meantime, I'll be here.
Best of luck to you etang6000, in your work !
I'll be waiting for your posts, and for some good news.
etang has said many times that nothing is going to just happen. Either we need a skilled developer to hop on the team that cares about VTC and will work for the betterment of Vert for free or we need a decent chunk of change to support such a developer, but neither of these things are happening and we are stuck at this crossroad twiddling our thumbs. Ideas are great but if there is no one here to put fourth those ideas into action then whats the point? The community is loyal but no one has stepped forward to support a dev in the way that we need one and it seems like none of us are in a position to do that. How can we move forward in a situation like this?

Don't know. But if we keep this discussion alive, maby we will come up with something.
I'm willing to donate, but, I don't want to throw money. And it will be small amount, and if I'm gona be only one, it wont change anything.

Activity: 229

Sometimes

There is supposed to be an official announcement regarding EVM implementation with Vert which the time table is "soon", but that word has a certain connotation in crypto.

It's being discussed. There seems to more cons though . It anyone is a developer that wants to jump on the team, then things would go faster

etang has said many times that nothing is going to just happen. Either we need a skilled developer to hop on the team that cares about VTC and will work for the betterment of Vert for free or we need a decent chunk of change to support such a developer, but neither of these things are happening and we are stuck at this crossroad twiddling our thumbs. Ideas are great but if there is no one here to put fourth those ideas into action then whats the point? The community is loyal but no one has stepped forward to support a dev in the way that we need one and it seems like none of us are in a position to do that. How can we move forward in a situation like this?

Sometimes

what? discussion? half a year you discuss is how much they will work? 10 years?  Shocked
Ok?👏
wgd
legendary
what? discussion? half a year you discuss is how much they will work? 10 years?  Shocked

Sometimes

Activity: 229

Sometimes

Sometimes

No roadmap, projects are currently being discussed.
Activity: 734
Merit: 500

Sometimes

Activity: 734
Merit: 500
Pages:
Jump to: