Pages:
Author

Topic: Vertcoin - 1 | ASIC - 0 | Lyra2RE | Decentralised | GPU Mineable | Open Source - page 56. (Read 415431 times)

legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116

1/4 from all Vertcoin in 1 address -> it's dangerous for every coin
Why?

It's kind of strange more than anything else. Almost like a trophy for someone. I don't think it's really dangerous, per se, but I think it is kind of off-putting to people considering buying/mining/using Vertcoin - why would you want to use a "currency" when one single address holds 25% of all that exist. It's possible it is an exchange's cold wallet address, but I've had people tell me that's not the case. It would be trivial for the owner to split the massive sum into many smaller addresses, giving the illusion of a broader distribution of the coin, but they choose not to do that, which is why I said maybe it is like a trophy for someone.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
well hope we see a little more price action soon as its hard to trade with current volume... maybe there is a pump incoming  Roll Eyes

Just wait long enough, eventually we will see another pump like we did see a couple of months ago.
For some reason vertcoin has become a pump & dump coin, investors lost their confidence clearly.
What would somebody want with six million Vertcoins? Discuss.

You hold 1/4 the coins at that point.

Lets just say you come out with something that everyone wants, or at least a group of people need, and you only take Vertcoin as payment. And you keep holding the incoming coins. Or lets say you just buy most of the available coins left and keep mining tough with 100+ GPUs, all the while doubling (or more) the hashrate by purchasing a massive amount of power from nicehash. Then you can keep a lot of the created coins and keep buying the inventory. Eventually your only left with holders and those who can only mine a tiny amount of coins for a very high cost and won't sell for cheap anymore.

Imagine if you had a whole group of well funded people doing any the above together.

You could also just inflate the volume on a bunch of exchanges by buying a lot and moving the coins around making a massive pump, but instead of dumping (you cant dump 6 million coins...) you sustain the pump by one of the means listed above.

I've been thinking about offering a ton of bounties to get the attention back on this coin again. Its my favorite coin, I've been mining and buying since almost day one, and I hold a fair share. Its in my best interest and that of many others to bring this coin back into the spotlight. But not until we get all the floating coins for dirt cheap first. No need to start the wave too soon. We have plenty of time.  Wink

BTW. With the Vertcoin price being way below the cost to mine its a great time to have a strong accumulation phase right now. I picked up another hundred thousand or two for a few BTC this last week or so. If it goes down lower or stays this low I'm going to keep mining other coins and converting to Vert because I think we can easily go 10X higher than this again given the right push in the future. Me and some friends/contacts have a few plans in the works...
So really what you are saying is that, if someone has six million Vert then, at some point a pump must be inevitable?

Why?
Activity: 240
Merit: 250
yes some attention is needed and a little update on the coin from the devs every few weeks would be good because as much as people say they dont have to ,new investors in anything like tech support. As well as getting it out there mainstream again,one of the few original coins still alive and well..
legendary
Activity: 1120
well hope we see a little more price action soon as its hard to trade with current volume... maybe there is a pump incoming  Roll Eyes

Just wait long enough, eventually we will see another pump like we did see a couple of months ago.
For some reason vertcoin has become a pump & dump coin, investors lost their confidence clearly.

Lets just say you come out with something that everyone wants, or at least a group of people need, and you only take Vertcoin as payment. And you keep holding the incoming coins. Or lets say you just buy most of the available coins left and keep mining tough with 100+ GPUs, all the while doubling (or more) the hashrate by purchasing a massive amount of power from nicehash. Then you can keep a lot of the created coins and keep buying the inventory. Eventually your only left with holders and those who can only mine a tiny amount of coins for a very high cost and won't sell for cheap anymore.

Imagine if you had a whole group of well funded people doing any the above together.

You could also just inflate the volume on a bunch of exchanges by buying a lot and moving the coins around making a massive pump, but instead of dumping (you cant dump 6 million coins...) you sustain the pump by one of the means listed above.

I've been thinking about offering a ton of bounties to get the attention back on this coin again. Its my favorite coin, I've been mining and buying since almost day one, and I hold a fair share. Its in my best interest and that of many others to bring this coin back into the spotlight. But not until we get all the floating coins for dirt cheap first. No need to start the wave too soon. We have plenty of time.  Wink

BTW. With the Vertcoin price being way below the cost to mine its a great time to have a strong accumulation phase right now. I picked up another hundred thousand or two for a few BTC this last week or so. If it goes down lower or stays this low I'm going to keep mining other coins and converting to Vert because I think we can easily go 10X higher than this again given the right push in the future. Me and some friends/contacts have a few plans in the works...
So really what you are saying is that, if someone has six million Vert then, at some point a pump must be inevitable?

legendary

Activity: 338
Merit: 251

Activity: 338
Merit: 251
I send 2 coins to my webwallet;  https://wallet.coinme.ca   yesterday...nothing.
 Is it still working ?

Lol, two coins. Well, whats the progress on this?

I don't use "webwallets" personally and if you've been around the crypto block a few times you'll learn that many have turned out to be straight scams. They wait until there are a lot of coins in there and then vanish. I'm not saying that this one is a scam at all, but there is a saying that if you don't have coins in your own client than you don't own coins.

Why don't you just download the client and run your own wallet? That way your 100% in control of your hard earned coins.
Activity: 280
I send 2 coins to my webwallet;  https://wallet.coinme.ca   yesterday...nothing.
 Is it still working ?
legendary

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

legendary
Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018
One single miner on give-me-coins has just under 1/3rd of the entire network hashrate.  Another miner has just over half of that miner's hashrate.  I would guess that the botnets are back on this one.

They both arrived together, mined for about 8 hours and then both left together so I would guess that they were both controlled by the same person.  
legendary
Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018
One single miner on give-me-coins has just under 1/3rd of the entire network hashrate.  Another miner has just over half of that miner's hashrate.  I would guess that the botnets are back on this one.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
It seems Vertcoin rapidly losing the trust  of users and capitalization. Now this coin is held only by the Chinese clowns who bought it when the price to was a overpriced  Cheesy

I see, newbie FUD-comments coming in. TIME TO BUY!!!!  Grin
well i know one thing if BTC can ever get back to even 900 this coin will be at .15 of a dollar and if your holding alot thats big money , only have to wait and really hope for some Dev updates even if there not doing much,constant interaction on the forum with supporters goes along way
legendary
Vertcoin another step down to the  bottom to the very end  Cool

Well just buy more DMD then, and GTFO.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013
DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/
Vertcoin another step down to the  bottom to the very end  Cool

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
What the correct config file to mine it solo ?

Check out this site:
http://www.verters.com/mining-vertcoin

Make sure to follow the instruction correctly and you will be mining VTC in no time.
Activity: 164
Merit: 100
What the correct config file to mine it solo ?
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003
How high is the inflation per day?

How long does vert exist?

At this price level inflation does not matter. There is just lack of interest due to lack of promotion and further development.
Pages:
Jump to: