Pages:
Author

Topic: Very stable BTC dominance - page 2. (Read 1536 times)

Activity: 950
Merit: 517
April 22, 2019, 02:57:43 AM
I find BTC is the leader of the pack, the other 5 or 10 major crypto currencies are always following the trends that btc is taking.
If bitcoin fall down the rest will falls down with it, I cant see in the future that BTC will be replace by any other crypto currency.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 38
April 20, 2019, 01:50:49 PM
Since the dump from 6500$ (and actually since sept.) btc dominance has been very stable, around 53%.
However it appears previous bear market phases always had an impact on the indicator.

How do you explains this at all?

/edit: details
Since september Bitcoin went from $6500 to $5500
Then 5500 to 4200
Then 4200 to 3700
Then 3700 to 4300
Then 4300 to 3300

BTC and the whole cryptomarket are falling absolutely proportionately. It remains at 53%
Previously it wasn't the case. Dec 13 it fell from 96% to 87%. Strong movements in the markets pretty much always translated in a different dominance afterwards.

Note that the absolute value of btc dominance (53%), high/low, is not my point at all.
Also speculations on BTC aren't the point, it's only about understanding the current stability of btc dominance, if it has any meaning.
in this time the Bitcoin stability will be the difference when comparing to the previous time and it made lots of confidence about the investing thoughts today so when it developed right now it will also came with the stability so the investors had the time to made a decision and took the right decision also
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
April 20, 2019, 10:24:14 AM
Nice
Activity: 602
Merit: 111
April 20, 2019, 10:20:32 AM
Since the dump from 6500$ (and actually since sept.) btc dominance has been very stable, around 53%.
However it appears previous bear market phases always had an impact on the indicator.

How do you explains this at all?

/edit: details
Since september Bitcoin went from $6500 to $5500
Then 5500 to 4200
Then 4200 to 3700
Then 3700 to 4300
Then 4300 to 3300

BTC and the whole cryptomarket are falling absolutely proportionately. It remains at 53%
Previously it wasn't the case. Dec 13 it fell from 96% to 87%. Strong movements in the markets pretty much always translated in a different dominance afterwards.

Note that the absolute value of btc dominance (53%), high/low, is not my point at all.
Also speculations on BTC aren't the point, it's only about understanding the current stability of btc dominance, if it has any meaning.
when we see the development of Bitcoin it is more dominant in the Crypto market so we cannot say the other currencies have the opportunity to make the development of Bitcoin and it will not been probably not possible for any type of investment.
Activity: 565
Merit: 100
BountyMarketCap
April 20, 2019, 09:51:05 AM
investing in cryptocurrency is a very high risk if we don't understand correctly about market movements because the market is very difficult to predict and move wildly,I think it is quite stable, the price of bitcoin is priced at $ 5000 to $ 6500 and at the end of 2018 there is no price surge like many people predicted.
Activity: 634
Merit: 128
April 20, 2019, 05:02:44 AM
I think we may need more time to see how the price of Bitcoin evolves.
one of the risks in investment with crypto currency is the prediction of the development of prices no one can know for sure of course patience and patience is the most important capital
copper member
Activity: 546
Merit: 1
April 19, 2019, 10:43:25 PM
It has been around 50-54% percent for more than 8 months. Not sure if it is a bull indicator but last time when the bull trend started the dominance went to 37%. In a mature market, BTC dominance should be around 5% (similar to gold dominance among the fiat market).
actually bitcoin will always dominate and maybe not there will be an altcoin that can replace the dominance of bitcoin, if it gets to bitcoin until it is replaced,
there may be an imbalance in terms of price or community, so bitcoin must still dominate
Activity: 1344
Merit: 253
April 19, 2019, 10:02:30 PM
It has been around 50-54% percent for more than 8 months. Not sure if it is a bull indicator but last time when the bull trend started the dominance went to 37%. In a mature market, BTC dominance should be around 5% (similar to gold dominance among the fiat market).
We will never know what will happen to the market if the dominance will drop at that level.
Maybe that time bitcoin will be hard to manipulate since some coins are already taking a good percentage in dominance.
Now, bitcoin is still at more or less 50% dominant rate, as it fluctuates.
I agree, currently bitcoin is still dominant, so every move will be followed by other coins. but if the market has spread, it will be difficult for bitcoin to influence other coins, but whether that will happen, I don't think anyone knows yet, because bitcoin will still retain its influence
Activity: 2772
Merit: 645
No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small
April 19, 2019, 09:46:37 PM
We will never know what will happen to the market if the dominance will drop at that level.
Maybe that time bitcoin will be hard to manipulate since some coins are already taking a good percentage in dominance.
Now, bitcoin is still at more or less 50% dominant rate, as it fluctuates.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 520
Aleph.im
April 19, 2019, 09:27:44 PM
legendary
Activity: 1229
Merit: 1001
April 19, 2019, 06:27:04 PM
Bitcoin will always be dominant there is just noting close to it it seemed like Ethereum and ripple had a small chance of getting close to it but it was never really sustainable.
Noting can keep up
Activity: 2730
Merit: 632
April 19, 2019, 03:30:27 PM
Indeed the bitcoin dominance was always over 50% as i know and this can be good for bitcoin holders and also for traders, maybe this can help in future to have a huge price.
When it comes to Bitcoin dominance then theres no doubt that no alts would able to surpass it out but there are times which they are mostly tied up with ETH on previous years when it comes
to dominance percentage but eventually the market twist up again and arranging for us to see that who's boss on the entire crypto market.Seeing dominance do really put some confidence yet
you would able to presume the possible potential ahead.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 516
April 19, 2019, 03:25:55 PM
Indeed the bitcoin dominance was always over 50% as i know and this can be good for bitcoin holders and also for traders, maybe this can help in future to have a huge price.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 108
April 17, 2019, 04:42:26 PM
If we look at the entire period of the development of the cryptocurrency market, we will see a tendency towards a constant decrease in the level of Bitcoin dominance over other types of cryptocurrencies. This decrease is characterized by lowering the bitcoin capitalization level. This is apparently a natural process. as other types of cryptocurrency are developing, which take a significant part of the investment. Apparently, this trend will continue. It is likely that the time will come when Bitcoin may lose its price dominance. After that, the market will begin to work entirely on new principles.
Activity: 2772
Merit: 645
No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small
January 10, 2019, 01:39:41 AM
Its true that bitcoin dominance cryptomarket more than 50% and i think its because most altcoin drop the price more than 90%. Like ethereum, after the price reach highest at $1400, the price drop below $100 and ethereum dominance drop below 15%.
If this continue, i think its not good for altcoin growth because the project can not working well
Yes, at the moment the price of Bitcoin is very stable if we look after a sharp decline from $ 6400 to $ 3500, and now prices look positive to go back up, hopefully there will be no decline this year, only increases and increases.
Yes now id is getting better and more people are buying so this is the reason again positive mode is on. I am sure this year we will not have to face any decline but the will be many increase because investors are increasing day by day so as we know the increase in number of investors is the increase in price automatically.
I like more on the price than the dominance because I did not focus in investing with bitcoin alone, altcoins has also some great potential.
And with the big dominance rate of bitcoin, it makes altcoins hard to grow, I like to go back on a 30 -40 % dominance, that way alts have more room to grow.
Activity: 1236
Merit: 252
January 09, 2019, 05:17:13 PM
Its true that bitcoin dominance cryptomarket more than 50% and i think its because most altcoin drop the price more than 90%. Like ethereum, after the price reach highest at $1400, the price drop below $100 and ethereum dominance drop below 15%.
If this continue, i think its not good for altcoin growth because the project can not working well
Yes, at the moment the price of Bitcoin is very stable if we look after a sharp decline from $ 6400 to $ 3500, and now prices look positive to go back up, hopefully there will be no decline this year, only increases and increases.
Yes now id is getting better and more people are buying so this is the reason again positive mode is on. I am sure this year we will not have to face any decline but the will be many increase because investors are increasing day by day so as we know the increase in number of investors is the increase in price automatically.
Activity: 616
Merit: 250
January 09, 2019, 03:42:27 PM
But it's been already a couple of days that the dump initiated and dominance hasn't change.
In the past, it used to change as the dump starts
all forms of crypto currency development in the future no one can know for sure in this case confidence and patience are the main capital
Activity: 2996
Merit: 609
January 09, 2019, 03:04:16 PM
Actually the dominance is not a good or bad sign for the crypto prices to be increased but it can shows that people were trusting bitcoin more than thousands of other crypto currencies available and it also can makes us to realize it can survive lot of  hard days which is not like other shit coins.
True,dominance do signifies on how strong a certain cryptocurrency it is and BTC is on the top of the chain after all these years which it do really gives a good sign that this would really be a good investment
for long term but well theres no assurance if it cant be replaced soon.ETH is on the next and followed by XRP. We would able to see if how long these dominance would sustain.
Activity: 616
Merit: 11
January 09, 2019, 02:03:16 PM
The dominance level is still very healthy, it allows for growth in the altcoin sector and for a better crypto market these altcoins need space to thrive. These alts offer much more than bitcoin and developers should be encouraged to continue their own blockchain projects
Activity: 938
Merit: 137
January 09, 2019, 01:47:03 PM
Actually the dominance is not a good or bad sign for the crypto prices to be increased but it can shows that people were trusting bitcoin more than thousands of other crypto currencies available and it also can makes us to realize it can survive lot of  hard days which is not like other shit coins.
However, over time, the level of Bitcoin capitalization, that is, the level of its dominance over other types of cryptocurrency will inevitably decrease as the development of cryptocurrency. As more promising new coins appear, interest in Bitcoin will vseravno fall. This will especially happen if Bitcoin does not improve and maintain its competitiveness. The credibility of Bitcoin users cryptocurrency is not endless.
Pages:
Jump to: