Pages:
Author

Topic: Very stable BTC dominance - page 6. (Read 1536 times)

Activity: 57
Merit: 0
December 02, 2018, 08:44:28 AM
Perhaps the plunge in cryptocurrency in November is preparing for the bull market, which may be good news. But for future market uncertainty, bitcoin instability will help the bull market. The price of Bitcoin is the same as the price before the bull market last year.

Its too early making prediction. Its true that bitcoin market cap dominate more than 53% but i think its because most altcoin drop the price more than 90%. Hopely bitcoin price not drop again because many good news will come to market like BAKKT or ETF trade

This topic isn't about predictions but understanding the current situation
Activity: 60
December 02, 2018, 08:03:07 AM
can it really be called stable even if it is fluctuating? do you mean that dominance as it has set the trend for the other coins? i just want to understand and ease my confusion.
Activity: 700
Merit: 10
December 02, 2018, 05:52:35 AM
Since the dump from 6500$ (and actually since sept.) btc dominance has been very stable, around 53%.
However it appears previous bear market phases always had an impact on the indicator.

How do you explains this at all?

Its too early making prediction. Its true that bitcoin market cap dominate more than 53% but i think its because most altcoin drop the price more than 90%. Hopely bitcoin price not drop again because many good news will come to market like BAKKT or ETF trade
Activity: 434
December 02, 2018, 03:02:38 AM
Perhaps the plunge in cryptocurrency in November is preparing for the bull market, which may be good news. But for future market uncertainty, bitcoin instability will help the bull market. The price of Bitcoin is the same as the price before the bull market last year.
Activity: 826
Merit: 100
December 02, 2018, 01:44:10 AM
Since the dump from 6500$ (and actually since sept.) btc dominance has been very stable, around 53%.
However it appears previous bear market phases always had an impact on the indicator.

Bitcoin dominate market cap value more than 50%, i think its not good for others coin development. many altcoin drop the price more than 95% from highest price and i think if bitcoin domination above 50%, altcoin will not growing fast
altcoin seems to be dictated by bitcoin, and they can't be as independent, so they are just following. this makes development less than maximum, so many altcoins are worthless
December 01, 2018, 09:56:23 PM

I have noticed that as well and it seems very interesting, bitcoin and altcoins are falling in almost the same proportion, I am not sure what this means, was the crash fabricated? Or are people selling bitcoin and their altcoins in the same proportion because they are getting completely out of the market? I do not know and it will be interesting to know if someone has a theory to explain what it is happening.

That was exactly my point and interrogation. And most notably since in previous market dumps, BTC was not falling in the same proportion as altcoins.
2 points that have been mentionned earlier and seem valid to me, and point out 2 market changes:
- Echanges offer more altcoins
- Stable coins, which now play the role of "refuge"

I'm still amazed how stable it is despite all these massive pumps and dumps
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
December 01, 2018, 01:55:27 PM

I have noticed that as well and it seems very interesting, bitcoin and altcoins are falling in almost the same proportion, I am not sure what this means, was the crash fabricated? Or are people selling bitcoin and their altcoins in the same proportion because they are getting completely out of the market? I do not know and it will be interesting to know if someone has a theory to explain what it is happening.
Activity: 644
COVIR.IO
December 01, 2018, 02:26:45 AM

Bitcoin dominate market cap value more than 50%, i think its not good for others coin development. many altcoin drop the price more than 95% from highest price and i think if bitcoin domination above 50%, altcoin will not growing fast
Activity: 1
November 30, 2018, 05:00:46 PM
lately the dominance of Bitcoin is indeed quite stable, because altcoins such as XRP and ETH also experience huge price declines so they don't have much influence on the dominance of bitcoin.

In 2017, when almost all the cryptocurrencies rushed to the Moon, Bitcoin dominance was about 37% only. Today more people trust it and invest in BTC. Its dominance is 53-54%, and it is stable.

It is not really stable. What I like is the 24 hours volume (16B) which show interest in trading.
Activity: 938
Merit: 105
November 30, 2018, 04:00:34 PM
lately the dominance of Bitcoin is indeed quite stable, because altcoins such as XRP and ETH also experience huge price declines so they don't have much influence on the dominance of bitcoin.

In 2017, when almost all the cryptocurrencies rushed to the Moon, Bitcoin dominance was about 37% only. Today more people trust it and invest in BTC. Its dominance is 53-54%, and it is stable.
Stable dominance because of a lot of people still believing in Bitcoin technology. They think that they have a better profit if they invest in this kind of technology aside from being stable people didn't have a doubt on this. However, they grab the better opportunity that purchases Bitcoin while it is very cheap in the market. Stable dominance will contribute the market begun to raise.
Activity: 434
November 30, 2018, 03:36:40 PM

Activity: 714
Merit: 103
November 27, 2018, 07:06:08 PM
November 27, 2018, 06:17:04 PM
I didn't think that the price movement of BTC is stabilizing, indeed the price was down for recent couple of weeks. Every one is free to make an interpreting or statement about the price of bitcoin, but for me bitcoin will never be stable even though we see the chart is not significantly move. It doesn't mean that the price is table as real currency. Because stable is the opposite of crypto currency principle.

The price of BTC was never the question of this topic.

I can't believe how many people reply off-topic, I probably was not clear in my original post
Activity: 221
November 27, 2018, 06:14:15 PM
I didn't think that the price movement of BTC is stabilizing, indeed the price was down for recent couple of weeks. Every one is free to make an interpreting or statement about the price of bitcoin, but for me bitcoin will never be stable even though we see the chart is not significantly move. It doesn't mean that the price is table as real currency. Because stable is the opposite of crypto currency principle.
November 27, 2018, 06:01:43 PM
Somebody made a point that the new deal is since dec 2013 crash are the stable coins pegged on dollars, which might get the role "refuge" when tanking at the expense of BTC, hence the stable dominance.
That point seems a good one to me
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1332
November 27, 2018, 02:01:22 PM

It is difficult to interpret the meaning of this but when the price goes down altcoins tend to lose more money than bitcoin because they are even more unstable, but the bitcoin dominance is remaining close to where it was, this tells me that most likely when we see a recovery we are going to see the alts growing faster than bitcoin and reducing that huge dominance a little bit.
Activity: 602
November 27, 2018, 08:37:08 AM
BTC will always give us unexpected surprises which it is occasionally happens. It will always teach us that anything could be possible and as a reference of most altcoins, its value is always vital.
Activity: 280
Merit: 1
November 27, 2018, 07:10:19 AM
It is too early to decide about this, I believe we need some more time maybe two months to see how stable it is. Basically, bitcoin has been much stable than most altcoins in recent times. So in all, bitcoin is doing better than most cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 798
Merit: 527
November 26, 2018, 05:24:07 AM

I think it is kinda showing why the altcoin prices are so low even when bitcoin is dropping. The market dominance is the proof that when bitcoin is dropping the price for altcoins drop in bitcoin price as well as usd price (indirectly because of bitcoin price drop) so it does a double dip instead of single dip like bitcoin.

Bitcoin only goes from 6500 dollars to 4300 dollars or whatever and that's one dip, ethereum for example drops in price against bitcoin, it also drops in price because bitcoin drop, which makes it go even further down which it really doesn't have to because nothing major happened in ethereum to make it fall at all. Bitcoin dominance is exactly the reason why we should be focusing on altcoins instead of bitcoin during the bear market season so when things go back up we could have bigger profits.
ict
Activity: 466
Merit: 250
November 24, 2018, 07:59:48 PM
In my opinion. Bitcoin prices have not always been stable since the beginning. this is very difficult to predict because crypto currencies are allied to demand and supply factors. and the majority of crypto assets also have a huge effect on crypto prices. so it is difficult if we say the crypto price is relatively stable when the crypto price is at the level of 6,500 usd
Pages:
Jump to: