Pages:
Author

Topic: Very stable BTC dominance - page 8. (Read 1538 times)

Activity: 95
Merit: 1
November 23, 2018, 12:15:26 PM
I think it is currently stable as of now because we dont know what will happens next. All cryptocurrencies experiences fluctuation because of people are more into trading thats why prices drops. Lets wait if bitcoin will recover or have another bull run this year.
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
November 23, 2018, 12:03:57 PM
My point was simply: BTC and the whole cryptomarket are falling absolutely proportionately. It remains at 53%
Previously it wasn't the case. Dec 13 it fell from 96% to 87%. Strong movements in the markets pretty much always translated in a different dominance afterwards.

The fact that it isn't the case this time might mean something, always I'm not sure what. And maybe not.
November 23, 2018, 11:52:16 AM
Are you sure that your information is true, not false? Bitcoin has been stable for two months, but now you don't know what the price is? Bitcoin has nothing to do with stability. If Bitcoin is now stable, the entire cryptocurrency market will end.
I don't think you read my post, or get my point
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
November 23, 2018, 05:17:06 AM
Since the dump from 6500$ (and actually since sept.) btc dominance has been very stable, around 53%.
However it appears previous bear market phases always had an impact on the indicator.

How do you explains this at all?

The simple explanation is that all coins are also moving down, so obviously the dominance will not change a bit. Yes it could have a impact but its a bad indicator to say the least. There were times that bitcoin's dominance is less than 50% and yet the price is almost at all-time-highs.
Activity: 392
Merit: 14
November 23, 2018, 03:47:35 AM
Are you sure that your information is true, not false? Bitcoin has been stable for two months, but now you don't know what the price is? Bitcoin has nothing to do with stability. If Bitcoin is now stable, the entire cryptocurrency market will end.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 100
November 23, 2018, 03:44:53 AM
be too early for speculation, I hope that after the holiday season, bitcoin will recover, I do not think it's a lot but at least 30% of this year's fall
indeed it's all our hope, to see bitcoin bullrun. I think recover 30% is good for this year, considering that until the end of November the bear market is still continuing, hopefully in December it will be fulfilled
Activity: 2968
Merit: 913
November 23, 2018, 03:36:22 AM
Since the dump from 6500$ (and actually since sept.) btc dominance has been very stable, around 53%.
However it appears previous bear market phases always had an impact on the indicator.

The so called "bitcoin dominance" doesn't matter at all to me.If the bitcoin price crashes to around 1000 USD,but the bitcoin dominance reaches 90%,would you be happy?It's normal for bitcoin to "dominate" all the other cryptos in a bear market.In a bull market,the bitcoin market cap will decrease to under 50% of the total crypto market cap.
Activity: 644
Merit: 299
November 23, 2018, 03:19:46 AM
But it's been already a couple of days that the dump initiated and dominance hasn't change.
In the past, it used to change as the dump starts
Get to know how dominance is calculated first and you will have a better clue why it has not changed much.

BTC Dominance (%) = (Bitcoin Market Capitalization / Total Market Capitalization) * 100

Now, you have to understand that money left the whole market and not just bitcoin. We saw every other coin moved accordingly as their value decreased, so in a way, when it comes to dominance, nothing has changed.

You will get to figure that out the more this way; if money is leaving altcoins into bitcoin which pretty much will show you a bullish bitcoin and bearish altcoins, BTC dominance increases and it happens the other way round as well.
November 22, 2018, 11:45:05 PM
But it's been already a couple of days that the dump initiated and dominance hasn't change.
In the past, it used to change as the dump starts
Activity: 1085
Merit: 500
hi =D
November 22, 2018, 11:36:29 PM
be too early for speculation, I hope that after the holiday season, bitcoin will recover, I do not think it's a lot but at least 30% of this year's fall
Activity: 652
Merit: 257
November 22, 2018, 11:19:49 PM
I think we may need more time to see how the price of Bitcoin evolves.
November 22, 2018, 10:15:36 PM

Pages:
Jump to: