Pages:
Author

Topic: [VIDEO] Dorian S. Nakamoto clears his name in interview with AP - page 2. (Read 5242 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 509
You can clearly see the pressure the poor man is under.  So sad to see this happen to such a great man. Sad

Leah McGrath Goodman was apparently banned from entering the UK for 2 years as part of an exclusion order against her, (similar to what recently happened to Mike Tyson a few months ago). Judging from this recent story of hers on Satoshi, the ban was probably due to the UK border control being aware of her sleazy irresponsible reporting.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/leah-mcgrath-goodman/david-miranda-uk-detention_b_3844480.html

Wow, you make a pretty baseless assumption there. Did you even read the article you just linked to?
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276
I can't believe all this idiotic talk!!!

So, what people believe is that Satoshi went to every length to hide his identity, but used his real name!!!! Jesus!!

What do you people have inside your head?  Roll Eyes

Many people who have a general interest in privacy do some simple stuff to protect it, but don't go overboard since it is damn difficult and tedious to be rigorous in this way.  Trying to put myself in 'the real Satoshi's situation working on a distributed crypto-currency solution (which was not a completely novel thing) back in the mid 2000s, I could imagine hoping that the solution would take off and anticipating it as a distant possibility, but not really expecting it.  Using something other than one's formal legal name would be plenty good for general privacy against google-fu masters, and most people who have been paying attention recognize the difficulty in achieving privacy against the internal security apparatus of the U.S. and won't bother to even attempt it.

It is also worth considering that just as Gavin knows relatively little about Satoshi, Satoshi probably knows relatively little about Gavin.  I could imagine him being a bit miffed about the CIA meeting (though I didn't consider it a real big deal myself.)  If Dorian is Satoshi, then he was also dealing with cancer and a stroke and he would certainly be analytical enough to recognize that the snowball had already started rolling down the hill by 2011 and there was little he could do to influence it even if he wished to.  That would be sufficient to explain both why he would walk away, and also why he didn't really care that much about money which he didn't really need to maintain the lifestyle which probably suited him fine.

Some people can derive enough pleasure from an achievement such as Bitcoin without needing or desiring personal credit.  Just as some people are content driving an old Toyota and would actually prefer it to a new Porche.  This may be hard for some people, and especially younger people, to understand but I can assure the reader that people such as this exist.

legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

So, what people believe is that Satoshi went to every length to hide his identity, but used his real name!!!! Jesus!!

They're saying it's the classical double hat trick. That would be a mistake on the internet, a bad one.

What's that trick?
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.

They're saying it's the classical double hat trick. That would be a mistake on the internet, a bad one.
legendary
Activity: 854

Activity: 88
Merit: 10
"Fly you fools"
We need  a therapist/ analyst who can tell whether he's lying or not.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
what are the chance of Satoshi actually know Dorian ..... hence use his name?

I mean if Dorian was working on Quotron for Citigroup and then a project for defense department....etc Satoshi could have been his colleague

Possible, but why unless they were both in it at first and then Satoshi pulled back?

Also, if indeed this is the real Satoshi, wouldn't he have made plans in order to secure his way of life?

And I don't mean spending any of the first coins created, he could have easily made more coins by mining let's say (since he knows his creation is taking off) and live a better and more private life.

On the other hand, DPR was arrested in an appartment which he shared with roommates. And he did own a fair amount of cash.....

That being said, I doubt anybody will find out who Satoshi really is unless he decides to come out.

What? read what is said again. Its just the name Satoshi decided to use.... Infact hes most likely not even Asian.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

I mean if Dorian was working on Quotron for Citigroup and then a project for defense department....etc Satoshi could have been his colleague

Possible, but why unless they were both in it at first and then Satoshi pulled back?

Also, if indeed this is the real Satoshi, wouldn't he have made plans in order to secure his way of life?

And I don't mean spending any of the first coins created, he could have easily made more coins by mining let's say (since he knows his creation is taking off) and live a better and more private life.

On the other hand, DPR was arrested in an appartment which he shared with roommates. And he did own a fair amount of cash.....

That being said, I doubt anybody will find out who Satoshi really is unless he decides to come out.

legendary
Activity: 1218
How can some prick reporters be so mean to put that old man to distress?!
If is he or isn't is totally irrelevant, Bitcoin is P2P belongs to nobody and nobody has control over it, not even Satoshi Nakamoto.

PS: Believe me, I know how stressful a shitty dox attempt can be.  Angry
Activity: 658
Merit: 500

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003
I can't believe you retards actually believe this guy is Satoshi..haha why, just because this chick made up a good story and he looks Japanese?

The real Satoshi even came out of hiding to say it wasn't him.

Looks like Leah did a good job, at convincing retarded people.

His writing style is NOTHING like Satoshi's.  The real S.N. has a very exacting and clinical writing style.  Look at the whitepaper and the announcement.  Sure it is possible that he is covering but I doubt it.  The real S.N. left almost no clues as to who he was, would he use his real name?
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Yeah, it doesn't feel like it's him at all.

I just hope he gets some of his privacy back...
legendary
Activity: 992
I can't believe you retards actually believe this guy is Satoshi..haha why, just because this chick made up a good story and he looks Japanese?

The real Satoshi even came out of hiding to say it wasn't him.

Looks like Leah did a good job, at convincing retarded people.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Brad Willman, SSCP, LTCP, MCTS,SCE,BCE
After years of coding, gavin never met or spoke with Satoshi in the beginning?
Activity: 79
oh gosh this is epic.

no human being is capable of masking from the world an identity he takes pride in for long. his actions and words are eventually going to give him away. unfortunately i think he clearly wasnt ready for this, probably betting on him never being found out and probably didnt have enough time to contemplate a game plan. its really too bad now he cant return to being idyllic and all. nobody's going to leave him alone now. stupid lady just messed up an old man's retirement!

ughhhh

[email protected]

please spam! she totally doesnt deserve to get away with it!

Filling up her spam folder isn't going to make any difference.

yea. i was quite infuriated! this is a letdown in so many ways
legendary
Activity: 1456
How many times.....Satoshi is British.

Bitcoin has roots to Japan, yes, but Satoshi is a Brit. After all this heat, I'm glad I didn't reveal too much previously. But if someone with a British background crops up, then get excited.
Activity: 533
Merit: 501
I just read the original article:

http://mag.newsweek.com/2014/03/14/bitcoin-satoshi-nakamoto.html

and it seems to fit nicely, but everything mentioned is very circumstantial. Also, I am sure if anything didn't fit with the narrative it was dropped from the story.

The video also doesn't seem to be much validation either. "I never communicated with bitcoins." That would be a very weird way for anyone on the project to talk about it working on it.

Nothing is either proved or disproved, and good luck reading anything useful into his body language.

In the end, yeah, there is a darn good chance is he is the founder, but it is very inconclusive.

If I could pick someone to be the founder of bitcoin, this guy would be it. He is a humble sweet old guy with a penchant for collecting model trains and his dad was a Buddhist priest. So many people involved in bitcoin are pricks, so for the good of the currency, I would be happy if it turns out that this is the guy in question and not someone else.

I say someone should talk to him, and even if he isn't the real Satoshi, we ask him to take the credit for it, and we will adopt him as the founder. In exchange we can all chip in and buy him whatever supplies he needs to keep working on his model railroad.

As far as properly denying anything, the only way I could see it happening is if Dorian was on a live video feed that couldn't be faked, and the real Satoshi signed something time dependent and unpredictable such as the current value of the S & P 500 at the same time. I would call this the Superman Defense as Superman and Clark Kent could never be seen at the same time. This would of course require some collaboration between Dorian and Satoshi, and could only be faked if Satoshi let someone else use his private key (which would give that person the power to pretend to be Satoshi).

Alternatively Satoshi could publicize his private key thus making it impossible for any claim to be Satoshi to be verifiable.

And of course to remove the risk from Dorian that stems from the fact that every piece of scum in North America now "knows" that there is a defenseless billion $$$.

Now that is a scary thought. He is going to need some serious protection now, or for safety sake, if he is Satoshi, he might want to destroy those bitcoins in a public way. For people that think that is crazy talk, countries have been invaded to seize less money. He now has a billion dollar price tag on his head to extract the information out of it.
anu
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
Satoshi can only prove his identity, nobody can prove he is not Satoshi. The closest to a prof I can think of is if Dorian were in a TV studio while the real Satoshi signs a message given by the TV station with one of the oldest keys.

Guess that won't happen which is why this horrible woman will get away with this.

actually whilst dorian was having interviews. the bitcoin satoshi used an old username on the p2p forum to say he was not doarian..

That's not a proof at all. Any decent programmer can script this in an hour or less using a few spoonful of BeautifulSoup and a simple "at" command and Satoshi sure as hell can.

I really hope that Satoshi himself comes up with a much better proof to teach sensationalist reporters a lesson that destroying innocent people's life is not a risk free pasttime. And of course to remove the risk from Dorian that stems from the fact that every piece of scum in North America now "knows" that there is a defenseless billion $$$.

Satoshi can only prove his identity, nobody can prove he is not Satoshi. The closest to a prof I can think of is if Dorian were in a TV studio while the real Satoshi signs a message given by the TV station with one of the oldest keys.

Guess that won't happen which is why this horrible woman will get away with this.

so its not possible that satoshi gives someone else the keys so they can do it while he is at the tv-show? interesting

That is why I said "the closest thing to a proof I can think of". Hope Satoshi can come up with something better.
Activity: 392
Merit: 116
Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet
The only thing that video proves is that Satoshi is a bad actor.
Activity: 98

so its not possible that satoshi gives someone else the keys so they can do it while he is at the tv-show? interesting
Pages:
Jump to: