Pages:
Author

Topic: Vietnamese discussion on our local threads. Talk in English, self-moderated. - page 3. (Read 2062 times)

legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 3858
Awesome, at least there is a guy who does not feel disappointed and give a try.

We guys have many channels to communicate locally, but bitcointalk still likes one of the best place to share the knowledge, learn and have friends. For us, we should have a board, yes, but it should be in Vietnamese, I think the bitcointalk management board should have responsible on it if they feel bitcointalk is for people, for community.
Welcome back to the forum, shibob.  Wink

I have never give up since the day I joined the forum. Merit system has not yet eaten me up and the thread is another effort of mine to contribute to the Vietnamese local community. I do hope that when time goes on, the thread will be able to collect more good Vietnamese users or at least users who have been working or living in Vietnam (even they are foreigners). There is no green light for something seriously can be changed in short term and even in the long run honestly. BUT don't give up please.
Ray Dillingers (one of the earliest Bitcoin contributors) outstanding essay on Bitcoin's special status now available in Vietnamese:

https://news.bitcoinvn.io/bitcoin-neu-toi-biet-nhung-gi-chung-ta-da-bat-dau/
Thank you for informing us about the article on Bitcoinvn.io.
Activity: 262
Merit: 135
Ray Dillingers (one of the earliest Bitcoin contributors) outstanding essay on Bitcoin's special status now available in Vietnamese:

https://news.bitcoinvn.io/bitcoin-neu-toi-biet-nhung-gi-chung-ta-da-bat-dau/
Activity: 672
Merit: 154
Blockchain Evangelist.
Awesome, at least there is a guy who does not feel disappointed and give a try.

We guys have many channels to communicate locally, but bitcointalk still likes one of the best place to share the knowledge, learn and have friends. For us, we should have a board, yes, but it should be in Vietnamese, I think the bitcointalk management board should have responsibility on it if they feel bitcointalk is for people, for community.
Activity: 93
Merit: 28
"Don't steal! Your governments hate competition!"
We invite VND traders and Vietnam bitcoiners to try Bisq - the non-custodial, most decentralized and private Bitcoin to fiat and altcoins exchange!

To learn and get started:
https://bisq.network/getting-started/

The app UI can be switched to Tieng Viet in  Settings, but the translation need updating.
If you want to help update the translation and get compensated by the Bisq DAO, check in at keybase or other Bisq forums for latest instructions:
https://keybase.io/team/bisq

https://docs.bisq.network/#contributor-docs
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1109
Graphic Design & Translation - BTC accepted here!
I have some collective things for Vietnamese Bitcoin enthusiasts:
The latest BTM, and the first one in Tan Binh district, at the location is very close to the Tan Son Nhat internation airport.
Some might have seen it already, but we haven't been lazy during the lockdown and worked to obtain another location right next to Ho-Chi-Minh-City's Tan Son Nhat Airport  Smiley

you may also add the thread for bitcoin meetups in vietnam: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/vietnam-bitcoin-meetups-5146567
legendary
I have some collective things for Vietnamese Bitcoin enthusiasts:
The latest BTM, and the first one in Tan Binh district, at the location is very close to the Tan Son Nhat internation airport.
Some might have seen it already, but we haven't been lazy during the lockdown and worked to obtain another location right next to Ho-Chi-Minh-City's Tan Son Nhat Airport  Smiley

Activity: 262
Merit: 135
Hugo Nguyen has been looking to build up some type of library of fundamental Bitcoin texts (stuff like Satoshi, Szabo etc.) under "Nakamotovillage".

Progress a bit slow there, but if you got any good stuff ready - might also be able to get it reshared there.

Activity: 186
Merit: 253
A friendly bump to this topic. I have the intention to translate some useful, quality topics into Vietnamese but couldn't find an appropriate place to post. Really need a local board.

However I believe someday I will name myself on that list.
I'm almost half way to your 100-merit requirement.
legendary
Are there any Vietnamese artists want to sell such portrait paintings like that service?
Re: [SERVICE]Charcoal and Graphite Portrait Drawings! | BTC Accepted
legendary
Today I just learned about topic about my country. Unfortunately it was locked. I hope there will be a new topic opened for my country.
Ty girl Wink)
As being written in OP, the odds to see the Vietnamese local threads will be allowed again is extremely low but don't give up.

I wish that we can work together, and demonstrate that there are good members from Vietnam, and rebuild the general reputation of the Vietnamese community, we can achieve something in the far future (I guess it will take months or even years), not soon for sure. If you believe in Bitcoin, and know the fact that the forum is the biggest bitcoin forum, and have plan to be here for coming years, today is a good day to start doing something meaningful.

We need concrete attitude and plans to rebuild it as well as to protect it from potential damages from bad guys in the future (if our local threads(s) will be allowed).
Activity: 66
Merit: 0
Today I just learned about topic about my country. Unfortunately it was locked. I hope there will be a new topic opened for my country.
Ty girl Wink)
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1702
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
good attempt and hopefully a way to show that there are some good guys around who speak Vietnamese...

Exactly, taking into consideration how many members on Bitcointalk are from Vietnam maybe they deserve to have their own local board again.

I know that there were problems in the past and Vietnamese local section was closed because of too many problems they caused but still, I think that a good moderator and a few good members could be enough to keep this board clean from scams and correct with the forum rules.

• Have earned 100 merits and above
  • Surpassing my investigation on your quality
  • No restrictions on ranks

I think this is a great way to at least do the first move to separate the bad from good and sift the spoiled grain.

Of course, a lot more work will be needed and that is why I think that a local board for Vietnam could be something good because people get to know each other a lot better when talking in their own language and they could be the best source of information about scammers and rules abusers between people from Vietnam.

I am happy to see that @Tranthidung is trying to do something about this. Good luck and I will keep my fingers crossed.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1109
Graphic Design & Translation - BTC accepted here!
on other forums like bitcoingarden you may be able to post in vietnamese.
you could also try to run your own reddit.
legendary
Well, I was asked to make a Vietnamese translation, I thought I should post it here, but it's something to worry about anyway. I think I should keep this translation here a bit more, I'll text him to ask about this. I will take further action immediately after receiving a response from him. Thanks for your reminder  Kiss
Did you get reply from him? What sort of answer you received? If there is no answer or the answer is "Not allow", please delete it. If you don't do this, I will do it because it breaks the local rule of the thread. Thank you and sorry for inconvenience.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥
You made a good translation, ChuckBuck. I wonder that post breaks what hilariousandco warned or not.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/vit-vietnamese-60101
Honestly, I don't know what he implied with the word 'here'. That thread was locked by him so no one can post in that thread. Did he imply that it is the other languages/ locations board? Smiley

It is unclear but I think you should delete the above post.
Well, I was asked to make a Vietnamese translation, I thought I should post it here, but it's something to worry about anyway. I think I should keep this translation here a bit more, I'll text him to ask about this. I will take further action immediately after receiving a response from him. Thanks for your reminder  Kiss
legendary
It is time to show that Vietnam has a huge, active and healthy cryptocurrency community.
I am sure Vietnamese are huge and actively on the forum but to say we have a healthy community on the forum, I don't think so. It is why the old Vietnamese local thread was locked.
However I believe someday I will name myself on that list.
Keep up your good works, newbies are welcome here, by the admin and the community, including me, sure.
P.S: Are you a girl? Grin.
Sometimes I am, sometimes I am not. I am bisexual.  Grin
Activity: 186
Merit: 253
I was looking around for a Vietnamese local board or thread for while now and finally I found it. It is a little bit weird we use English in a thread full of Vietnamese but it is fine and somewhat help reduce spam. It is time to show that Vietnam has a huge, active and healthy cryptocurrency community.

I am still new with this forum so I barely can help you with any candidate for your good users list. However I believe someday I will name myself on that list.

P.S: Are you a girl? Grin.
legendary
You made a good translation, ChuckBuck. I wonder that post breaks what hilariousandco warned or not.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/vit-vietnamese-60101
Honestly, I don't know what he implied with the word 'here'. That thread was locked by him so no one can post in that thread. Did he imply that it is the other languages/ locations board? Smiley

It is unclear but I think you should delete the above post.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥
This topic will be crossed out, I will temporarily treat it as a removed topic, I will delete it in the future if necessary.

The Vietnamese translation of 💰Fundraising campaign-Feed the one who are affected by the COVID-19 🦠Pandemic have been moved to another forum to avoid unnecessary trouble. Due to a ban that has been happening in 2017 for the Vietnamese community, I will not keep any Vietnamese posts on this forum from today.
legendary
Since 2017 the (visible) local scene here in Vietnam unfortunately has become total dogshit, a pure cesspool. Everybody playing the China-style get rich quick schemes; launching bullshit token scams and generally it feels it has become a gathering place for low-ethics hustler scum of society... - which certainly makes many of the decent local people stay away from it; rightfully so.
AFAIK, it happened over the whole forum when people got crazy with bitcoin and many scam projects, ICOs. Bounty hunters got crazy with their spams. I don't know during that period, the Vietnamese local thread is the most terrible spam place or not but the fact is it was locked. Maybe there were more spam boards but they have local moderators to handle it that we did not have for our local thread.
Unfortunately in the (active) local scene there is at this point in time not anybody I could vouch for without reservations, but maybe they are also all just in hiding/lurking mode because they don't want to associate with the local crypto-scammer folks and dont know where else to turn to.
In general, it happened with the forum when some prestigious users left the forum that forced theymos (somewhat) to create the merit system that works well to keep the forum cleaner.
Not sure if he's on Bitcointalk, but Hugohanoi certainly one of the few Bitcoin folks of Vietnamese descent who provide very valuable contributions to the scene.
Thank you for information on hugohanoi, that kind of looks like knowledgeable crypto enthusiast.
Otherwise the local Bitcoin-focused communities in Saigon, Da Nang, Vung Tau and Hanoi seem to do a decent job, but are unfortunately very Expat-skewed when it comes to the attendance rate.
Helpful links too.

Generally, by now, I can see a fact that there are not much valuable members from Vietnam. Maybe they have been inactively, left the forum or have not yet seen my thread. Let's wait for a while.
Pages:
Jump to: