Pages:
Author

Topic: Vladimir Putin's approval rating at record levels - page 2. (Read 3820 times)

Activity: 226
Merit: 100
There is something about him that he always enjoy his people trust. I think he should sit with his Western counterparts and resolve all the issues peacefully. Lets hope for the best!!
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Vladimir Putin is a great man,he leads russia like no other man would lead their country,the guy is simply the best and insperation to all of the people around him.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Never ending parties are what Im into.
"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon. The pigeon knocks over all the pieces, shits on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
~Vladimir Putin

Grin Grin Grin Grin I love that quote even though it was never proven that he said that.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon. The pigeon knocks over all the pieces, shits on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
~Vladimir Putin
Activity: 775
Merit: 1000

One slight difference is the amount of money Putin has at his personal disposal. He can afford to make these public plays with little backlash. If it was Obama it would be waste of tax dollars.

It's good that you brought that up. It seems to me, Russian-style corruption is one possible endgame for some of the more extreme Libertarian ideologies. When the USSR collapsed, it would've been a Libertarian dream: conducting epic business deals with minimal state interference while the government was in shambles, and then they shaped future Russian governments into a giant shady oil/gas export business. Maybe any government can be re-interpreted as a business, but with only 25 years since the last revolution, Russia's government is like a gang of juvenile delinquents.
Gifting a new dog is not that difficult or someone like Putin. I was about to post that Putin should care more about the Russian citizens, than sending gifts to the Kyrgyz nationals. But then I noticed that the girl was an ethnic Russian.

That said, for me, the following news is more important:

http://www.rt.com/news/264489-siberian-tigers-putin-russia/
Of course it is not difficult, however most presidents wouldn't care. What I was trying to point out was that the sheep would use any news related to Putin against him.
Just read a few comments on that article. I would say that Putin is doing a number of great things, but the west is trying to disregard all that and just talk about tensions, Crimea and whatnot.

One slight difference is the amount of money Putin has at his personal disposal. He can afford to make these public plays with little backlash. If it was Obama it would be waste of tax dollars.
legendary
Activity: 1134
I understand that Russians have a kind of cultural idiocy where they confuse "respect" with fear and intimidation.

You are the ultimate idiot, not the Russians. You have no problem in supporting a habitual liar and warmonger such as Hillary Clinton, and now you are mocking the Russians for supporting Putin. An average Russian is more intelligent than the average American, as seen from the choice of presidential nominees. And once again, Russians know what is the best for them. They don't need advice from Russophobes such as you.

This is good. "An average Russian is more intelligent than the average American, as seen from the choice of presidential nominees." Never hear such stupid things. All the world want to emigrate in the USA and the most intelligent people are in Russia. As it can see in Usa emigrate all the stupid people and and the intelligent born in Russia. There are some techniques of sex that only Russian known and uses and made that Russian born more intelligent than all the other nations of the world. The problem is that URSS was destroyed from the stupid Usa people. But now Russia has Putin which will have revenge for this. Poor Americans what will have from this glorious leader.

Yes so glorious that his daughter live in switzerland with $$ ... far away from russian crisis ... always more easy to -> Do what i tell not what i do !

When they born, they are smart, intelligent and poor ... this is why they love Russia.

Once they get rich with corruption, mafia, make big company to hire some low cost slave paid ...
What they do ?

They hide the money in another country like "Chypre" ... make some news corruption ... and left Russia, to buy expensive car from Germany/Italy, send their child in high state univeristy in US , Suitzerland , UK ... buy expensive cognac in France , buy flat in London near the City or New York ...  and go to holidays in expensive places again like Courchevelle ....

So only stupid and poor russian like Russia ?

Souldream we are at the same ship mate. I think that Putin and his entourage are destroying Russia. I think that Putin is a miserable being human which think for himself as a new world leader to whom no one cannot do nothing while can do everything he want. But as every little dictator this end will come from his nation. The question is when. Sooner for them better for the Russians and Russia.
legendary
Activity: 1110
I understand that Russians have a kind of cultural idiocy where they confuse "respect" with fear and intimidation.

You are the ultimate idiot, not the Russians. You have no problem in supporting a habitual liar and warmonger such as Hillary Clinton, and now you are mocking the Russians for supporting Putin. An average Russian is more intelligent than the average American, as seen from the choice of presidential nominees. And once again, Russians know what is the best for them. They don't need advice from Russophobes such as you.

This is good. "An average Russian is more intelligent than the average American, as seen from the choice of presidential nominees." Never hear such stupid things. All the world want to emigrate in the USA and the most intelligent people are in Russia. As it can see in Usa emigrate all the stupid people and and the intelligent born in Russia. There are some techniques of sex that only Russian known and uses and made that Russian born more intelligent than all the other nations of the world. The problem is that URSS was destroyed from the stupid Usa people. But now Russia has Putin which will have revenge for this. Poor Americans what will have from this glorious leader.

Yes so glorious that his daughter live in switzerland with $$ ... far away from russian crisis ... always more easy to -> Do what i tell not what i do !

When they born, they are smart, intelligent and poor ... this is why they love Russia.

Once they get rich with corruption, mafia, make big company to hire some low cost slave paid ...
What they do ?

They hide the money in another country like "Chypre" ... make some news corruption ... and left Russia, to buy expensive car from Germany/Italy, send their child in high state univeristy in US , Suitzerland , UK ... buy expensive cognac in France , buy flat in London near the City or New York ...  and go to holidays in expensive places again like Courchevelle ....

So only stupid and poor russian like Russia ?
legendary

legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 8114

Anyway, clearly Putin resonates with many Russian citizen.  Having control of the media and putting a lot of his political opponents in jail probably also helps.  However, it is hard to argue with his success.

Sure, its easy to make a lot of "friends" once you dispatch all your enemies... I think he got that pearl of wisdom from Stalin.

Point is, your president is a dictator. Dictators are never good. Your nation is reverting back to the old ways, except its not called Communism anymore.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217

If you do a research in every research center placed in every kind of the earth about Kim Jong-Un you will find that 99.99% (or even 100%) of North Korean people will love him. That doesn't mean that this person it is not a dictator and a common delinquent which torture its people like his father and his grandfather.

No one has done any research in North Korea, because the American research agencies are not allowed inside that country. That said, the Russophobes will always be having the difficulty in accepting how much public support Putin commands. His public support in percentage terms is almost twice that of Barack Obama, and the Western sanctions have played their role in increasing it from 65% to 90%.

And the Russophiles are too stupid to understand that approximately 60~70% is the upper limit for political support where they don't need to be embarrassed. Above that limit, it indicates the following:

a) there is too much group-think. The country is dominated by mindless sheep who have been fooled by the president's populist tricks.

b) some of the people are too scared to openly voice their opposition. I understand that Russians have a kind of cultural idiocy where they confuse "respect" with fear and intimidation. High support levels indicate that the leader is very intimidating, and therefore he has more power to force the people to do things, such as start wars. That is bad.

c) The opposition is too weak to keep the leader in line. You can't have a stable system without negative feedback.
legendary
If you do a research in every research center placed in every kind of the earth about Kim Jong-Un you will find that 99.99% (or even 100%) of North Korean people will love him. That doesn't mean that this person it is not a dictator and a common delinquent which torture its people like his father and his grandfather.

No one has done any research in North Korea, because the American research agencies are not allowed inside that country. That said, the Russophobes will always be having the difficulty in accepting how much public support Putin commands. His public support in percentage terms is almost twice that of Barack Obama, and the Western sanctions have played their role in increasing it from 65% to 90%.

Russia is not Third Reich, its statehood is imperial, not ethno-obssesive  Wink

Could you explain what you mean by that?
The Ruskies are extremely ethno-obsessive. There is plenty of evidence of that in this thread, simply because Russians (and Russian apologists) cannot stop thinking about the genes and genetic history of "everyone else".
Activity: 574
Merit: 506
Have to love stats coming out of Russia about loving a dictator,North Korea will follow suit now.

Putin has a real problem on his hands and I can not wait to see how he deals with it. He has so far been a pretty good strategist,have to admit the Russian mind is different. They play poker and chess differently.
So he has very little friends or some one he can trust to take over for him and not take away all the money he has built up. Honestly he could end up dead if the wrong people got into power,he has way to much money to be ignored. They estimate his billions and they figure he could be in the high billions.

Research was published by Levada center, which is based in the USA, not Russia. As you are not being able to get even this fact (mentioned in OP) straight, I doubt rest of your post is relevant to topic at hand.

The Russians must pray that one day the daughters of Putin take the place of their father because only the genes of Putin race can guide the Russian people versus the continues glories.

Russia is not Third Reich, its statehood is imperial, not ethno-obssesive  Wink it is also not United Kingdom where purity of your bloodline decides your rank among those waiting for throne. It is difficult to discuss specifics of the country, if your mind is closed, even conditioned to hate certain culture. As to some families being privileged more than others, when I look at India (Ghandi clan) or United States (Kennedy clan, Bush clan, Rotschilds) I dont see that much difference. All of those are oligarchies dependant on some degree of public approval.

That isnt criticism, atleast unlike in Europe (which devolved into technocracy where votes are as universal as they are meaningless), public opinion still matters.

Now, Putins background is that of secret service officer, so I take a guess, that the next likely candidate for Russias leader will have similar background, his sheltered daughters are not viable for such role.
legendary
Have to love stats coming out of Russia about loving a dictator,North Korea will follow suit now.

Putin has a real problem on his hands and I can not wait to see how he deals with it. He has so far been a pretty good strategist,have to admit the Russian mind is different. They play poker and chess differently.
So he has very little friends or some one he can trust to take over for him and not take away all the money he has built up. Honestly he could end up dead if the wrong people got into power,he has way to much money to be ignored. They estimate his billions and they figure he could be in the high billions.

Research was published by Levada center, which is based in the USA, not Russia. As you are not being able to get even this fact (mentioned in OP) straight, I doubt rest of your post is relevant to topic at hand.

The Russians must pray that one day the daughters of Putin take the place of their father because only the genes of Putin race can guide the Russian people versus the continues glories.

Are you of Eastern Europe descent? This may seem off base like my comment but I am curious,would explain the take on my post.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
Gifting a new dog is not that difficult or someone like Putin. I was about to post that Putin should care more about the Russian citizens, than sending gifts to the Kyrgyz nationals. But then I noticed that the girl was an ethnic Russian.

Of course it is not difficult, however most presidents wouldn't care. What I was trying to point out was that the sheep would use any news related to Putin against him.
Just read a few comments on that article. I would say that Putin is doing a number of great things, but the west is trying to disregard all that and just talk about tensions, Crimea and whatnot.
legendary
This is something that caught my eye, something that the media has actually covered. According to the sources (I've read it first in local newspaper) a girl had sent a letter to Putin saying how her family can't afford to buy this rare dog. Putin actually replied to her and got her the dog.
I would not be surprised if we see people saying that he did this solely for publicity. If he does nothing then he is bad,and if he does something he is still bad for some.  Roll Eyes

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
This is something that caught my eye, something that the media has actually covered. According to the sources (I've read it first in local newspaper) a girl had sent a letter to Putin saying how her family can't afford to buy this rare dog. Putin actually replied to her and got her the dog.
I would not be surprised if we see people saying that he did this solely for publicity. If he does nothing then he is bad,and if he does something he is still bad for some.  Roll Eyes
Pages:
Jump to: