Pages:
Author

Topic: Vladimir Putin's approval rating at record levels - page 4. (Read 3820 times)

legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 8114
How is this guy still a President?

Don't they have term limits and what not?

Oh thats right I forgot: in Russia, president becomes YOU.
Pab
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012
 I am not outsider,becouse i am from Poland and i spent some years in my life under red regime.I know Russia and Ukraine,menthality,condition,history.I know how that regime works.In Putin Russia there is or you are with us or you are against Russia is failing bankruptcy.Russian MinFinn said,if Russia will not cut incredible high pensions for administration workers and his raising military spending than Russia will be bankrupt in two years.Last day Russia officials said that military pwer is mre imprtant that economy.87% russiansmaybe aresaying that thay are supporting Putin,it desnt mean that thay are supporting
Russia can be extremaly dangerous,most westerness leaders dont understend that Russia is only understend
laungege of force,power.If Russia will see weakness like it was in time of Hitler,than anything can happen,soft version will be cold war,tensins and conflicts in strategic areas of the world.Senator McCain is right,arm Ukraine

Anyway i think worse will not happen becuse of China,Russia is more and more dipendent on China and Chinise dont want conficts ,wars ,cnficts,becouse itculd be very dengerous for them

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
I'm speaking as an outsider, but I think Putin is the worst thing that ever happened to Russia. He is trying to bring back the old Russia by trying to bring former Soviet republics back into Russia's sphere. Ukraine is a classic example of this. They're justification for the invasion of Crimea (and it was an invasion) is that they need to look after their Russian interests. Crimea is just one microscopic part of Russia. So, I hardly think that Crimea would bear any kind of significance to the vitality of the country.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
I think that this could have been somewhat expected. The media is usually trying to make a bad image surrounding Putin; nothing special since they tend to manipulate.
There are probably several contributing factors for this. Russians aren't blaming Putin for their economic situation. I'm pretty sure that the international isolation is what caused the surge in nationalism in Russia.

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014
putin is one of the greatest men and russians have the good sense to realise it
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
hyperboria - next internet
Vladimir Putin's approval rating at record levels

Vladimir Putin’s approval rating is at record levels, with nine out of 10 Russians saying they have a positive view of their president. Putin had an approval of 87% in July, and an all-time high of 89% in June, according to Levada Centre polling.

Following a drop in popularity in 2012 and 2013, when Putin’s approval ratings dropped into the 60s, the Russian president’s popularity picked up again last year on the back of events in Ukraine.
Putin approval

According to separate Levada figures from June, 66% believe that western sanctions are meant to humiliate and weaken Russia, and only 5% think they are about ending the conflict in Ukraine.

Some 70% of Russians believe the country should stick to its current position on Ukraine, while 20% say it would be better to make concessions in order to avoid sanctions. 87% support the annexation of Crimea, and only 4% think that the eastern regions of Donetsk and Luhansk should return to their pre-conflict status.

However, when it comes to the economy, only 13% describe Russia’s current predicament as good, while 53% describe it as average and 31% as either bad or very poor.

With nine out of 10 Russians approving of Putin, the president’s ratings are now better than they were in 2008, at the start of the Russian-Georgian war.

They are also unusually high compared with the popularity of other world leaders. Only Angela Merkel comes anywhere near Putin, with nearly seven in 10 Germans approving of the chancellor.
Putin v G7
How has Russia changed under Putin?

It is more than 15 years since Putin became Russia’s president. The former KGB officer was a virtual unknown when he was picked to be prime minister by Russia’s first president, Boris Yeltsin. After Yeltsin’s shock resignation on New Year’s Eve 1999 elevated Putin to the Kremlin, Putin confounded pundits again by winning the presidential election in March 2000 with 53% of the vote.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/datablog/2015/jul/23/vladimir-putins-approval-rating-at-record-levels

Pages:
Jump to: