Pages:
Author

Topic: Vod - You are a dickhead - page 3. (Read 2718 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 509
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
March 22, 2015, 01:56:52 AM
Again this proves it is a violation of the terms of service, NOT criminal activity like VOD has purported in order to attempt to trump up the accusation to the point of getting staff involved. This is just more of the same from VOD, defining his own value by how many people he can harass over non-incidents.

So "violation of TOS" isn't chargeable under the law". Huh

By the way, check Vod's trust feedback and the third paragraph in 1st of mine. See whether you can fin Vod is right or wrong about it. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 2008
First Exclusion Ever
March 22, 2015, 01:39:06 AM
The bottom line, if you want to become a reseller, you need to become a Microsoft Partner who resells the entire package, not just product keys.

Most ebay sellers reselling product keys are reselling stolen product keys from MSDN subscriptions.

About MSDN or TechNet Product Keys

They are genuine Microsoft product keys, they are actually retail licenses, but it is intended for a particular product channel either the Microsoft Software Developer Network (MSDN) or TechNet for IT Professionals who pay a subscription fee. The main purpose is for evaluation purposes. The great thing about them, unlike trial Microsoft software, MSDN or TechNet keys don't expire. [b{Because the agreement under which the subscription is provided is a single license, none of the software should be distributed outside of it[/b]. Even though its $50,000 worth of licenses, it is for one person only to use and no one else. Unfortunately, regardless of the licensing terms, persons still abuse the program, either giveaway product keys or resell it on auction sites. Microsoft licenses it in good faith that customers won't do so, but I guess human nature wins out.

In your case, what probably happened is, you bought an MSDN licensed key, which carries up to 10 activations unlike full packaged retail licenses which only carry 1 activation. The person who sold it to you probably sold it to 10 other persons. Somewhere along the way, one of those persons might have installed it on a second system, activated it, because it went past 10 activation threshold, Microsoft detected it that it was being abused and blocked the key from further use.
Quote from: MSDN Terms
Many MSDN subscribers use a computer for mixed use—both design, development, testing, and demonstration of your programs (the use allowed under the MSDN subscription license) and some other use. Using the software in any other way, such as for doing email, playing games, or editing a document is another use and is not covered by the MSDN subscription license. When this happens, the underlying operating system must also be licensed normally by purchasing a regular copy of Windows such as the one that came with a new OEM PC.

Hope this helps.

@OP: I hope nobody will do the survey. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/piracy/reporting/default.aspx.

Again this proves it is a violation of the terms of service, NOT criminal activity like VOD has purported in order to attempt to trump up the accusation to the point of getting staff involved. This is just more of the same from VOD, defining his own value by how many people he can harass over non-incidents.
Activity: 560
Merit: 509
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
March 22, 2015, 01:22:46 AM
The bottom line, if you want to become a reseller, you need to become a Microsoft Partner who resells the entire package, not just product keys.

Most ebay sellers reselling product keys are reselling stolen product keys from MSDN subscriptions.

About MSDN or TechNet Product Keys

They are genuine Microsoft product keys, they are actually retail licenses, but it is intended for a particular product channel either the Microsoft Software Developer Network (MSDN) or TechNet for IT Professionals who pay a subscription fee. The main purpose is for evaluation purposes. The great thing about them, unlike trial Microsoft software, MSDN or TechNet keys don't expire. [b{Because the agreement under which the subscription is provided is a single license, none of the software should be distributed outside of it[/b]. Even though its $50,000 worth of licenses, it is for one person only to use and no one else. Unfortunately, regardless of the licensing terms, persons still abuse the program, either giveaway product keys or resell it on auction sites. Microsoft licenses it in good faith that customers won't do so, but I guess human nature wins out.

In your case, what probably happened is, you bought an MSDN licensed key, which carries up to 10 activations unlike full packaged retail licenses which only carry 1 activation. The person who sold it to you probably sold it to 10 other persons. Somewhere along the way, one of those persons might have installed it on a second system, activated it, because it went past 10 activation threshold, Microsoft detected it that it was being abused and blocked the key from further use.
Quote from: MSDN Terms
Many MSDN subscribers use a computer for mixed use—both design, development, testing, and demonstration of your programs (the use allowed under the MSDN subscription license) and some other use. Using the software in any other way, such as for doing email, playing games, or editing a document is another use and is not covered by the MSDN subscription license. When this happens, the underlying operating system must also be licensed normally by purchasing a regular copy of Windows such as the one that came with a new OEM PC.

Hope this helps.

@OP: I hope nobody will do the survey. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/piracy/reporting/default.aspx.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
March 22, 2015, 12:32:02 AM
Good thing we have people like VOD on the forum to dictate to everyone what can and can no be sold. One question though, are there any customers complaining? No? Is it a criminal act? No? Then might be time to get a life.

Exactly. This isn't a fucking scam. MS terms and conditions and EULA have nothing against it. This is just misuse of their green trust "power". Fucking cunts.
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 2008
First Exclusion Ever
March 22, 2015, 12:29:39 AM
Good thing we have people like VOD on the forum to dictate to everyone what can and can not be sold. One question though, are there any customers complaining? No? Is it a criminal act? No? Then might be time to get a life.
March 22, 2015, 12:24:25 AM
Also if you want to keep it there, please add the negative trust to every MSDNseller on the forums.

I have tried to do so - let me know if I have missed any.

I'm willing to give you a second chance on the forums.  If you immediately stop the sale of your keys, I will remove your negative feedback in one month.  See my signature.

Vod/Dickhead

I'll stop selling keys immediately, but everyone should do that, there should be no sale of MSDN admin accounts and invites too because those are created 'ill-legally'. Also those cracked netflix, hbo go, etc., accounts should not be sold too since they use other people's credit cards and boy oh oy that is ill-legal (see no air quotes -_-).
There are people selling carded iPhone account too, that should not occur too, ill-legal you see. Many people sell starbucks and other gift cards which are clearly carded and/or stolen, this should stop too. Also selling/trading private tracker invites is "ill-legal" according to tracker's T&C, so this should be banned too.
Heck these are way more ill-legal than selling MSDN keys, which isn't ill-legal and is just frowned upon by Microsoft.
Also 1 month is a long time for something that is not scamming. Stop imposing your rules on everyone. Let the Moderators and other staff do it. You are just a jerk face trying to gain popularity and being a sadistic bitch for self satisfaction.
Regards
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
March 21, 2015, 11:55:02 PM
Also if you want to keep it there, please add the negative trust to every MSDNseller on the forums.

I have tried to do so - let me know if I have missed any.

I'm willing to give you a second chance on the forums.  If you immediately stop the sale of your keys, I will remove your negative feedback in one month.  See my signature.

Vod/Dickhead
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469
March 21, 2015, 11:54:51 PM

So this is acceptable for you?
I'm pretty sure there's no issues here at all then. This will happen and everyone's happy.
March 21, 2015, 11:52:02 PM
Listen, I'm not selling bogus anything, the user ABitNut thinks it is illegal to sell these keys and thus he told you that my keys are not legit. He hasn't even dealt with me at all. This guy thinks selling MSDN key is a scam. He is going after everyone who is selling MSDN keys.
Please read carefully before adding feedback to me.
Adding me feedback without any knowledge of the matter is totally wrong. Please remove it.
Pages:
Jump to: