Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 245. (Read 26463083 times)

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 4738
You're never too old to think young.
If this strike thing drags on, I have a 40 of Smirnoff I picked up in the US a while back.  It's yours if you want it.

Thanks for the offer but I picked up an extra 4 40s of Cuervo Especiale Tequiila Resposado and 2 of the largest Cointreau so we should be good for a few weeks of Margaritas.

I also picked up a couple dozen ciders for the wife but they were already sold out of her brand so I got something calling itself a "craft" cider. I assumed it was something like a craft beer... small batch brewed by an independent cider maker from all natural ingredients.

Wrong. She made a face after her first sip and handed it to me to taste. Yuck. Reading the extremely small fine print of the ingredient list revealed that the number 1 ingredient was water, followed by "cider", along with flavoring and preservatives. They should be charged with false advertising.

I guess it's my own fault for buying it without reading the fine print but I'd just found out about the impending strike while at the ball park and stopped at the liquor store on the way home. Still, it literally left a bad taste in my mouth.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

Explanation
Chartbuddy thanks talkimg.com
legendary

Explanation
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 943
Just got my MtGox email, my coins are finally coming home. Only a small amount... but still a decent $ value. Can't believe it has been 10 years!

Don’t drop them on us  Shocked

Going straight to cold storage!

Taught me a very early lesson though, NEVER keep coins on an exchange and if you do, no more than you're willing to lose. At the time, I probably had about $400 worth on MtGox so I didn't care too much but looking back at what they're worth now.... well....  Cheesy
Activity: 994
Merit: 561
My home grown Mangoes. It will take 3 to 4 days to ripe them for use.

Be my guest, if you want to taste them.

legendary

Explanation
legendary

Explanation
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912
Roller coaster day for me. Woke up concerned about Hurricane Beryl barreling through our part of Mexico, anticipating falling trees flattening our main house. Also saw bitcoin down under $55k.

Now things are much better. Beryl miraculously just missed our village. No serious damage in town, no injuries, let alone loss of life, no power outage, no internet interruption. A typical early summer storm can shut things down for several days. Not only that but Bitcoin rebounded by almost $2k.

Everything's not perfect though. The government-controlled liquor retailing monopoly here in Ontario just got shut down by their greedy lazy union demanding even higher wages. They're already making twice what Walmart or other large retailers are paying. Hopefully this will lead to earlier privatization. The government has no business being involved in food or beverage retailing. Get it into the hands of mom-&-pop small businesses.

Other than that, life is pretty good. Go Bitcoin go.

Glad your second home was spared the brunt of that hurricane!  As for the liquor store closures, as they say: Abstinence make the heart grow fonder.  (or something like that)

I think it was supposed to be "absinthe makes the heart..." but that wouldn't be apropos and on second thought, that wasn't very nice.
If this strike thing drags on, I have a 40 of Smirnoff I picked up in the US a while back.  It's yours if you want it.
legendary

Explanation
legendary
Activity: 2604
Merit: 12743
BTC + Crossfit, living life.
A Mallorca block
The dude watches the W O
From every place
legendary

Explanation
legendary

Explanation
legendary

Explanation
legendary

Explanation
legendary

Explanation
Activity: 385
Merit: 333
-"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Alles ist vorbei.

Shouldn't have been selling all that BTC. "You get what you F-ing deserve!"

Short term it hurts, in the long run it's never too late buying BTC, lesson learned. I've made so many mistakes it takes a wonder like Bitcoin to make up for it.
legendary

Explanation
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912
Roller coaster day for me. Woke up concerned about Hurricane Beryl barreling through our part of Mexico, anticipating falling trees flattening our main house. Also saw bitcoin down under $55k.

Now things are much better. Beryl miraculously just missed our village. No serious damage in town, no injuries, let alone loss of life, no power outage, no internet interruption. A typical early summer storm can shut things down for several days. Not only that but Bitcoin rebounded by almost $2k.

Everything's not perfect though. The government-controlled liquor retailing monopoly here in Ontario just got shut down by their greedy lazy union demanding even higher wages. They're already making twice what Walmart or other large retailers are paying. Hopefully this will lead to earlier privatization. The government has no business being involved in food or beverage retailing. Get it into the hands of mom-&-pop small businesses.

Other than that, life is pretty good. Go Bitcoin go.

Glad your second home was spared the brunt of that hurricane!  As for the liquor store closures, as they say: Abstinence make the heart grow fonder.  (or something like that)

legendary

Explanation
legendary

Explanation