Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 249. (Read 26463137 times)

legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
Miners sell Bitcoin to buy hardware and electricity. That money leaves the Bitcoin ecosystem, and requires an equal inflow of dollars (or local currency) to make up for it.
Why is the money from miner sellers considered to be leaving the Bitcoin ecosystem, while the money from miner buyers is not regarded as equally entering the Bitcoin ecosystem?
Tough questions, I like it Tongue
The money from buyers enters the Bitcoin ecosystem. But that can be taken out again, while the money spent by miners on hardware and electricity can't come back in.

Now sell your damn bitcoins and let us live peacefully.
If you are selling now your bit pins from MtGox you didn’t clearly deserved it in the first place.
This has been going on for how long? Ten years of "selling pressure"? Just get it over with!

For the "X" link dumps: I'd appreciate it if you quote the post with the link. I'm not visiting that site Tongue
legendary
Activity: 2050
Merit: 1184
Never selling
Quote from another thread,

Today it was even worse: the trading volume was over 50 billion, and the Bitcoin price has lowered, so even if we take 57000 $ as the average price  (I guess it is actually significantly lower, i.e. more coins were sold) and 30 billion as the "normal" trading volume, then today 400975 BTC were sold! This is almost three times the 140.000 Goxcoins, and more than 6x the coins which will probably be paid out (to individual creditors).

And that only because Gox moved some coins, it actually didn't pay out anything. Yes, there was a movement of German BKA coins too, and it's possible that they were sold, but that was much earlier than the "big dump".

(Actually I should write that in some Asian language because the main dump occurred during Asian trading hours.)

-> Today (05/07) more than 3x of the BTC were sold than MtGox will pay out in July - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.64291075

There's only so many weak hands.
copper member
Activity: 1526
Merit: 2890
This is BULL SHIT…..

If you enjoy BULL run we should like BULL SHIT too.
Activity: 103
Merit: 148
Quote from another thread,

Today it was even worse: the trading volume was over 50 billion, and the Bitcoin price has lowered, so even if we take 57000 $ as the average price  (I guess it is actually significantly lower, i.e. more coins were sold) and 30 billion as the "normal" trading volume, then today 400975 BTC were sold! This is almost three times the 140.000 Goxcoins, and more than 6x the coins which will probably be paid out (to individual creditors).

And that only because Gox moved some coins, it actually didn't pay out anything. Yes, there was a movement of German BKA coins too, and it's possible that they were sold, but that was much earlier than the "big dump".

(Actually I should write that in some Asian language because the main dump occurred during Asian trading hours.)

-> Today (05/07) more than 3x of the BTC were sold than MtGox will pay out in July - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.64291075
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

Explanation
Chartbuddy thanks talkimg.com
legendary
Activity: 2604
Merit: 12743
BTC + Crossfit, living life.
legendary
Activity: 2604
Merit: 12743
BTC + Crossfit, living life.
It’s annoying….

Good Germany and mt gox got a ton of all the altcoins as well to sell …. Roll Eyes
legendary
Merit: 16328
Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23
Now sell your damn bitcoins and let us live peacefully.
If you are selling now your bit pins from MtGox you didn’t clearly deserved it in the first place.

Mt. Gox Begins Repayments in Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash
The defunct crypto exchange announced last month that it will begin repayments in July

legendary
Never selling
B..but german goverment isn't done selling and Gox coins hasn't moved yet..

X

Yep, proving that the Gox coins and German selling are not the issue. This selling is something else, but of course the media loves its excuses for the market moves.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 7340
Farewell, Leo
Miners sell Bitcoin to buy hardware and electricity. That money leaves the Bitcoin ecosystem, and requires an equal inflow of dollars (or local currency) to make up for it.
Why is the money from miner sellers considered to be leaving the Bitcoin ecosystem, while the money from miner buyers is not regarded as equally entering the Bitcoin ecosystem?
legendary
Merit: 16328
Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23
That's 10 billion dollars leaving the Bitcoin ecosystem each year.
Why?
Miners are rewarded inside the Bitcoin ecosystems. They are paid in Bitcoins. Those bitcoins stay in the ecosystem. Nothing is leaving.

Exchanges sell dollars to buy bitcoin.
Or mining hardware producers sell ASICS to buy bitcoin.
I personally sell my services to buy bitcoin.

That money doesn’t exit the system.
legendary
Activity: 3512
Merit: 4557
B..but german goverment isn't done selling and Gox coins hasn't moved yet..

X
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
That's 10 billion dollars leaving the Bitcoin ecosystem each year.
Why?
Miners are rewarded inside the Bitcoin ecosystems. They are paid in Bitcoins. Those bitcoins stay in the ecosystem. Nothing is leaving.
legendary
Never selling
it's all a f-g game.
Oh, no someone moved coins from one wallet to another...run run /s.
Bitcoin supposedly has 40 bil normal daily volume.
Mtgox coins should be a nonevent, UNLESS someone is trying to entice mtgox creditor whales (like Tim Draper) to sell asap.
This is, obviously, some kind of a "play".

You got it.
legendary
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

Explanation
Chartbuddy thanks talkimg.com
Activity: 103
Merit: 148
legendary
Activity: 3262
Merit: 8492
icarus-cards.eu
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 2245
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

Maybe. But a lot of that could be the same coins being moved back and forward so new coins on the market *could* be significant. Though I do believe this isn't organic and is overwrought.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
it's all a f-g game.
Oh, no someone moved coins from one wallet to another...run run /s.
Mtgox coins should be a nonevent, UNLESS someone is trying to entice mtgox creditor whales (like Tim Draper) to sell asap.
This is, obviously, some kind of a "play".
Jump to: