Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 28997. (Read 26394790 times)

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007
Hide your women
I've asked for a refund of Neptune last week, and got the money back today. Quick and professional customer service.
My main concern was that according to this calculator http://btcinvest.net/en/bitcoin-mining-profit-calculator.php, the miner would need to come on line end of March at the latest to break even. I'll be watching KnC's foray into cloudhashing with interest, and maybe buy shares from them if they would appear to be at least a little profitable.

In the meantime, the fiat money that I got refunded got redirected strait back to Bitstamp, and if the price on Monday/Tuesday stays about the same as today, I will have made BTC6 of pure profit. Cheesy

...and pity that I won't have fresh fiat on the exchange for the week-end, as I expect we'll be re-testing the lows.

I call bullshit. If you really thought that, sell your coins there and buy back in cheaper.  

Here comes the FUD brigade, wanting cheap coins before the Big Fix. Sorry you missed the bottom, Guys, but it's in the rear view mirror.

Please, choose your accusations more carefully.

I am in the mode, where I play with 3-4 BTC, the rest gets moved to cold storage or waits for a spike in preset high sell orders. In January I decided that I will not sell a single coin at lower than what I bought it for, so more and more coins got locked out from trading by that decision, on the other hand, I had 0 losses and a few BTC gains. And another part of my strategy is to remove a fraction of BTC to cold storage each week.

On the other hand, I've been transferring fresh fiat to the exchange and buying each week on the way down, and I am almost, but not entirely out of fiat on the exchange. If you read my message correctly, I said that it was a pity that refund money didn't come earlier, because I am fully aware that we are near or at a bottom. The refund money will be converted back to BTC next week whatever the price (another of my decisions was to buy for at least 80% of fresh fiat immediately upon deposit), but you should agree that it's always a nice bonus when it's done at a bottom.

I am also of the opinion that this week-end will see a flash-crash, as we are still in the down-trend, so my remaining fiat is locked accordingly in the preset buy limit orders.

Pretty much everybody like me bought near the bottom, sold over $600, and are waiting to scoop 'em up again if that happens. There may indeed be a retest of the lows, but normal FUD won't take us all the way there. Only a new inbound bombshell would do that.
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
and... I'm partially saved. 1000 BTC to go until I'm liquid  Smiley
donator
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
-Bitcoin & Ripple-
HERE WE GO GOX TO $200 in 20min !!!!
Activity: 681
Merit: 507
soon 2 gox btc = 1 stamp btc.

Activity: 308

spread gox/stamp in %
Activity: 644
Is so nice seeing my money just vanish into the internet.  Huh

Ok guys so what lesson have we learned ?

What is the moral of the story ?
5 more dollars and I'm done
damn someone just dumped 2k in 3 minutes
btc.sx
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1003
WePower.red
This is fu**** crazy guys. Gox to zero.

Dumper probably owned 100k BTC... all went in last days.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Another 900 dumped on Gox.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1003
WePower.red
Goodbye. I'm about to be liquidated  Embarrassed

How you trade with leverage on gox?
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106
lol, stamp moving back towards 600 while gox chokes down under 330..  Cheesy
someone just dumped another 1000 on gox  Sad
Activity: 216
Merit: 100
RicePicker

Under your username it says feeling bearish... Yet you decide to go long?
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
dumps like a truck.
and another 600  Roll Eyes

Cry
 Cry Cry
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
I've asked for a refund of Neptune last week, and got the money back today. Quick and professional customer service.
My main concern was that according to this calculator http://btcinvest.net/en/bitcoin-mining-profit-calculator.php, the miner would need to come on line end of March at the latest to break even. I'll be watching KnC's foray into cloudhashing with interest, and maybe buy shares from them if they would appear to be at least a little profitable.

In the meantime, the fiat money that I got refunded got redirected strait back to Bitstamp, and if the price on Monday/Tuesday stays about the same as today, I will have made BTC6 of pure profit. Cheesy

...and pity that I won't have fresh fiat on the exchange for the week-end, as I expect we'll be re-testing the lows.

I call bullshit. If you really thought that, sell your coins there and buy back in cheaper.  

Here comes the FUD brigade, wanting cheap coins before the Big Fix. Sorry you missed the bottom, Guys, but it's in the rear view mirror.

Please, choose your accusations more carefully.

I am in the mode, where I play with 3-4 BTC, the rest gets moved to cold storage or waits for a spike in preset high sell orders. In January I decided that I will not sell a single coin at lower than what I bought it for, so more and more coins got locked out from trading by that decision, on the other hand, I had 0 losses and a few BTC gains. And another part of my strategy is to remove a fraction of BTC to cold storage each week.

On the other hand, I've been transferring fresh fiat to the exchange and buying each week on the way down, and I am almost, but not entirely out of fiat on the exchange. If you read my message correctly, I said that it was a pity that refund money didn't come earlier, because I am fully aware that we are near or at a bottom. The refund money will be converted back to BTC next week whatever the price (another of my decisions was to buy for at least 80% of fresh fiat immediately upon deposit), but you should agree that it's always a nice bonus when it's done at a bottom.

I am also of the opinion that this week-end will see a flash-crash, as we are still in the down-trend, so my remaining fiat is locked accordingly in the preset buy limit orders.
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!
"Wish I withdrawdl 3 months ago from Gox" - Gox trader, February 2014

"Wish I have some fresh fiat at Gox right now" - Venture Capitalist, February 2014
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007
Hide your women
Cry another 400 dumped

I'm glad we are getting rid of you dumpers  Smiley

Do you think they instantly withdraw their money or do you think they buy back lower ?  Wink

Hmmmm. The great Doyle Brunson once said "You can shear a sheep many times, but you can skin him only once."

Somehow I think that applies.
Activity: 644
"Wish I withdrawdl 3 months ago from Gox" - Gox trader, February 2014
Jump to: