Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 29001. (Read 26382433 times)

legendary
Activity: 2171
Merit: 1201
yea yea yea

lets go new ATH already...

Meh not yet, looks like just a manipulation...
Activity: 520
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035
yea yea yea

lets go new ATH already...
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
billiejoeallen, you are more or less correct regarding the inflation issue. While Krugman et al, and all the other keynesian weenies will lambast deflationary currencies because they "don't get spent," what is really the issue here is that inflationary currencies are a "hot potato!" They lose value over time! So correct, there is little incentive to thrift and save, or "ECONOMIZE." Many people forget the definition of the word "economy." So in viewing inflation as "good" because it "encourages spending" and thus stimulates the economy, we can easily forget that it is a slippery slope, a runaway path, and not a sustainable way to stimulate the economy. A healthy economy is actually economical - not full of useless plastic crap and exploitative business models, and an endless desire to consume consume consume, a bottomless pit of consumption.

We can actually view inflationary fiat currency as a wild variation of the "broken window theory" - give people money that damages itself, and it will be spent faster, and in a less sustainable fashion, than money that slowly increases in value or at least remains stable! But keynesians see it being spent more, and spent faster, and see this as a positive thing no matter what the consequences of a "spend all the money!" type of economy - filled with bubbles and useless crap.
Doesn't change the fact that it is outright theft, and is the complete opposite of "economy," to use that word in its original sense.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Someone at gox knows something we don't?

Yeah , they know how many coins they have lost and how many usd they have thrown out of the window.

Cheesy Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 6108
Blackjack.fun
hum.. quick question off topic but since this thread seems highly reactive: how do you resize pictures you post here using BBcode? (couldnt find the answer, the research tool bar is not very accurate)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=help;page=post
img width=48 height=48 with []
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 6108
Blackjack.fun

Yeah , they know how many coins they have lost and how many usd they have thrown out of the window.
N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010
To all those who don't understand why feedback loops trump "news", this comment explains it all.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
hum.. quick question off topic but since this thread seems highly reactive: how do you resize pictures you post here using BBcode? (couldnt find the answer, the research tool bar is not very accurate)
legendary
Wohooo we´re getting some action, people panic buying... @stamp
N12
donator
I do wonder when Bitstamp will have its withdrawals ready again.
legendary
Was going to panic buy but Ill wait and risk it ^^
N12
donator
Keep stroking that shriveled up US-centric, climate change denying old man cock. It'll grow again one day, I'm sure Cheesy
Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Don't forget "bitcoin cultist".
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007
Hide your women
legendary
Get ready for a dump  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007
Hide your women
no, but it's getting a little old .... : -)  ....

Stamp's doing nothing, and Gox dosen't matter, so we're doing something else until there's a movement.
Activity: 378
and a 141 buy on stamp ...
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029
Sine secretum non libertas

America is a net oil exporter. Didn'tcha know?

Exporter of crude oil.  Importer of refined petroleum products.

Activity: 378
'k i'll start. looks like BTC-e is headed upon that tweet ...
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029
Sine secretum non libertas
Again, how far between recharges and how long does a recharge take?
About 200 miles.  You can swap the battery in about 2 minutes.

If I want power, I'll drive my Yamaha R6 at 170 mph and get 45 MPG. oh, and it cost $10 grand TT&L included.

That's a very different use case.

Tesla is a luxury status symbol BECAUSE it is an unnecessary expense.

Perhaps.  I don't care about status.  I don't care about CO2.  I care about power, safety, comfort.  For me, the Model S is simply the best car ever made.  The attention to detail is amazing.  Silent, smooth, and the safest car you can buy.
Jump to: