Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 31843. (Read 26394130 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 100
MARKETPLACE FOR PAID ADVICE LIVE BROADCASTS
So what will happen now?
Mt gox will die? Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
100 satoshis -> ISO code
Why would they have waited so much weeks?
It might be an explanation but only for a very small part ...

Many people have waited many weeks while mtgox filled their ears with the siren song of "only two more weeks"TM

Some of these people finally cracked and bailed out to get what they can get in fiat.
Activity: 252
MARKETPLACE FOR PAID ADVICE LIVE BROADCASTS
how about going with the simplest and most plausible explanation.

some people have money stuck on gox, have to pay some bills and were not able to get a large wire out, thus they bought btc on gox, sent it to bitstamp and are dumping so they have some cash to pay their bills.  Or to pay a bill/invoice from a merchant that uses bitstamp or one of the party payment providers that use bitstamp

simple enough?

also look at the macd on the 1 and 3 day charts...

Why would they have waited so much weeks?
It might be an explanation but only for a very small part ...
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1068

some people have money stuck on gox, have to pay some bills and were not able to get a large wire out, thus they bought btc on gox, sent it to bitstamp and are dumping so they have some cash to pay their bills.  Or to pay a bill/invoice from a merchant that uses bitstamp or one of the party payment providers that use bitstamp

LOL, the people fleeing from MtGox because they're about to 'go bankrupt' sold their BTC and left months ago.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010
he who has the gold makes the rules

simple enough?

also look at the macd on the 1 and 3 day charts...
Activity: 205
Difference between stamp and gox 20$. Something happened?

Aliens from the planet Arf 72 descended upon us and had sex with penguins.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
Right now - some action in Bitstamp..
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
hmm...

Cheesy

good catch. Some features of cup&handle pattern:

1.) Trend: To qualify as a continuation pattern, a prior trend should exist. Ideally, the trend should be a few months old and not too mature. The more mature the trend, the less chance that the pattern marks a continuation or the less upside potential.

2.) Cup: The cup should be "U" shaped and resemble a bowl or rounding bottom. A "V" shaped bottom would be considered too sharp of a reversal to qualify. The softer "U" shape ensures that the cup is a consolidation pattern with valid support at the bottom of the "U". The perfect pattern would have equal highs on both sides of the cup, but this is not always the case.

3.) Cup Depth: Ideally, the depth of the cup should retrace 1/3 or less of the previous advance. However, with volatile markets and over-reactions, the retracement could range from 1/3 to 1/2. In extreme situations, the maximum retracement could be 2/3, which conforms with Dow Theory.

4.) Handle: After the high forms on the right side of the cup, there is a pullback that forms the handle. Sometimes this handle resembles a flag or pennant that slopes downward, other times it is just a short pullback. The handle represents the final consolidation/pullback before the big breakout and can retrace up to 1/3 of the cup's advance, but usually not more. The smaller the retracement, the more bullish the formation and significant the breakout. Sometimes it is prudent to wait for a break above the resistance line established by the highs of the cup.

5.) Duration: The cup can extend from 1 to 6 months, sometimes longer on weekly charts. The handle can be from 1 week to many weeks and ideally completes within 1-4 weeks.

6.) Volume: There should be a substantial increase in volume on the breakout above the handle's resistance.

7.) Target: The projected advance after breakout can be estimated by measuring the distance from the right peak of the cup to the bottom of the cup.

let's see what fits:

1.) prior trend: check (may be debatable)
2.) cup bottom support: check
3.) cup depth: check
4.) handle pullback: max 1/3 of cup, in progress, but so far: check
5.) FAIL, but: bitcoin may be faster
6.) to be determined
7.) Target: 150 to 155 => rocket afterwards?

fits on both bitstamp and gox.
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
2k ask wall at 144.70919

Noticed that. Also, looks like total asks went up also to 44k from 41k earlier.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
2k ask wall at 144.70919
Activity: 406
Merit: 250

That may be correct but snopes has proven to be an unreliable and/or corrupt source..  I'm not going to bother looking into it more because as I said we'll soon see and I don't live there.  Smiley
Activity: 798
Who's there?
Difference between stamp and gox 20$. Something happened?
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
if you guys haven't notice the US federal government will be shut down on tuesday. The democrats/republicans war is going to be fun. And that is why gold, silver and yes BTC are running. It should be a fun day tomorrow. I predict $200 BTC this week

interesting timing, people have been claiming a big event to go down in FEMA region 3 October 1st for quite a while based on a whole host of emergency supply contracts, military training etc all to be completed by late September to October 1st, I guess we'll soon see.
legendary
Activity: 1168
lol at the Bitstamp wall. Looks like somebody is trying to engineer a nice pullback. Tongue

This has been happening for a few days.  Gox has appeared to just be ignoring (and inevitably someone eats down the wall).
Oh, I hadn't seen this before. I must be slacking in my wall-watching skills.

Yes.. someone really trying to drive the price down.  Especially right now lol
legendary
Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511
lol at the Bitstamp wall. Looks like somebody is trying to engineer a nice pullback. Tongue

This has been happening for a few days.  Gox has appeared to just be ignoring (and inevitably someone eats down the wall).
Oh, I hadn't seen this before. I must be slacking in my wall-watching skills.
legendary
Activity: 1168

legendary
Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511
legendary
Activity: 1036
Thug for life!
hmmm. i thought we were due for a nice healthy fall back to the 120s. i guess, we'll see!! i am not really trading in this market....  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1068
I reckon the price will break through $150 in the next 24 hours. Just a hunch.
uyo
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
It shows that the market did not crash when mtgox went away. It just continued from the same level as before. It means the following scenario is unlikely.

... With gox losing its market share and ask sum at other exchanges growing, the market peaks and a crash follows.

Oh well, I see. But similar situation can result differently, when circumstances have changed.
Jump to: