Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 31894. (Read 26412975 times)

donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
Anybody want some more good news? Cool.

Cuz bitcoin atms are coming to South America : http://www.prlog.org/12226215-bitcoin-atm-landing-in-uruguay.html

Smiley

We will have 5 of them in Finland next month. The first will be in a premier location in the heart of the capital city.
donator
Bitcoin represents like 97% of the market cap of all crypto. Therefore for most, you save time by approximating the others to be zero (and not buy them). It takes skill to effectively play the altcoins. Personally I don't want to invest my time for such a small payoff.

I bought over 500,000 ltc at an average price close to 1 cent. You might think my gain was small but i dont.

There is some kind of skill involved, which I don't have.

Investing 3% of my cryptostash to alts, would in my case most probably lead to same returns but diminished control. Even if it goes up 10 times relative to btc, it will just increase my total wealth to 0.03*10+0.97 = 1.27 (+27%). This is almost insignificant. So in a sense, I think your gain was small Wink

I prefer to keep things simple. That is why I bought bitcoins only after the 2011 bubble, giving it ample time to turn out being a hoax. Granted I paid 10x more than some, but also made the groundwork for successful long-term holding.

27% of your overall investment is not insignificant no matter which way you look at it, especially when you would be risking only 3%.

There is currently no good reason why an altcoin would perform so well. Keeping track of all of them is also too time-consuming.

Ltc at 5 cents was a good buy. Btc can fork and kill it self. To use crypto ltc is the best option.

2 dollars id buy some but nothing crazy. But yeah. Too many alts. Im only xpm and massive ltc still.

But im still a huge btc bull. I just love all good crypto.

Even if you bought LTC at the absolute low of 0.0025, you have barely made 6x your investment, I checked it has been around 0.015. Considering that 90% of altcoins have reverted to zero, purchasing every one of them with equal amounts, would have yielded a loss of -40%. Not to mention the time it takes to play with them, and the illiquidity and some legal concerns.

Don't get me wrong, everybody is free to do what they want but most choose to spend their time on activities that do not maximize profit. (One thing that I completely don't understand is why any noob would go into mining now).

BTC is so big it won't die because of a fork. But you are right that LTC is the silver currency at present. Perhaps I should buy some. Do you have any idea when it reaches bottom?
Activity: 454
Merit: 250
Anybody want some more good news? Cool.

Cuz bitcoin atms are coming to South America : http://www.prlog.org/12226215-bitcoin-atm-landing-in-uruguay.html

Smiley
vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
bitcoin is shooting for the stars again?

Now it's the time to write 180® next friday™
Kj1
Activity: 434
curious about the 2K wall at bitstamp @ 140
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1340
I just watched that 155 wall get completely eaten by a market order, almost pushing through to 156....
Activity: 280
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1779
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1097
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
bitcoin is shooting for the stars again?

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1097
Let us continue upwards.

Somebody still believes that we will revisit the $40-$70 area ever again?

I told my wife that we would never see <100 again, and Silkroad was busted 2 days later  Grin
Activity: 516
Merit: 283

Feather coin is the future of crypto-currency, come take your place in your community!

http://feathercoin.com/

Cheesy

just send a few of BTC (only what you can afford to lose...)https://btc-e.com/ and trade it 5k FTC!

let's burn that snitch!

lmao @ jaroslaw in the mob
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
Help I'm short XBT and the train is leaving.
donator
Let us continue upwards.

Somebody still believes that we will revisit the $40-$70 area ever again?
Activity: 280
Let us continue upwards.

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
Bitcoin represents like 97% of the market cap of all crypto. Therefore for most, you save time by approximating the others to be zero (and not buy them). It takes skill to effectively play the altcoins. Personally I don't want to invest my time for such a small payoff.

I bought over 500,000 ltc at an average price close to 1 cent. You might think my gain was small but i dont.

Investing 3% of my cryptostash to alts, would in my case most probably lead to same returns but diminished control. Even if it goes up 10 times relative to btc, it will just increase my total wealth to 0.03*10+0.97 = 1.27 (+27%). This is almost insignificant. So in a sense, I think your gain was small Wink

I prefer to keep things simple. That is why I bought bitcoins only after the 2011 bubble, giving it ample time to turn out being a hoax. Granted I paid 10x more than some, but also made the groundwork for successful long-term holding.

27% of your overall investment is not insignificant no matter which way you look at it, especially when you would be risking only 3%.

There is currently no good reason why an altcoin would perform so well. Keeping track of all of them is also too time-consuming.

There is, but it's like gambling. It's all on the whim of Karpels from GOX.
donator

legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

donator

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
Jump to: