Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 319. (Read 26463877 times)

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1884
Verified Bitcoin Hodler

17.6% Lost
+5.2% Satoshi Wallet
=22.8% Forget it  

6.6% yet to be minded… there’s your chance.

Really surprising, I imagined that the institutional ones had a lot more bitcoins... that's what it appeared to be, after all they are the owners of the money printer... but this shows that they are still a long way from being dominant, I think it will be a task practically impossible for them... we hodlers dominate.

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

Explanation
Chartbuddy thanks talkimg.com
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 10832
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
Activity: 364
Merit: 629
In ₿ we trust

17.6% Lost
+5.2% Satoshi Wallet
=22.8% Forget it  

Really surprising, I imagined that the institutional ones had a lot more bitcoins... that's what it appeared to be, after all they are the owners of the money printer... but this shows that they are still a long way from being dominant, I think it will be a task practically impossible for them... we hodlers dominate.
legendary
Merit: 16328
Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23
Under Naples sun
Wall observers breaking bread
We did come from far

Enjoying the moment.

Stealing pizza secrets for the next Bitcointalk contest?
Enjoy the Costiera; watch out for the supervolcano!
legendary
Activity: 3150
Merit: 2257
I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

17.6% Lost
+5.2% Satoshi Wallet
=22.8% Forget it 

Interesting. I wonder how they define "lost". There have been bitcoins that have not moved in a long time for a good set of reasons. :-)
legendary

Explanation
legendary

Explanation
copper member
Activity: 1526
Merit: 2890

17.6% Lost
+5.2% Satoshi Wallet
=22.8% Forget it 

legendary

Explanation
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 3038
A grey summer sky
Our lille fiend is boring
When rollercoaster?

#haiku
legendary

Explanation
legendary

Explanation
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
A possibility: OTC whales are people like C. Palihapitiya, who promoted SPACs before (yikes!) and now profess suspiciously bullish targets for bitcoin.
On WS, if you are very bullish, it means that you want to sell and vice versa.
People like Chamath (but not necessarily himself) are selling into ETF accumulation, perhaps (this was also proposed by @dragonvslinux).
If so, this may continue for a while (maybe even for the rest of the year or at least until September).

Another, worse possibility, is that in the eyes of Silicon Valley "elite", at some point bitcoin will compete for electricity resources with AI data centers.
Who do you think they would preferentially back?

Considering everything, I still think that bitcoin should attain approximately gold value (15-16 tril as of now) in due course.
That would be 750-800K/btc. The question is-would it happen in this cycle (hopefully) or the next one (more likely lately).
legendary

Explanation
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 2963
Man who stares at charts (and stars, too...)

Also, liquid cooling is very efficient, but I don't like the feeling of having liquid flowing inside the PC case. I prefer good air cooling.

well be aware AMD recommended a  240 or 360 mm rad with water cooling for their 5900/5950 parts with are 12/24 and 16/32 treads . all big cores.

of course big honking air coolers can put up some serious cooling if done right.
ive run several AIO water setups over many years for the cpu with no problems.. and i run then pumps 24/7 with the fans occasionally turning off .  both radiators and pumps are corsair.. a Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix Liquid CPU Cooler for an amd 5900X thats run constant for about a year (i never turn the main computers off) . the corsair H80 (i think) and thats was built like 7 years ago? it runs 24/7 also and is still running im my home lab.

so a name brand aio is is likely to last, its the custom loops that could be issues - mainly due to operator error issues.

remember HEAT DEGRADES (well slowly) electronics, so good cooling on the NVMEs drives, chipset, and cpu gpu(s) plus serious case airflow

i have a lianli O11 dynamic. 360 rad on the side, then on the ceiling and floor each has 2 140s and a 120

I was building custom watercooled systems for overclocking after the millenium with a former collegue, for our gaming systems, with coolers outside the actual case (these things were BIG in size, with the aquarium pump and water tank. The most sick thing i have seen in that time while browsing the internet for ideas was a dude that had a water cooler outside the house, with water hoses buried in his garden, connectors on his PCs, pipes going through the building's outer wall in several rooms, also with connectors and just connected his PCs with tubes, fitted with connectors to the "inhouse cooling circuit", just like with those vacuum cleaner systems built into homes.  Shocked

Today, i have a corsair watercooling system in my gaming PC. It's reliably built and even if it would leak, thermal throttling would save the cpu, the chipset/bridge could take higher temperatures for a while, and the non-conductive fluid wouldn't do much harm to the 12V electronics inside, too. The GPU cooler is way noisier than the watercooling-fans under full load and the temps are also ramping up on the GPU, while the CPU stays in a convenient range. I have to check the specs of the system, but it looks way oversized, compared to what i already knew, so i might have a good chance to include the GPU into the watercooling circuit. I don't feel very comfortable when the Nvidia chip is reaching +85°C Temperatures while the cooler (actually two fans) spins at top speed.
I consider commercial watercooling as safe, never heard of any related accidents.

Good recommendations, thanks. I know liquid cooling is safe nowadays, with good brand AIO setups. My current build (late-2022) uses a chunky be quiet! air cooler, which looks...cool, but is barely enough for my i9-13900K at stock speed.

I will likely be using an AIO in my next build, unless some major tech change happens in CPU design and efficiency improves. I tend to keep my PCs for many years.

Regarding Aircooling, i had the best experiences with Noctua coolers (and fans) in my newer systems (last 10 years or so).
You need a good board that can take the weight and a case with good airflow and enough room, in summer i used to take off the side panel of the tower case, sometimes.
Before the Noctua era, i used to use Zalman (Pentium times) fanless coolers which were cooled with fans, which i mounted on custom holders over the fins without touching them (decoupled), which was much more silent.

EDIT: In retrospect, i can't imagine living the boring life of a non-geek  Cool Tongue
legendary

Explanation
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 4576
Addicted to HoDLing!

Also, liquid cooling is very efficient, but I don't like the feeling of having liquid flowing inside the PC case. I prefer good air cooling.

well be aware AMD recommended a  240 or 360 mm rad with water cooling for their 5900/5950 parts with are 12/24 and 16/32 treads . all big cores.

of course big honking air coolers can put up some serious cooling if done right.
ive run several AIO water setups over many years for the cpu with no problems.. and i run then pumps 24/7 with the fans occasionally turning off .  both radiators and pumps are corsair.. a Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix Liquid CPU Cooler for an amd 5900X thats run constant for about a year (i never turn the main computers off) . the corsair H80 (i think) and thats was built like 7 years ago? it runs 24/7 also and is still running im my home lab.

so a name brand aio is is likely to last, its the custom loops that could be issues - mainly due to operator error issues.

remember HEAT DEGRADES (well slowly) electronics, so good cooling on the NVMEs drives, chipset, and cpu gpu(s) plus serious case airflow

i have a lianli O11 dynamic. 360 rad on the side, then on the ceiling and floor each has 2 140s and a 120

Good recommendations, thanks. I know liquid cooling is safe nowadays, with good brand AIO setups. My current build (late-2022) uses a chunky be quiet! air cooler, which looks...cool, but is barely enough for my i9-13900K at stock speed.

I will likely be using an AIO in my next build, unless some major tech change happens in CPU design and efficiency improves. I tend to keep my PCs for many years.
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

well be aware AMD recommended a  240 or 360 mm rad with water cooling for their 5900/5950 parts with are 12/24 and 16/32 treads . all big cores.

ive run several AIO water setups over many years for the cpu with no problems.. and i run then pumps 24/7 with the fans occasionally turning off .  both radiators and pumps are corsair.. a Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix Liquid CPU Cooler for an amd 5900X thats run constant for about a year (i never turn the main computers off) . the corsair H80 (i think) and thats was built like 7 years ago? it runs 24/7 also and is still running im my home lab.

legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
Today Microstrategy announced the early call of a Convertible bond for 650 millions, and the issue of a new one up to 575 millions.

Can you translate the financial institutional fuckery language here for those of us that opt out.

Translation: MSTR converts debt into company stock, thereby extinguishing that debt WITHOUT needing to raise cash to repay (by selling bitcoin, for example).
The end result: MSTR shares are being diluted... and as expected, MSTR moves lower today. All logical. From a note holders point of view, they get 1531-397=3.86X (286%) their money and would have cash to invest in the next tranche that MSTR is proposing. Both sides "win".
Jump to: