Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 31959. (Read 26470476 times)

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1013
I would actually prefer if the price stabilized right around here and consolidated for a couple of weeks before moving on. To much of a hype right now, and the base is way down lower, around 185-200. I am afraid that a failed attempt to break through ATH would be very bad right now.
October looks a lot like January.

Activity: 533
Merit: 539
the gap between stamp and gox is getting smaller and smaller.
Just 4$ now or~1.5%.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
I would actually prefer if the price stabilized right around here and consolidated for a couple of weeks before moving on. To much of a hype right now, and the base is way down lower, around 185-200. I am afraid that a failed attempt to break through ATH would be very bad right now.
Activity: 533
Merit: 539

bitcoin.de has breached "typical price" all-time-high

what's "typical price"? I don't know.

I think it is meant as the daily median.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
More than bitstamp and gox put together!

Well when there is no exchange penalty (i.e. fees) for making many trades what would you expect?
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
More than bitstamp and gox put together!
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002
Strange, yet attractive.
Market   Last         Volume (24h)   
btcnCNY   1485.6000      48,251.09   

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
maz
Activity: 140
Looks like there are no SEPA deposit-queue problems on Bitstamp.

Not at all, I did a transfer yesterday morning from UK and it was in by lunch time ready to trade.
Activity: 196
Looks like there are no SEPA deposit-queue problems on Bitstamp.
Activity: 354
Merit: 251
coinorama.net

Bitcoin.de shows as highest price 273 euro (= $368) during the past 30 days (also ATH), is it actually possible to sell bitcoins at that price on bitcoin.de or were those just very tiny orders like 0.001 BTC?

Yes, it is possible to sell/buy at any price. Bitcoin.de works as an escrow for direct user-to-user bank transfers.
Some users may have some motivation (no other bid/sell for a given country, of a certain amount, etc.) to buy/sell at extravagant prices.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin.de shows as highest price 273 euro (= $368) during the past 30 days (also ATH), is it actually possible to sell bitcoins at that price on bitcoin.de or were those just very tiny orders like 0.001 BTC?
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Two of those walls on Stamp just disappeared. Market order incoming? Or dump?

Odds are they'll pop up as walls again sooner than later Smiley
Two of those walls on Stamp just disappeared. Market order incoming? Or dump?

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

'typical price' is similar to 'median price' in that it takes the middle value between the extrema of the period (highest price, lowest price), only difference: 'typcial' throws in closing price as well, which is IMO pretty arbitrary, so median is usually more informative.

but, yeah, I noted it as well and made a post yesterday: we've surpassed the previous daily median price ATH, on mtgox and bitstamp. didn't check btc china, but I'll guess there as well Cheesy
Activity: 894
Merit: 501
big ask walls on btcchina and gox not really getting nibbled. Disappointingly shallow, rapidly recovering dump incoming!
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
What happens when we hit 266?  Huh

You can imagine. A lot of USD trapped on Gox, and an increasing scarcity of coins, which usually preceeds bubbles... See graph below.

After $266 -> to the moon.

Is that really still true though? People have had plenty of time to get their Fiat off Gox, but they didn't. And up until a day ago when I was watching GoxTools regularly, the amount of Fiat on Gox seemed to go UP by a couple million dollars. So, I don't know if that logic really applies anymore or if this price differential just sort of represents the service levels offered by each exchange. 
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
I can't believe I am here again watching Bitcoin price rising towards $266, everything about it seems to be magic.
Magic, only to the uninformed. This was expected.

No Magic the Gathering Wink
Stamp is really bullish.

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005
I can't believe I am here again watching Bitcoin price rising towards $266, everything about it seems to be magic.
Magic, only to the uninformed. This was expected.
Jump to: