Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 31956. (Read 26470443 times)

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
Gox BTC withdraws are taking ages again.
Smiley i was just about to post a question on this subject.
withdrew my last coins there and got more and more nervous because my txid hasn't shown up at blockchain.info after half an hour.
i've never had this problem before, how long can this take at maximum?

god damn gox, they say they "did alot for bitcoin" but wtf...
i'll bet 0.00000001 btc that your tx will be on the blockchain at some point in the distant future. 
Activity: 770
Merit: 501
Smiley i was just about to post a question on this subject.
withdrew my last coins there and got more and more nervous because my txid hasn't shown up at blockchain.info after half an hour.
i've never had this problem before, how long can this take at maximum?
Activity: 342
Merit: 250
I had to quit my day job in April because I could no longer in good conscience take a paycheck when I was spending all day watching Bitcoinity.

I was thinking the other day that we need a new statistic to track this type of lost productivity. I propose "days Bitcoin destroyed."
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
I just made .3 btc on stamp from the move.. why the hell don't they have a unified screen where you can cancel and place orders, too many clicks navigating around the site.  Otherwise, I am digging stamp, way cheaper commissions = I can make money and not just give it all to gox.

The UI needs help though way too convoluted to reach your open orders unless i'm missing something.
I keep 4 tabs open: open orders, recent transactions, order book and buy/sell.
Fewer clicks. You can also cancel your open orders from the oder book screen by clicking on the order which conrains your order (green triangle in the corner)

Cheers I tried the multiple tabs method but was getting strange behaviour.. however that could have been in my head and i'll give it another go.

stamp order book page stopped refreshing like before and is memory & cpu hog (on chrome at least)   
Activity: 280
Ready to test $250 again.

Activity: 252
Try RTBTC.com  Clark recently added Bitstamp support and everything is right in front of you.  I never need to open Bitstamp.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106
I just made .3 btc on stamp from the move.. why the hell don't they have a unified screen where you can cancel and place orders, too many clicks navigating around the site.  Otherwise, I am digging stamp, way cheaper commissions = I can make money and not just give it all to gox.

The UI needs help though way too convoluted to reach your open orders unless i'm missing something.
Fewer clicks. You can also cancel your open orders from the oder book screen by clicking on the order which conrains your order (green triangle in the corner)

yeah just like multi-table online poker...
Activity: 854

I've very happy to say I'll never be using Gox, ever again, period.

I say as I have their API open ...
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

Cheers I tried the multiple tabs method but was getting strange behaviour.. however that could have been in my head and i'll give it another go.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

Activity: 605
Merit: 634
I had to quit my day job in April because I could no longer in good conscience take a paycheck when I was spending all day watching Bitcoinity.

I am lucky / cursed.. depends on what way you want to look at it. I'm often so idle at work that I have little else to be doing, except looking at charts and reading on here. It's not my fault if they dont give me enough work to do!!

This is your boss, come to my office NOW.

j/k

legendary
Activity: 1267

Grin Grin Grin  you guys are killin' me!
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Anybody else noticed the single bid ~700BTC @143.0 before the dump?
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 2267
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
Activity: 707
Merit: 500

I am lucky / cursed.. depends on what way you want to look at it. I'm often so idle at work that I have little else to be doing, except looking at charts and reading on here. It's not my fault if they dont give me enough work to do!!
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

bitcoin.de has breached "typical price" all-time-high

what's "typical price"? I don't know.

Bitcoin.de shows as highest price 273 euro (= $368) during the past 30 days (also ATH), is it actually possible to sell bitcoins at that price on bitcoin.de or were those just very tiny orders like 0.001 BTC?

bitcoin.de doesn't function like a "normal" market. It's more of an ebay for bitcoin. You can take any offer from the order book.

Why people take offers that are way outside the range of "good" offers eludes me. Maybe they're generating tax-relevant data, I'm not sure.
Jump to: