Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32025. (Read 26471356 times)

donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
[img width]https://i.imgur.com/HHJa7aO.png[/img]

bam

well, this might be distorted... there was a post on reddit and subsequent editing of the article. So it received more attention. Probably doesn't reflect an equal increase of public interest in bitcoin.
Activity: 826
Merit: 508
Is Gox frozen or something? I see like 2 or 3 trades in the last half hour. Site seems up though.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
Enabling the maximal migration
legendary
Activity: 1372
I am a Canadian, and I'm sorry.
Checks out, he is Canadian!

lol, check on what everyone says?
Just that as a Canadian they stereotypical say sorry. That's all I was saying.

they are known for being polite Smiley
And if you ask a question they will always preface it with "I think" even when they are 100% sure.r
Activity: 994
Merit: 507

lol, check on what everyone says?
Just that as a Canadian they stereotypical say sorry. That's all I was saying.
Activity: 179
Merit: 100

The atm machine is actually using bitstamp as their exchange as cavirtex was unresponsive.
legendary
Activity: 1372
I'm Canadian too, unless that's a problem... most knowledgeable folk who have a great public sector job when discussing Bitcoin are invested in the current system. They want there house to maintain or increase in value, they think we're in a tight spot and QE and Canada's "Action Plan" stimulus is working out. 

They don't understand what backs Bitcoin and when I point out it's backed by whatever I'm or anyone else is voluntarily willing to trade for it they quit talking about it and end off with the "I just don't know" ultimately it depends who you talk to.

I'm hoping the media sparks more in-depth research.
legendary
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
is it dump o'clock yet?
Activity: 826
Merit: 508

Bears got a shot here, maybe. What do you think?  Cheesy

210 being sold into. Let's see where this goes...  Cool

Activity: 994
Merit: 507
legendary
legendary
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
http://www.cbc.ca/player/Embedded-Only/News/BC/ID/2414917638/  lmao!

Next Bitcoin ATM Downtown Montreal. cant wait to try it!

What's up with all the negative comments on cbc? Seems a lot of people in canada are scared of bitcoin.

If you are honest with yourself and someone came up to you and told you about this digital money that can equal a bazillion percent increase in value wouldn't YOU be skeptical? Add that with the brain filter removing property of the Internet and you have every comment on a bitcoin article ever.
legendary
Activity: 1008

What's up with all the negative comments on cbc? Seems a lot of people in canada are scared of bitcoin.

I think it's because the Bitcoin concept appeals more easily to those who are at least a bit distrustful of their government. Say what you want about Americans, but I think they have a healthy distrust of their government, whereas Canadians are much more supportive (and relatively less supportive of free enterprise). I am a Canadian, and I'm sorry.
Activity: 669
Merit: 500

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

Re: our last exchange, I see what you are saying about speculators and think you could be correct to some point. See, we didn't disagree as much as we initially thought.

Regarding this chart, I definitely think the bears have a chance. I think we have a lot of resistance right now all the way up to 233. If we can even get close to 233 in the next couple of weeks we will have major resistance there. And if we clear that, we will have major resistance at 266.

We have come a long way in the last month ($100+ since low) and I think there is a lot of reason to suspect that we don't go much higher or to an ATH until 2014.

The holidays are coming, which means less $$ invested in markets and more money invested in gifts/shopping for the kids and family. A new year normally always brings more confidence and a renewed since of optimism in people's lives and often to markets.

I would bet we don't end the year more than $20 up or down from where we are today. And barring really bad news (which I must admit, knock on wood, seems to be getting less and less a concern of mine with the spread of bitcoin mania) I think we will make a push for a major run up in the first quarter of 2014.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
legendary
Activity: 1168

I think Gox is dead and just passively tracking btcchina these past few days.   Grin

r/bitcoin has exploded today with people asking about buying/getting into bitcoin..  pretty interesting to watch and participate in.
Jump to: