Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32031. (Read 26471408 times)

donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
I think there are 3 types of bitcoiners at the moment.

1) The pre-$135/btc long term holder, who knows that right now btc's true value is not ~$200 and they will not buy at that price, when a discount may be around the corner, and feel btc's true value is around $100-$150.

2) day traders, don't care what the price is but the market volatility just now is not inviting to participate in.

3) October 2013 new blood from recent spike, to these folk anything under $230 is a good price as they have seen it's potential. They are probably the ones fueling this dance around the $200 mark.

A lot of excitement about the price rise recently but it appears to have no determination to continue. i think we are looking at $140 - $170 without a panic, in the following weeks. With panic who knows....The Chinese love their money, if it starts disappearing in front of their eyes....

4) True believers which think everything below $10,000 is too cheap to sell.

5) Ultimate believers that measure all their gains and losses in bitcoins and are hell-bent on increasing their bitcoin balance in every opportunity. "Selling" in their terminology is obtaining more bitcoins and USD is only relevant in the timing of gaining more coins.
maz
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Why so slow? Everything bitcoin related is blowing up at the moment.

Indeed, although good news has a 1-2 week delay normally before it affects the price.

But that $27 to $855,000 story is everywhere. And just after the Novogratz thing... uh oh  Cool

If you read those news articles and your a geek, your probably already own bitcoin. If your not a geek, your probably an average Joe that will look up the bitcoin wiki site and go..what the hell? crypto what?
legendary
Activity: 1168
Merit: 1000
You're a little bitch if you sold yesterday or early today.  Cheesy

Peace and love.
Activity: 826
Merit: 508
Somebody hit me with some bear, please! Not enough bears around here -- this makes me worry.  Undecided
Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Indeed, although good news has a 1-2 week delay normally before it affects the price.

But that $27 to $855,000 story is everywhere. And just after the Novogratz thing... uh oh  Cool

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
i'm paying my bills, next week i'm going all in, i've seen enough... i advise everyone to GET YOUR MONEY OUT OF THE BANKS! and encrypt your ass, see you all on the other side. good luck.

time is now.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Ultranode
Maybe it is and always was a fake/manipulator-controlled pump.
Activity: 504
I think everyone is waiting for a dip.
Activity: 518

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe the community has just gotten that used to this so of stuff.
Activity: 454
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
maz
http://www.businessinsider.com/man-buys-bitcoin-forgets-about-it-remembers-finds-a-fortune-2013-10

"Kristoffer Koch invested 150 kroner ($26.60) in 5,000 bitcoins in 2009, after discovering them during the course of writing a thesis on encryption"

moral of the story?

buy $26.60 of btc, and wait 4 years

I have about 0.000145 in a slush pool account that I couldn't get out because it wasn't a large enough amount....it was from my failed laptop mining days....it humors me to think that one day that might be worth something...
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010
he who has the gold makes the rules
http://www.businessinsider.com/man-buys-bitcoin-forgets-about-it-remembers-finds-a-fortune-2013-10

"Kristoffer Koch invested 150 kroner ($26.60) in 5,000 bitcoins in 2009, after discovering them during the course of writing a thesis on encryption"

moral of the story?

buy $26.60 of btc, and wait 4 years
maz
Note to self: Below $200 == dip.

Yeah, the times are back..

holding fiat or anything else equals shorting bitcoin, 'cause you could have bought bitcoins if you sold that other stuff

I'm starting to feel sick if i'm not 100% BTC at times like these.

Someone should write a piece on Bitcoin psychology! I read posts from people trying to predict future price, and they say things like 'get in quick before the door closes cos its $1000 per coin soon choo choo, blah blah' you start shitting yourself.

Then I go to the in-laws farm for the weekend and no one in that village has even heard of bitcoin....and I start thinking, whats all the fuss about?

holding fiat or anything else equals shorting bitcoin, 'cause you could have bought bitcoins if you sold that other stuff

How will you feel if the bearish wedge we are seeing now breaks downwards?  Cheesy
Activity: 238

legendary
Activity: 1193
Merit: 1003
9.9.2012: I predict that single digits... <- FAIL
I think there are 3 types of bitcoiners at the moment.

1) The pre-$135/btc long term holder, who knows that right now btc's true value is not ~$200 and they will not buy at that price, when a discount may be around the corner, and feel btc's true value is around $100-$150.

2) day traders, don't care what the price is but the market volatility just now is not inviting to participate in.

3) October 2013 new blood from recent spike, to these folk anything under $230 is a good price as they have seen it's potential. They are probably the ones fueling this dance around the $200 mark.

A lot of excitement about the price rise recently but it appears to have no determination to continue. i think we are looking at $140 - $170 without a panic, in the following weeks. With panic who knows....The Chinese love their money, if it starts disappearing in front of their eyes....

4) True believers which think everything below $10,000 is too cheap to sell.
That's just it. For the tiny "market" bitcoin actually services at this very moment, the 2 billion cap is grossly overvalued.

Undervalued like hell though when you look at the potential of this thing and the scope of things to come. So it's just people speculating for a profit right now. Greed at work.

Not greed, speculators play a very important role in markets.  And obviously it's valued on its potential.  You'd be a pretty broke investor if you weren't looking or attempting to anticipate the future.

Indeed, some investors are investing long term based on potential. But many are trading based on short to mid term profits -- they aren't the crowd going on about 7-figure $ value BTC.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0

Yep, that's me. I wouldn't mind if the price goes up more, but I wouldn't buy more at these prices, let the others take the high risk.
legendary
Activity: 1168
Merit: 1000
That's just it. For the tiny "market" bitcoin actually services at this very moment, the 2 billion cap is grossly overvalued.

Undervalued like hell though when you look at the potential of this thing and the scope of things to come. So it's just people speculating for a profit right now. Greed at work.

Not greed, speculators play a very important role in markets.  And obviously it's valued on its potential.  You'd be a pretty broke investor if you weren't looking or attempting to anticipate the future.
Jump to: