Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32032. (Read 26471458 times)

maz
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Note to self: Below $200 == dip.

Yeah, the times are back..

holding fiat or anything else equals shorting bitcoin, 'cause you could have bought bitcoins if you sold that other stuff

I'm starting to feel sick if i'm not 100% BTC at times like these.

Someone should write a piece on Bitcoin psychology! I read posts from people trying to predict future price, and they say things like 'get in quick before the door closes cos its $1000 per coin soon choo choo, blah blah' you start shitting yourself.

Then I go to the in-laws farm for the weekend and no one in that village has even heard of bitcoin....and I start thinking, whats all the fuss about?
Activity: 826
Merit: 508

holding fiat or anything else equals shorting bitcoin, 'cause you could have bought bitcoins if you sold that other stuff

How will you feel if the bearish wedge we are seeing now breaks downwards?  Cheesy
Activity: 238

legendary
Activity: 1193
Merit: 1003
9.9.2012: I predict that single digits... <- FAIL
I think there are 3 types of bitcoiners at the moment.

1) The pre-$135/btc long term holder, who knows that right now btc's true value is not ~$200 and they will not buy at that price, when a discount may be around the corner, and feel btc's true value is around $100-$150.

2) day traders, don't care what the price is but the market volatility just now is not inviting to participate in.

3) October 2013 new blood from recent spike, to these folk anything under $230 is a good price as they have seen it's potential. They are probably the ones fueling this dance around the $200 mark.

A lot of excitement about the price rise recently but it appears to have no determination to continue. i think we are looking at $140 - $170 without a panic, in the following weeks. With panic who knows....The Chinese love their money, if it starts disappearing in front of their eyes....

4) True believers which think everything below $10,000 is too cheap to sell.
That's just it. For the tiny "market" bitcoin actually services at this very moment, the 2 billion cap is grossly overvalued.

Undervalued like hell though when you look at the potential of this thing and the scope of things to come. So it's just people speculating for a profit right now. Greed at work.

Not greed, speculators play a very important role in markets.  And obviously it's valued on its potential.  You'd be a pretty broke investor if you weren't looking or attempting to anticipate the future.

Indeed, some investors are investing long term based on potential. But many are trading based on short to mid term profits -- they aren't the crowd going on about 7-figure $ value BTC.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
1) The pre-$135/btc long term holder, who knows that right now btc's true value is not ~$200 and they will not buy at that price, when a discount may be around the corner, and feel btc's true value is around $100-$150.

Yep, that's me. I wouldn't mind if the price goes up more, but I wouldn't buy more at these prices, let the others take the high risk.
legendary
Activity: 1168
Merit: 1000
That's just it. For the tiny "market" bitcoin actually services at this very moment, the 2 billion cap is grossly overvalued.

Undervalued like hell though when you look at the potential of this thing and the scope of things to come. So it's just people speculating for a profit right now. Greed at work.

Not greed, speculators play a very important role in markets.  And obviously it's valued on its potential.  You'd be a pretty broke investor if you weren't looking or attempting to anticipate the future.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
10$ to 100$ in a few months and we hear nothing...

Going from 1$ to 100$ isn't even questioned

Man, you really weren't around back then, were you?

Going from $5-$10 was questioned by the bears just as loudly as $100-200.  A few bears even had "Single digits in April 2013" as a mantra.

It's psychology.  Do you see how epic 100$ to 200$ seems to a bear?  It's a mere double up.  1$ to 10$ is a 900% increase.

And I meant we hear nothing now, not then.

Ah, gotcha.  I agree with you Smiley After a few years of this, you WOULD think bears would get used to the possibility of bitcoin just shooting up obscene percentage points, but they don't.
legendary

Going from $5-$10 was questioned by the bears just as loudly as $100-200.  A few bears even had "Single digits in April 2013" as a mantra.

It's psychology.  Do you see how epic 100$ to 200$ seems to a bear?  It's a mere double up.  1$ to 10$ is a 900% increase.

And I meant we hear nothing now, not then.
Activity: 504

Going from $5-$10 was questioned by the bears just as loudly as $100-200.  A few bears even had "Single digits in April 2013" as a mantra.
legendary
You bears are going to be pissed pretty soon (probably already).  Smiley

10$ to 100$ in a few months and we hear nothing.  Now 100$ to 200$ over 6 months, with new investors and positive news, and that's unsustainable..   Roll Eyes

Going from 1$ to 100$ isn't even questioned, but a double up over 6 months and everyone is shitting their pants.  Do you realize how tiny this market still is?  2 billion market cap, lol.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
The Chinese love their money, if it starts disappearing in front of their eyes....

I hate to break it to you, but everyone loves their money.

Don't be racist
Hourly MACD diverges as well.

Ah, bitcoincharts has been down. Anywhere else I can view technical indicators?
A lot of excitement about the price rise recently but it appears to have no determination to continue. i think we are looking at $140 - $170 without a panic, in the following weeks. With panic who knows....The Chinese love their money, if it starts disappearing in front of their eyes....
I'm starting to feel this way. Any Eliot Wave folks around here? I remember notme posting that the $233 peak was the start of an ABC corrective wave downward -- would love to see some pictures.  Smiley
maz
Activity: 140
I think there are 3 types of bitcoiners at the moment.

2) day traders, don't care what the price is but the market volatility just now is not inviting to participate in.

3) October 2013 new blood from recent spike, to these folk anything under $230 is a good price as they have seen it's potential. They are probably the ones fueling this dance around the $200 mark.

Activity: 728
Have a look at 4h and 1d also...
zby
legendary
Activity: 1592
Merit: 1001
I still see a bearish wedge on gox.
Yes, I've been watching this bearish wedge continue to rise following the correction, and wonder if it will indeed break downwards. Is this the one you mean, or are we on different time frames?

No volume here.
Yup

I'm not going all in until that breaks upward.

Hourly MACD diverges as well.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Jump to: