Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32107. (Read 26472391 times)

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010
he who has the gold makes the rules
Chinese people buy in chinese exchanges and then western people who are already familiar with the bitcoin buy in example bitstamp. Normal western people are not yet interested (google trends) but when we break ATH they will be and then everybody just BUY BUY BUY =D

It's also possible everyone who wanted to learn about bitcoin already did that back in april, and when it does hit the media those people will be like "meh, again? I'm not falling for this again!".

Those people buy when we break $500 and then they sell at the next correction bottom.

this ... is exactly why most people will not touch bitcoin with a 10 foot pole... only a few suckers will do this, and btc will get a bad reputation- it is actually pretty bad already among the normal people...

ask anyone who is a CFO or accountant if they think any large business would want to use a currency that fluctuates by 50% in any given week, and has an ultra thin market.

Now you're hitting an entirely different subject with that last remark. I'm saying the bitcoin community underestimates how many people actually know about bitcoin. I think everyone who matters (people interested in technology, IT people, general investors,...) already learned about bitcoin back in april. Never mind the regular mom and pop investors, they wouldn't touch this with a 10 foot pole as this is an investment that lies outside of the banking scheme. For the regular mom and pop investors to come in, something truly revolutionary (or cataclysmic like a US default that has people searching for a safe haven) needs to happen. Another thing, look at the possibilities one has to invest in bitcoin. One needs to transfer money to an unregulated bitcoin exchange like Bitstamp or Gox. No way regular mom and pop investors would do that. But that's long term talk. Short term we need to look at companies and people like us (technofreaks) endorsing bitcoin.

read the first sentence of the first 2 paragraphs  of satoshi's wp:

"Commerce on the Internet has come to rely almost exclusively on financial institutions serving as trusted third parties to process electronic payments"

"What is needed is an electronic payment system based on cryptographic proof instead of trust,
allowing any two willing parties to transact directly with each other without the need for a trusted
third party"

Is btc used for commerce on the Internet?

Where in the wp does it say we need a trustless asset class to invest in?

good to go back to the roots sometimes... for a reminder of why this even exists.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Chinese people buy in chinese exchanges and then western people who are already familiar with the bitcoin buy in example bitstamp. Normal western people are not yet interested (google trends) but when we break ATH they will be and then everybody just BUY BUY BUY =D

It's also possible everyone who wanted to learn about bitcoin already did that back in april, and when it does hit the media those people will be like "meh, again? I'm not falling for this again!".

Those people buy when we break $500 and then they sell at the next correction bottom.

this ... is exactly why most people will not touch bitcoin with a 10 foot pole... only a few suckers will do this, and btc will get a bad reputation- it is actually pretty bad already among the normal people...

ask anyone who is a CFO or accountant if they think any large business would want to use a currency that fluctuates by 50% in any given week, and has an ultra thin market.

Now you're hitting an entirely different subject with that last remark. I'm saying the bitcoin community underestimates how many people actually know about bitcoin. I think everyone who matters (people interested in technology, IT people, general investors,...) already learned about bitcoin back in april. Never mind the regular mom and pop investors, they wouldn't touch this with a 10 foot pole as this is an investment that lies outside of the banking scheme. For the regular mom and pop investors to come in, something truly revolutionary (or cataclysmic like a US default that has people searching for a safe haven) needs to happen. Another thing, look at the possibilities one has to invest in bitcoin. One needs to transfer money to an unregulated bitcoin exchange like Bitstamp or Gox. No way regular mom and pop investors would do that. But that's long term talk. Short term we need to look at companies and people like us (technofreaks) endorsing bitcoin.
maz
Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Very true.
legendary

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Those big Whales will start dumping at certain price point you never know, may well be a collaboration between the big players from the east and west. Wink
Activity: 238

legendary
The fuel comes from CHINA!!! How hard is this to understand?

how much fuel is left?
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1003
WePower.red

To their exchanges or also to western ones?
Activity: 280
Google trends image. What exactly is fueling this rally? This tells me it's old money doing the same all over.

It's similar to the $15 -> $30 run-up last time, just consistent and plentiful good news causing people with an existing interest in Bitcoin to buy in (possibly who learned about it in the last bubble but didn't buy). The media frenzy didn't start at full throttle until we busted through the all-time high.
Google trends image. What exactly is fueling this rally? This tells me it's old money doing the same all over.

Activity: 280
Not as exciting a night? It's hard to tell because my graph is missing data. Gox is up though, but the other exchanges are doing some consolidation.

Time for the correction?

Activity: 353
READY FOR THE NEXT BUBBLE CRASH ??

I predict it will happen whan the price touche 280-300$!

Crashing from below ath would be lame ..
Imho since we are still having these minor shakeoffs not causing panic we should be good for some more.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1003
WePower.red
touche? you french or something?

ah oui you touche my tralala

Are you frozen***** or why you have his picture?
touche? you french or something?

ah oui you touche my tralala
donator
Activity: 756
-Bitcoin & Ripple-
READY FOR THE NEXT BUBBLE CRASH ??

I predict it will happen whan the price touche 280-300$!
Activity: 533
Merit: 539
An observation:

Last March/April, during the media coverage, my friends and family were interested in hearing about bitcoin, but not a single one took the next step and purchased any.  

But now, upon hearing about the recent run-up, three people in my network are making small purchases.  They are starting to believe there's really something to it.  

So, its a bubble?

What would make you think that?

When people start buying in to something because the price is going up, to me.. that sounds like a bubble scenario.

I think people are seeing the value of their fiat going down. I think they are just trying to get rid of that soon to worthless fiat and see BTC as safe.

That seems pretty crazy and unlikely to me, considering BTC's volatility and specifically, the bubble and subsequent pop 6 months ago. I also don't think the average person views their fiat as "soon to be worthless". That's a bit extreme.
The average person loves their fiat, has a high degree of confidence in 'cold hard cash' as a safe haven, and thinks that anything else is probably a scam.

When you tell someone about btc it's like initiating them out of the matrix.

Like you said, the "average person" loves their FIAT.
No "smart person" in history has ever kept his FIAT, he converted it as fast as he can into something different, like commodities, realities,etc. something with a real value.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
Once 210 is broken we have lift off.

up uP UP!

Are we not already in "liftoff"?

Yes we are!  Wink

no, still very much on the ground. But losing weight and exhausting lot's of smoke and fire!

EDIT:

You must have a KNC miner.
However; it's not only about mining!

Almost bough one last week, but calculated it would be too risky, so I didn't.

Why is this about mining at all? Please clear me up.
Jump to: