Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32109. (Read 26472395 times)

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
--------------->¿?
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007
An observation:

Last March/April, during the media coverage, my friends and family were interested in hearing about bitcoin, but not a single one took the next step and purchased any. 

But now, upon hearing about the recent run-up, three people in my network are making small purchases.  They are starting to believe there's really something to it. 

So, its a bubble?

What would make you think that?

When people start buying in to something because the price is going up, to me.. that sounds like a bubble scenario.

I think people are seeing the value of their fiat going down. I think they are just trying to get rid of that soon to worthless fiat and see BTC as safe.

It is easy to forget what it was like *before* we learnt about bitcoin.  I think these people are simply starting to think "hmm, maybe it's not a pyramid scheme" or "maybe it's not like a video game token," or "maybe there actually is something to The Bit Coin [sic] after all."  

In the big picture, I think we are all still very early....

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
$211.42 Is the magic number = 2.5 Billion

The important thing is that you posted three times in a row.

It's late, I'm bored. Bitcointalk is my only friend right now.
Activity: 826
Merit: 508
An observation:

Last March/April, during the media coverage, my friends and family were interested in hearing about bitcoin, but not a single one took the next step and purchased any.  

But now, upon hearing about the recent run-up, three people in my network are making small purchases.  They are starting to believe there's really something to it.  

So, its a bubble?

When people start buying in to something because the price is going up, to me.. that sounds like a bubble scenario.

I think people are seeing the value of their fiat going down. I think they are just trying to get rid of that soon to worthless fiat and see BTC as safe.

That seems pretty crazy and unlikely to me, considering BTC's volatility and specifically, the bubble and subsequent pop 6 months ago. I also don't think the average person views their fiat as "soon to be worthless". That's a bit extreme.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500

The important thing is that you posted three times in a row.
BTC as safe.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha wait wait he said safe and bitcoin hahahahahahahahahaha. Did he miss it when we went to $75 last week? This market is so young and volatile there is nothing safe about it. With that said we may get there, I hope we get there, but right now it is NOT safe.
An observation:

But now, upon hearing about the recent run-up, three people in my network are making small purchases.  They are starting to believe there's really something to it. 

So, its a bubble?

The pump is working Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 896
An observation:

So, its a bubble?

legendary
An observation:

So, its a bubble?
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007
An observation:

legendary

Interesting that 210 became the first significant resistance over 200. Would have thought at least 225.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
About 600 coins to surpass 205.5 Smiley

Now 700 for $205; not that it really matters Tongue

wake up china!

Can't go to sleep, I'm just waiting to see how bitcoin reachs $206 Tongue

Congrats, we are there now.

The next big step will be 210.50.

Wow. That was fast!
Now i can go to sleep  Grin

Yes, sleep now.

Sleeping is the ultimate test for me last bubble. When tye bubble was growing, each day I would wake up to a higher BTC price. When it was delfating, I'd wake up to a lower BTC price. Sleeping takes away the distraction of minute-to-minute swings and just lets you judge by the general trend.

... or its just random superstition, but still.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1190
About 600 coins to surpass 205.5 Smiley

Now 700 for $205; not that it really matters Tongue

wake up china!

Can't go to sleep, I'm just waiting to see how bitcoin reachs $206 Tongue

Congrats, we are there now.

The next big step will be 210.50.

Wow. That was fast!
Now i can go to sleep  Grin