Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32118. (Read 26472474 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Does someone have a link to a BTC China ticker? Or isn't there one?
Activity: 728
Bit of a Dilemma.  Obviously I'm a pretty shit trader - but checking my trading sheet, if I had simply bought BTC at the time I moved money into Stamp since May - I would have bought at 101 - 120 and 125 and right now I would have nearly double the coins that I do having traded for 5 months!  5 months of stress just to break even Smiley So having just gone back in at $190 - what to do?

Panic and sell when it crashes to 150? Smiley seriously though....I lost 5 btc day trading and decided never to do it again. Long is the way forward.
I think the trick is to do it during the huge flash crash and after a bear market begins. Trying to do it during this exponential rise I have found to be futile.

The only problem is trying to know when the crash will be...
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1029
Bit of a Dilemma.  Obviously I'm a pretty shit trader - but checking my trading sheet, if I had simply bought BTC at the time I moved money into Stamp since May - I would have bought at 101 - 120 and 125 and right now I would have nearly double the coins that I do having traded for 5 months!  5 months of stress just to break even Smiley So having just gone back in at $190 - what to do?

Panic and sell when it crashes to 150? Smiley seriously though....I lost 5 btc day trading and decided never to do it again. Long is the way forward.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
^ I think you answered your own question Wink

In case it's still not clear: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG1qooBzE2w
Activity: 202
Merit: 100
Bit of a Dilemma.  Obviously I'm a pretty shit trader - but checking my trading sheet, if I had simply bought BTC at the time I moved money into Stamp since May - I would have bought at 101 - 120 and 125 and right now I would have nearly double the coins that I do having traded for 5 months!  5 months of stress just to break even Smiley So having just gone back in at $190 - what to do?
legendary
Well, that's a government-subsidized bubble. If the Chinese government is backing Bitcoin, of course all bets are off. We are going to Pluto.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer

China can blow this bubble pretty big.
We have seen nothing yet.
If even a little of the air in their housing bubble looks to find its way into Bitcoin, then this is just the froth.
legendary
Activity: 1237
Merit: 1010
Anyone here teach mandarin?

translate.google.com, you can also change it to English
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1029
The sting of $266 is still relatively fresh (about 4 times as fresh as the sting of $32, though that sting was much worse as price slid slowly to 1/16th and stayed very low instead of just a flash-crash to 1/5th and consolidation around 1/2).

However, if we trust zhangweiwu's analysis this thing could go huge for a few days then crash in China, taking the rest of the world along for the ride. All just a side show along the exponential highway to $10,000 and beyond.

This recent price action reminds me of early March, so maybe we consolidate for a week around $200, double a couple of times to like $800, crash to $250-300, then consolidate for a few months in the $500+ range. But of course history won't repeat so exactly.

Anyone here teach mandarin?
Activity: 715
Looks like I'm staying up all night to watch this... Damn it just hurry up and put in a huge bid will at $200 so I can go to sleep!  Smiley
legendary
The sting of $266 is still relatively fresh (about 4 times as fresh as the sting of $32, though that sting was much worse as price slid slowly to 1/16th and stayed very low instead of just a flash-crash to 1/5th and consolidation around 1/2).

However, if we trust zhangweiwu's analysis this thing could go huge for a few days then crash in China, taking the rest of the world along for the ride. All just a side show along the exponential highway to $10,000 and beyond.

This recent price action reminds me of early March, so maybe we consolidate for a week around $200, double a couple of times to like $800, crash to $250-300, then consolidate for a few months in the $500+ range. But of course history won't repeat so exactly.

this is no good.... at all... WAY WAY too fast going up.

It would be nice for the chart to just consolidate around this level for a few weeks.  But we as already know, Bitcoin does what it wants...and there will be a new wave of press coverage in the next 48hs which could add more fuel to the fire.  

It seemed impossible just a few weeks ago, but 266 is now relatively close and a likely target, my guess is that more meaningful resistance (from scared Westerners) will come in as we approach that number.

This would seem rational, but if you look at every previous bubble, it inflates well beyond its predecessor.

EDIT: And crashed to a much higher point. $500 crash to $350 isn't unrealistic...
Activity: 588

It would be nice for the chart to just consolidate around this level for a few weeks.  But we as already know, Bitcoin does what it wants...and there will be a new wave of press coverage in the next 48hs which could add more fuel to the fire.  

It seemed impossible just a few weeks ago, but 266 is now relatively close and a likely target, my guess is that more meaningful resistance (from once-bitten Westerners) will come in as we approach that number.

Activity: 784
Merit: 506
The price is extremely volatile

How can it not be volatile when it grows this fast? That's the thing, slow steady exponential growth may happen for other technologies, but with Bitcoin there is actual money on the line for everyone, so it follows human psychology and has mini-manias where it gets overheated then smarter people step in and correct it. With Bitcoin you have to up your tolerance for volatility to match the speed at which the price is moving.

Thank you.  You just eloquently described what I've been thinking for months now.  Trying to compare bitcoin price to technology adoption curves is flawed for the very reason you point out.  If we take an extreme weighted weekly average (below for example WMA 60) it's a fairly smooth line but as you say, with price more closely aligned with confidence than with adoption, fits and starts and crazy rallies followed by sharp corrections are I would venture almost inevitable.

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
$200 is the new $20, next bubble projection $2000

yeah or more closer to $2500
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

You mean like when we went from $10 to $20 in Jan to Feb this year?

Hardly...rocket time... Grin
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012
Beyond Imagination
$200 is the new $20, next bubble projection $2000
Sold half of my coins off into the SR panic, glad I came to terms with my loss and bought back in at $150(Gox). This thing is getting ready for take off.

At what price did you sell when SR went to shit?

Let's just say I took about an 8% loss on my total holdings of BTC  Sad
Activity: 706
Dutyfree.io – defying tobacco taxes since 2009.
Sold half of my coins off into the SR panic, glad I came to terms with my loss and bought back in at $150(Gox). This thing is getting ready for take off.

At what price did you sell when SR went to shit?
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
Jump to: