Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32166. (Read 26472973 times)

legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
ahhhh the walls are falling the walls are falling ahhhhhh

Tongue

up Up UP!!

Are you Bruce Wagner's echo? Just kidding    Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010
This is getting blown way out of proportion.

A news item get blown out of proportion?! On THIS forum of all places?! I never thought I'd live to see the day...

Yes but at the same time, a high constant fee is a good way to lock "most" people out but keep it legal for you and your pals (provided you are rich or funded by the rich). 

For example, from reading these forums I learned the term "dollar denominated account" a few months ago.  So I googled around found just one bank (UBS) that offered foreign currency denominated accounts.  I thought it might be a good idea to diversify a bit into euros, yuan, etc.  Called them up -- not going to happen unless I was going to deposit > 1 million USD.  Too much overhead and paperwork...

Ironically, there's a trick that lets you do it in a small way with the company we love-to-hate: Paypal.  If someone sends you money you can choose to hold it in the currency it was sent...

Schwab, Fidelity, and HSBC are a few examples of banks that offer multi-denominated accounts in the USA.

All require no minimum or a small minimum (I think HSBC is $5000, fidelity and schwab are $0 minimum).

Great! Thx I should have asked you guys a long time ago...
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

A news item get blown out of proportion?! On THIS forum of all places?! I never thought I'd live to see the day...

Yes but at the same time, a high constant fee is a good way to lock "most" people out but keep it legal for you and your pals (provided you are rich or funded by the rich). 

For example, from reading these forums I learned the term "dollar denominated account" a few months ago.  So I googled around found just one bank (UBS) that offered foreign currency denominated accounts.  I thought it might be a good idea to diversify a bit into euros, yuan, etc.  Called them up -- not going to happen unless I was going to deposit > 1 million USD.  Too much overhead and paperwork...

Ironically, there's a trick that lets you do it in a small way with the company we love-to-hate: Paypal.  If someone sends you money you can choose to hold it in the currency it was sent...

Schwab, Fidelity, and HSBC are a few examples of banks that offer multi-denominated accounts in the USA.

All require no minimum or a small minimum (I think HSBC is $5000, fidelity and schwab are $0 minimum).
legendary
legendary
legendary
Merit: 1125

For example, from reading these forums I learned the term "dollar denominated account" a few months ago.  So I googled around found just one bank (UBS) that offered foreign currency denominated accounts.  I thought it might be a good idea to diversify a bit into euros, yuan, etc.  Called them up -- not going to happen unless I was going to deposit > 1 million USD.  Too much overhead and paperwork...

Ironically, there's a trick that lets you do it in a small way with the company we love-to-hate: Paypal.  If someone sends you money you can choose to hold it in the currency it was sent...

Just open an Interactive Brokers account (and I imagine there are many other stock brokers who offer this). You'll only need $10k (less if you're 26 and under).
Activity: 770
Merit: 501

Tongue

up Up UP!!

lol meanwhile bitstamp is facing a massive 2,5k sell wall
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
also what's up with this massive spread, looks unhealthy

cool it bulls let the market build support here...geez leweez
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner

Tongue

up Up UP!!
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010

For example, from reading these forums I learned the term "dollar denominated account" a few months ago.  So I googled around found just one bank (UBS) that offered foreign currency denominated accounts.  I thought it might be a good idea to diversify a bit into euros, yuan, etc.  Called them up -- not going to happen unless I was going to deposit > 1 million USD.  Too much overhead and paperwork...

Ironically, there's a trick that lets you do it in a small way with the company we love-to-hate: Paypal.  If someone sends you money you can choose to hold it in the currency it was sent...
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

legendary
Activity: 518
Merit: 500

legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
Yep i went to the bank also to do a wire this morning. I had to leave the coins, my keys and my mobile !! on a lock out of the security scanner door. Go the the back of queue and wait for half an hour. When it was my turn, the guy told me that due to reducing costs I should do that kind of transactions on the ATM outside in the street.

When will these dinousaurs extinct?

You can't take coins into your bank ?

Coins are money right...
no the coins represent fiat money
fiat money and money are two different things
 Tongue
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070
Yep i went to the bank also to do a wire this morning. I had to leave the coins, my keys and my mobile !! on a lock out of the security scanner door. Go the the back of queue and wait for half an hour. When it was my turn, the guy told me that due to reducing costs I should do that kind of transactions on the ATM outside in the street.

You can't take coins into your bank ?

Coins are money right...
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

I can send same day wires to most of the world.

sent two wires today, took about 45 min at the bank... god i love btc...

time is money....

Most people are able to send a wire online in less than 3 minutes. Sounds like you need a better bank.

Yes, takes me a couple of minutes on the bank's website to send to a recipient who's already setup on my account.

If I do an international wire early in the afternoon they send it the same day and I know one guy who I pay on a regular basis often receives his payments the day I send them.

Of course this isn't a US bank we're talking about.

If I send a payment to another UK bank account it arrives in their account instantly using their 'faster payments' method.
Activity: 841
Merit: 1000
HSBC here just told me that the USA is stopping wire transfers out of the country in order to protect their economy to prevent people from panicking. It sounds just like Cyprus.
yeah right.....
Jump to: