Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32170. (Read 26473031 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Activity: 448
next spike to 180? over the weekend?

Funny how people now expect the price to go up over the weekend, it used to be everybody expected weekend tanks.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010
holy fuck BUY!!!!!!!!!

Foreign Wire Transfers: Due to recent regulatory changes, effective 10/1/13, FNBT/FCB will no longer offer foreign wire transfer services through Internet Banking or in banking centers.

If you need to send funds to a recipient in a foreign country, you can go to www.westernunion.com to send a transfer using your Debit MasterCard® or visit your local banking center to send a Western Union in person.

What bank is that?

first national texas, but i would imagine these 'regulatory changes' apply to all banks.

funny, I just wrote a rambling projection on how international B2B is the next killer app for bitcoin (now that China is ramping up). https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3351398

Even a year ago it was difficult to receive international wires b/c there is a different USA-only wire system.  Credit unions and regional banks do not get a SWIFT number...  I had to actually GO to a physical room inconveniently located an entire 5 minute drive from my house, fill out forms ON PAPER, and actually TALK DIRECTLY to another living breathing smiling human being to open an account that would accept international wires. :-)  But seriously -- the real issue is that it had to be with one of the big names whose business model is to basically drain your funds with fees, etc.  For example, if I don't do at least 1 txn a month in the account there is a fee.

Joking aside, bitcoin is awesome at medium international xfer. Small can be done with paypal, large with a wire.  The sweet spot IMO is 500-5000 USD.

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
I have a friend that works at the US/CAD boarder

he got a memo about bitcoin

it said

"let the bitcoiners cross with wtv amount of bitcoin they like, their is no need to declare bitcoin holdings" ( or somthing to that effect )

thats right bitches, bitcoiners are getting special treatment  Cool
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
holy fuck BUY!!!!!!!!!

Foreign Wire Transfers: Due to recent regulatory changes, effective 10/1/13, FNBT/FCB will no longer offer foreign wire transfer services through Internet Banking or in banking centers.

If you need to send funds to a recipient in a foreign country, you can go to www.westernunion.com to send a transfer using your Debit MasterCard® or visit your local banking center to send a Western Union in person.

What bank is that?

first national texas, but i would imagine these 'regulatory changes' apply to all banks.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1029
holy fuck BUY!!!!!!!!!

What bank is that?
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
holy fuck BUY!!!!!!!!!

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1029
cmon shit, hit the fan already! (But in such a way that our internet and electricity remain at least as functional and accessible as they are now. Then it's......) GOOO BTC
Activity: 841
Merit: 1000
My first reaction to all this bank news is FUD... although what if it's all true. Then shit is about to hit the fan.
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
Mother of god. Any other banks are doing the same?
Look at the bottom of the page:

https://online.1stnb.com/LoginAdv.aspx

Better start asking around to see if the banks you use have any upcoming changes to their international wire policy in the pipeline.

Quote from: Aswan on Today at 11:25:26 AM

Yesterday I got a letter from my bank (German bank) telling me they would reduce the amount I can send from 25000€ to 5000€. My gf who is at another bank for her limit reduced to 2000€ 2-3 weeks ago. They they one can manually increase it by calling them but this increase is only a temporary thing then.... idk what to think about it =/

why are they changing these limits?
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
Energy is Wealth

Better start asking around to see if the banks you use have any upcoming changes to their international wire policy in the pipeline.

Quote from: Aswan on Today at 11:25:26 AM

Yesterday I got a letter from my bank (German bank) telling me they would reduce the amount I can send from 25000€ to 5000€. My gf who is at another bank for her limit reduced to 2000€ 2-3 weeks ago. They they one can manually increase it by calling them but this increase is only a temporary thing then.... idk what to think about it =/
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1013

legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
next spike to 180? over the weekend?
legendary
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Gox 's gap with stamp is only 8% now.  Withdrawals processing?  Or perhaps now that the entire market is rallying people aren't panicking about the earlier perception of a btc bank run on gox only?
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
This only pertains to 2 of chase's entry level business accounts. If you want to send international wires, sign up for one of their premium business accounts, some even include 5 free wire transfers per month.

legendary
Activity: 448

This is for all accounts or this particular one? Because if it is for all that could mean they are preparing to take some money from people accounts.
yep, does Cyprus ring a bell.

chances are it's only this one account. Don't get all wet in the pants.

http://voiceofrussia.com/news/2013_10_17/JP-Morgan-Chase-to-limit-cash-withdrawals-bank-officials-say-0524/ - looks like it is about the whole bank.  But the date on the letter is 8 of Nov. - so it has been planned for some time.

What the fuck? That's HUGE!
You can still use Direct Deposit, though. So you can still just move the money to another bank with international wires, or use WU. It is going to be more expensive, though.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer

What the fuck? That's HUGE!

As regards the debt ceiling, etc, the government will continue to do stupid stuff. Not coming to an agreement is stupid, raising the debt limit even more is stupid. It's all good for Bitcoin long term (But bad for everyone in general and US residents in particular).

Debt ceilings, shutdowns, fiscal cliffs, blah blah.  That's all a bunch of political fund-raising theater.  Creating and then milking each crisis in turn.
Folks outside the US point and laugh, but it's all pretty much an ignorable if ignoble part of playing out the rope that's left.
Jump to: