Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32167. (Read 26473031 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
This is getting blown way out of proportion.

A news item get blown out of proportion?! On THIS forum of all places?! I never thought I'd live to see the day...
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
Yep i went to the bank also to do a wire this morning. I had to leave the coins, my keys and my mobile !! on a lock out of the security scanner door. Go the the back of queue and wait for half an hour. When it was my turn, the guy told me that due to reducing costs I should do that kind of transactions on the ATM outside in the street.

When will these dinousaurs extinct?

You can't take coins into your bank ?

Coins are money right...
no the coins represent fiat money
fiat money and money are two different things
 Tongue
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070
Yep i went to the bank also to do a wire this morning. I had to leave the coins, my keys and my mobile !! on a lock out of the security scanner door. Go the the back of queue and wait for half an hour. When it was my turn, the guy told me that due to reducing costs I should do that kind of transactions on the ATM outside in the street.

You can't take coins into your bank ?

Coins are money right...
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

I can send same day wires to most of the world.

sent two wires today, took about 45 min at the bank... god i love btc...

time is money....

Most people are able to send a wire online in less than 3 minutes. Sounds like you need a better bank.

Yes, takes me a couple of minutes on the bank's website to send to a recipient who's already setup on my account.

If I do an international wire early in the afternoon they send it the same day and I know one guy who I pay on a regular basis often receives his payments the day I send them.

Of course this isn't a US bank we're talking about.

If I send a payment to another UK bank account it arrives in their account instantly using their 'faster payments' method.
Activity: 841
Merit: 1000
HSBC here just told me that the USA is stopping wire transfers out of the country in order to protect their economy to prevent people from panicking. It sounds just like Cyprus.
yeah right.....
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1029
HSBC here just told me that the USA is stopping wire transfers out of the country in order to protect their economy to prevent people from panicking. It sounds just like Cyprus.
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

I can send same day wires to most of the world.

sent two wires today, took about 45 min at the bank... god i love btc...

time is money....

Most people are able to send a wire online in less than 3 minutes. Sounds like you need a better bank.
Activity: 371
Merit: 250

Activity: 448

The funny part is you then still have to wait about a week for the money to actually be transferred. Its numbers for god's sake, what takes so long? I don't even know why its so slow TBH.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 448
guy on reddit sheds some light:

What is going on is there is an amendment that is being added to Regulation E, called the new remittance transfer rule. It is part of the Dodd-frank act, and this new rule is made to create 'consumer protection' so that you can cancel a wire within 30 minutes of making it, know what fees there are, etc. I did a more detailed write up on my blog that has links to sources and all that jazz.
TL;DR: There are new regulations that are being implemented on Oct. 28th. To avoid the headache, many banks (Chase and HSBC) are simply stopping int'l wire transfers, and other banks that still do outbound international wire transfer fees are going to double or triple.
Disclosure: I know about this because I work in finance.

I love consumer protections. They generally go something along the lines of "consumers can't use X unless BLAH". They make me feel very protected.

Still, this doesn't explain the cash withdraw limit.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
guy on reddit sheds some light:

What is going on is there is an amendment that is being added to Regulation E, called the new remittance transfer rule. It is part of the Dodd-frank act, and this new rule is made to create 'consumer protection' so that you can cancel a wire within 30 minutes of making it, know what fees there are, etc. I did a more detailed write up on my blog that has links to sources and all that jazz.
TL;DR: There are new regulations that are being implemented on Oct. 28th. To avoid the headache, many banks (Chase and HSBC) are simply stopping int'l wire transfers, and other banks that still do outbound international wire transfer fees are going to double or triple.
Disclosure: I know about this because I work in finance.
donator

also this comment (one of the answers to the first bitcoin comment) is golden:

capital controls may be meaningless to bitcoins...but the inflation that follows will not! Your purchasing power will be eroded, one way or another...
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
cypress was the beta test. next is the bail-in.

How it it we even know the term "bail-in"? That's something those banker scum made up once we bailed them out the first time.

We emboldened them with the bail-out and now they want more.
donator
donator

United Heritage Credit Union’s decision to discontinue outgoing international wire services is resultant from a new consumer protection regulation. United Heritage Credit Union will be able to service your international wire transfer needs until October 19, 2013 and we recommend that you use this time to research alternative means to send funds to foreign locations. Companies providing international wire services include Western Union® Consumer and Western Union® Business Solutions Online FX. Please visit westernunion.com for more details. Please review their information to determine what best suits your international wire needs.

Yeah, we better protect the consumer from being able to send his money abroad. WTF.

And also: puuahahaaa. Western Union again.
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
Basically if you exceed the limits they just auto-upgrade your account.

This is getting blown way out of proportion.
Jump to: