Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32189. (Read 26473270 times)

legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070
Bitcoin represents like 97% of the market cap of all crypto. Therefore for most, you save time by approximating the others to be zero (and not buy them). It takes skill to effectively play the altcoins. Personally I don't want to invest my time for such a small payoff.

I bought over 500,000 ltc at an average price close to 1 cent. You might think my gain was small but i dont.

There is some kind of skill involved, which I don't have.

Investing 3% of my cryptostash to alts, would in my case most probably lead to same returns but diminished control. Even if it goes up 10 times relative to btc, it will just increase my total wealth to 0.03*10+0.97 = 1.27 (+27%). This is almost insignificant. So in a sense, I think your gain was small Wink

I prefer to keep things simple. That is why I bought bitcoins only after the 2011 bubble, giving it ample time to turn out being a hoax. Granted I paid 10x more than some, but also made the groundwork for successful long-term holding.

27% of your overall investment is not insignificant no matter which way you look at it, especially when you would be risking only 3%.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
Bitcoin represents like 97% of the market cap of all crypto. Therefore for most, you save time by approximating the others to be zero (and not buy them). It takes skill to effectively play the altcoins. Personally I don't want to invest my time for such a small payoff.

I bought over 500,000 ltc at an average price close to 1 cent. You might think my gain was small but i dont.

There is some kind of skill involved, which I don't have.

Investing 3% of my cryptostash to alts, would in my case most probably lead to same returns but diminished control. Even if it goes up 10 times relative to btc, it will just increase my total wealth to 0.03*10+0.97 = 1.27 (+27%). This is almost insignificant. So in a sense, I think your gain was small Wink

I prefer to keep things simple. That is why I bought bitcoins only after the 2011 bubble, giving it ample time to turn out being a hoax. Granted I paid 10x more than some, but also made the groundwork for successful long-term holding.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
i'm buying feathercoins  Grin

!!!?Huh!!!!??!??!!!!??!?!??!!!!!

Having a small amount in a few alts is not that bad. I hold a bit of xpm just cuz cpu coin. Like ltc is my gpu coin.

No interest in feathercoin for me however.

I was also able to triple the amount of BTC I was holding due to these alts. That's 100's of BTC profit for a simple buy and hold on a couple of currencies which were not 'obvious scams'.

The cheaper it is the more capacity it has to double up again and again and still be cheap.
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
i'm buying feathercoins  Grin

Having a small amount in a few alts is not that bad. I hold a bit of xpm just cuz cpu coin. Like ltc is my gpu coin.

I hold some LTC and PPC but it represents less than 0.1% of the value of my Bitcoin holdings.

oh i put a little more then that,

and i might put some time into it, throw up an app, earn some FTC, watch price rise   Cool

thats what i like about FTC, its 2 months old, solid team and plenty of space for anyone to join and make a difference! 

I'm telling you everyone should buy a little FTC.
legendary
Merit: 1125

I hold some LTC and PPC but it represents less than 0.1% of the value of my Bitcoin holdings.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

legendary
legendary
legendary
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Circle gets the Square
It looks like its a Cloudflare anti-ddos like service owned by baidu that is accepting the BTC payments.

This

They're not accepting it for anything else yet, but to have a company of this size essentially endorse Bitcoin seems to me to be a big deal.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
It looks like its a Cloudflare anti-ddos like service owned by baidu that is accepting the BTC payments.
legendary
Anyone seen already that China's biggest search engine Baidu just started to accept BTC payments?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/breaking-news-baidu-nasdaqbidu-accepts-bitcoin-310962

Might be another good reason for the recent rally -- and for more rallies in the future Smiley

Yes, this is interesting.

I know they're a search engine but do they sell anything other than advertising ?
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
Anyone seen already that China's biggest search engine Baidu just started to accept BTC payments?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/breaking-news-baidu-nasdaqbidu-accepts-bitcoin-310962

Might be another good reason for the recent rally -- and for more rallies in the future Smiley
legendary
legendary
Activity: 2478
Merit: 1362
I add my 2 cBtc, objectively: In the past I held also a protfolio of different alts (PPC, TRC, LTC, NMC, FTC, DVC). Only NMC (Namecoin) had good stability and keep rather well its value (all tanked realy hard).

I to be complete I'd like to add that NVC seems to be as good as NMC. I still don't figure why, but it's seems that it's a bit shady and btc-e is behind.

Disclosure: I'm 100% bitcoin now, sold every other alt.
legendary
Jump to: