Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32186. (Read 26473227 times)

Activity: 454
Merit: 250
Daaayum wall setters beware. Buyers are calling your bluff. Everytime somebody puts a medium to large size sell order it gets snatched up quick!
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 1168
Merit: 1000
Are we at the point where Gox "follows" Stamp (or at least seems to respect it)?

I feel like if Gox snaps too high over Stamp, and Stamp doesn't follow (pretty typical) someone dumps Gox back down.  By "too high" I mean maybe >11/12% (over Stamp) and Stamp doesn't follow.  Any truth to that?

We seem to be ~ one month from Stamp 30 day volume matching or even overtaking Gox.
legendary
Activity: 1193
Merit: 1003
9.9.2012: I predict that single digits... <- FAIL

How so? People were touting their horns about it the whole time, and now suddenly as it appears to be happening it's supposed to be not?
Of course lobbyists are onto Bitcoin, the whole gox situation wouldn't be there if they weren't.

I think this article is a pretty consistent explanation of current affairs.

I haven't seen a single government that is hostile against Bitcoin.
Activity: 784
Merit: 506

I wonder if he failed to realize the banks have already been fighting bitcoin. Accounts associated with bitcoin transactions are shut down just about every day. The US government has begun tying up any organization affiliated with bitcoin with a bundle of red tape. Bitcoin business is moving or growing outside of the US for these reasons. Everything short of declaring it illegal in the US has already taken place. I can only assume that the recent interest with subpeonas and meetings with BTC foundation are to get an understanding of exactly how to write that law in a way that it only applies to bitcoin, or other crypto forks. Digital currency is a whole lot more agile than US law, so they need to get it just right, and it needs to be a surprise.

That being said, the next step is "then you win".

Even if they take all the preparatory steps and design this perfect law to criminalise Bitcoin's use for legit businesses if things keep going as they are they will not dare take the step of implementing it for fear of losing out to the rest of the world which appears to be in the process of reaping the rewards of crypto's agility in facilitating commerce.  As I said on the Baidu thread, fear of losing power to other nations is a massive motivator for the US - even more I think than losing power to its own citizens - which is what Bitcoin has the potential to empower.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP

How so? People were touting their horns about it the whole time, and now suddenly as it appears to be happening it's supposed to be not?
Of course lobbyists are onto Bitcoin, the whole gox situation wouldn't be there if they weren't.

I think this article is a pretty consistent explanation of current affairs.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

I wonder if he failed to realize the banks have already been fighting bitcoin. Accounts associated with bitcoin transactions are shut down just about every day. The US government has begun tying up any organization affiliated with bitcoin with a bundle of red tape. Bitcoin business is moving or growing outside of the US for these reasons. Everything short of declaring it illegal in the US has already taken place. I can only assume that the recent interest with subpeonas and meetings with BTC foundation are to get an understanding of exactly how to write that law in a way that it only applies to bitcoin, or other crypto forks. Digital currency is a whole lot more agile than US law, so they need to get it just right, and it needs to be a surprise.

That being said, the next step is "then you win".
Activity: 371
legendary
Activity: 1193
Merit: 1003
9.9.2012: I predict that single digits... <- FAIL
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1036
So we discovered the identity of the Chinese secret rocket. That is good. Wake me up when we hit $200.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Lol, Feathercoin. The funny thing is, the Feathercoin guys seem to get that it's about the dev team more than the coin protocol. They're at least putting in the effort to hype their dev team and make it look inviting, which gives them an advantage over the other altcoins.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team
Damn adam, I feel like you're a closet bear sometimes (lol)

This is a bubble! I'm tingling with excitement!

180 is legitimately in our grasp for once. Prob crash to 135-145 before hand though.

disclaimer: I know absolutely nothing.

(also, it seems btc has only been higher than this for 5 days in its history)

i am a closet bear sometimes

bitcoin is going parabolic again,
good sign for the atl coins,
FTC is a risky bet, but tons of fun.

i have thousands of coins mauahahaha  Cheesy

I do not see the risk in the FTC/BTC trend-line. What I do see is a steady decline in the price of FTC in terms of BTC. http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/period-charts.php?period=alltime&resolution=day&pair=ftc-btc&market=btc-e Now if there was a way to go short FTC long BTC it could be an interesting and possibly safe trade. Myself I am sticking with the BTC/USD pair. Long BTC short USD.
legendary
Activity: 966
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
Baidu accepts bitcoin and Fitch places USA on negative ratings watch.
Activity: 448
Why are the alts crashing when BTC is rallying?

Because when alts stop existing, cryptocoins as a concept (Bitcoin) wins.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

alt = scam

That's been said of bitcoin, too. Alts have their place and function. Of course: much pump & dump and premining and stuff going on there. But huge potential if you're the one doing it Wink.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

Because it's always been like that. So if BTC moves up, people swap their altcoin for BTC.
legendary
Activity: 1414

alt = scam

A lot of people used to say the same thing about Bitcoin, plenty still do.

It's especially funny when a Bitcoin supporter uses the same arguments against an ALT which were once used against Bitcoin itself.

Transfer all of your stash into scamcoin if you believe in them (and prove it).
Jump to: